[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Any experiences with the camcorder in this new build?

My blade got a 3MP camera and the videos taken with CM7 are of 640x480 resolution with 8.875fps. What is it like with this build? Could anyone please test this?

Any experiences with the camcorder in this new build?

My blade got a 3MP camera and the videos taken with CM7 are of 640x480 resolution with 8.875fps. What is it like with this build? Could anyone please test this?

320x240, ~1fps -> useless. :D That said, I couldn't find much use for a video with 640x480 and 8.875fps either.

Well, 640x480 with 8.875fps definitely isn't a great visual experience but to me it was always good enough to bring back memories of places/concerts visited. So to me it's kinda important and the only thing keeping me from switching to CM10. Any chances the camcorder will improve in the future or is it unlikely due to JB-limitations?

Because the devs consider radio to be unnecessary and outdated and not worth the efforts. There are quite some people sad about that but there seems to be nothing we can do about that except for programming it ourselves what i am not capable of.

The Radio is not working!!!!!

Why?

Are you my evil doppelganger? :D

Which radio are you referring to? The FM radio? Nobody seems to be interested in it, but feel free to investigate and do what needs to be done to have it working! ;)

I wish I could use this rom, however lack of USB tethering is stopping me from it, tried USB tethering app but it would FC only. Could anyone kindly tell me which one app is compatible with this rom?

Same. Can't find a wifi tethering app with WPA/WPA2 encryption either.

Guest WiiSky70

Hi , i've downloaded the latest update to my friends Blade , (He told me to update his Blade to 4.1) and

i found there is NO Wallpapers selection or any Live Wallpapers available , only Gallery can put wallpapers into his phone ?

Before i've flashed the Jelly Bean ROM , i've installed the Gen2 Stock TPT.

What i've done wrong ? I need an higher partition ?

Guest b3rvirus

Hi , i've downloaded the latest update to my friends Blade , (He told me to update his Blade to 4.1) and

i found there is NO Wallpapers selection or any Live Wallpapers available , only Gallery can put wallpapers into his phone ?

Before i've flashed the Jelly Bean ROM , i've installed the Gen2 Stock TPT.

What i've done wrong ? I need an higher partition ?

as the first post said, 160mb partition should be enough, and stock partition is very high :D ...

the last time I try JB, the mediascanner didn't work

the gallery doesn't show my old photos, and the music player doesn't show my MP3s

is it fixed now? or will it be fixed? or anyway to fix it?

:)

Guest WiiSky70

as the first post said, 160mb partition should be enough, and stock partition is very high ...

the gallery doesn't show my old photos, and the music player doesn't show my MP3s

is it fixed now? or will it be fixed? or anyway to fix it?

Well , i've flashed the Gen2 Stock TPT to my friend's blade cuz of more memory

Guest elrond_bs

First of all, this ROM is for advanced users (I assume your friend doesn't know how to install it himself and therefore it isn't one). It is in experimental stage and not for daily use. Although the ROM is good, it still may have some random bugs as alarms not ringing (as mentioned severel times here) and so on. Don't blame it on the ROM, if your friend has problems. ICS is much better (and bug free) for not advanced users.

About the wallpapers - there are removed to make the ROM fit in smaller system partition, download what you like from Play Store.

Guest b3rvirus

Well , i've flashed the Gen2 Stock TPT to my friend's blade cuz of more memory

that means more unused memory on /system partition, and less usable memory on /data partition

Yep, but isnt is possible to convert/move some of the users apps to system apps (i also have default 220MB system) for saving some memory in /data?

Has anyone done this already?

PS: I use LINK2SD and that works well. Thinink about to use some of users apps as systemapps and not linked to sdext.

Edited by mitchde

Guest elrond_bs

The problem with moving user apps to system is that they can't be updated without taking the space again in data and forcing you to move them back to system after each update.

@huibuhh - the radio have some system libraries missing/not compatible, and that's why it isn't working, not because the devs are lazy or have chosen to ignore it!

Guest kubiczek

Does a VOIP work to somebody? Is it possible to keep some application in a phone memory if I use S2E or once I decide to move applications on SD card I need to move all of them?

Hello everyone, I have a small problem with Apollo music player..... I installed it before on cm 9 kang, no problem with it. Now I'm on cm10, backuped up, cleared the data. Launched it, seems ok, there are my songs ecc. I select one, then I have FC of Apollo :/ I tried to launch it, pulled the bar down, clicked on the play widget, the music is going, but also FC :/

Any idea ?

Guest megamusty

@kubiczek

With S2E, it is all or nothings.

If you want app-by-apps , you have to look at "Link2SD" on google play. I works for me like a charm....

have a nice day.

Guest b3rvirus

is anyone know what happening with media scanner?

is it fixed now? or will it be fixed? or any way to fix it?

Edited by b3rvirus

For some reason, I get an error (something with symlinks)

I was on the 4.0 rom so I figured I just needed to wipe/format everything and then install the zip (hence the 4.0 needed a partition of 185 and this said 160)

But it seems it gives an error during installation. What should I do, hence my blade is now empty besides clockwork mod

Guest Moonvalley11

For some reason, I get an error (something with symlinks)

I was on the 4.0 rom so I figured I just needed to wipe/format everything and then install the zip (hence the 4.0 needed a partition of 185 and this said 160)

But it seems it gives an error during installation. What should I do, hence my blade is now empty besides clockwork mod

If you were using KonstaT's ICS Rom, den I'm pretty sure you TPT'd it to a 138 mb system partition.. You need to repartition it to atleast a 160 MB one. Even I had the problem with the symlinks, because I was trying to fit the 160 MB OS into a 138 MB space.

Used a gen 2 TPT 160 MB System, 279 MB data n 2 MB cache.

Which gen is your phone?