[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

You can downgrade gen2 updated to gen3 with a gen2 TPT.

Thank you! As being pretty upset I did it before your post not knowing that I made a better brick or worse.

I used the Gen2-v2a2.zip from the official site of tpt but:

1. the checksum did not matched :blink:

2. after the green line gone to 100% a small text appeared "error" but it said "~finished successfully" ;)

Looks like everything is working well now except for:

- the Google Now what collapses without FC... (???)

- and there is some DLNA / UPnP error bubbleUPnP or similar apps do not see the network and close

(Es File Explorer discovered the network and no problem logging in)

Guest dhoomktoo1

I am using exdialer as my default dialer. Dialing works fine but I am not able to find original cm dialer in the launcher app drawer. although I can see the phone.apk in settings - manage apps but not able to start default dialer.. Wonder if anyone can help me to get it back into my app drawee

Oh, it is a shame that I posted as a silly kid. Now I read back over 50 pages and realized that 5 pages back would have been good enough for most of my problem.

But as always... an updated list style issue menu at the topic sidebar would be perfect!

:oDLNA / UPnP still does not work - I hope that it is just a bug what can be solved while it was working well with 2.3!

Guest elrond_bs

@Mio180: if the checksum didn't match why do you install? That means it is not downloaded/moved correctly. And why not using my link for Gen2 160mb system v10 custom?

Wipe everything and install again. But be more careful.

@ dhoomktoo1: Default dialer should be in the drawer, so it is a serious problem. If your system is 160MB or more, wipe and install again. If not, use the TPT from the link above.

Edited by elrond_bs

Hi elrond_bs,

I downloaded (mine) several times but getting each time the exactly same chksum what was still different the one seen on the site.

It is working perfect (of course it has bad cam, no google voice, and some known bug or issue)

Felt too late when I downloaded what you linked and I was pretty tired when realized it is not jut an *.img but a bunch of file.

I found that a too hard job without tpt helper...

OK. I go and use your linked image if you promise it has DLNA support :P

What else can be better if I start it again?

Thank you!

Guest Snap.IT
@Mio180: if the checksum didn't match why do you install? That means it is not downloaded/moved correctly. And why not using my link for Gen2 160mb system v10 custom?

Wipe everything and install again. But be more careful.

@ dhoomktoo1: Default dialer should be in the drawer, so it is a serious problem. If your system is 160MB or more, wipe and install again. If not, use the TPT from the link above.

If you change the standard dialer into another dialer then that dialer will start by default.

To get back to the standard dialer enter settings -> apps click your installed dialer (exdialer) and clear it's setting as standard dialer.

Guest Snap.IT
Yes, but his dialer doesn't show in app drawer. Even if you install 5 other dialers, the stock one is still there (except, if you deliberately hide it).

It's much more likely that something changed after the installation of exdialer since it changed after that. If you use a theme with icons the icon for dialer that used to open the JB dialer will open exdialer instead if it's selected as default dialer.

It's not like the dialer magically dissapeared. It's still there.

Guest bloobzor

Hi, i haven't been following the blade scene in a while, I still use swedish snow RLS7 on a blade that used to be a gen 1 (updated it to 2 by using the ss RLS7 TPT)

Now I want to install this rom but I am a bit confused on how I have to do it

1. run gen1 to gen2 V10a by using TPThelper

2. turn off phone, power back on by holding volume+ and menu button

3.in clockwork flash the rom

4. install gabbs

5. done

Is this correct? Where do I place the actual rom on my sdcard so iI can find it in clockwork?

Also I keep reading that 16.11 (i think?) is the best version of this rom, I never use youtube on my phone, should I use this version?

Sorry for these stupid questions.

Edited by bloobzor

Guest dhoomktoo1

Snap...I have already tried clearing the defaults for exdialer. But still not able to get back the default dialer. As you rightly said ..it must be there since the calling is working all right ..but I just can't seem to find it in the app drawer. Phone.apk is there in system / app folder. Can also see the it in settings / manage app. Just can't seem to find a way to start the default dialer...weird

EDIT : took a nandroid backup and reinstalled the ROM on top with out any wipes. Dialer back in app drawer and works likes a charm. Thanks for all your help.

Edited by dhoomktoo1

Guest jonmac73

Hi, i haven't been following the blade scene in a while, I still use swedish snow RLS7 on a blade that used to be a gen 1 (updated it to 2 by using the ss RLS7 TPT)

Now I want to install this rom but I am a bit confused on how I have to do it

1. run gen1 to gen2 V10a by using TPThelper

2. turn off phone, power back on by holding volume+ and menu button

3.in clockwork flash the rom

4. install gabbs

5. done

Is this correct? Where do I place the actual rom on my sdcard so iI can find it in clockwork?

Also I keep reading that 16.11 (i think?) is the best version of this rom, I never use youtube on my phone, should I use this version?

Sorry for these stupid questions.

sounds fine, although full CWM backup first & format/wipe before starting, but TPT will do that anyway.

I came from SS too, so many more usability features and not much performance drop. I used 1611 after reading on here - not tried latest so can't comment but everything works that I need so am happy.

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

One question, if the devs made a android 4.2 ROM, what would you have to do to get it stable? or it would be as stable as cm10 because its still jelly bean?

Guest elrond_bs

KonstaT already commented on that, few pages back. He said 4.2 is a lot of work, but not worthed at all, because most new things can't work on our ARM6 CPU, and rest of the changes are insignificant. Also CM10.1 is still in the beginning and 4.2 proved to be quite buggy even for supported devices. :D

I guess 4.1 is the last stable and working Android we will see for our device. And that is a great achievement for such an old phone with ARM6.

Guest bloobzor

sounds fine, although full CWM backup first & format/wipe before starting, but TPT will do that anyway.

I came from SS too, so many more usability features and not much performance drop. I used 1611 after reading on here - not tried latest so can't comment but everything works that I need so am happy.

Thanks mate, was a bit scared to do it but did it anyway. Just booted in the new rom and looks like everything is working!

Guest dhoomktoo1

Noob q for devs. Is there a way to figure out the background and hex values for the colors used in a newly installed cm 10 theme? Want to use the same values to some other configurable apps.

Guest elrond_bs

First of all, you should ask this in another thread.

Still: easiest way - make a screenshot, open it on your computer, check the value of the color with Paint.NET (it shows it in HEX as well as RGB). Another way - decompile the theme.

Edited by elrond_bs