[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, could you implement a new release in a "self-swap" in rom? I use the model with only 256 RAM (Brazil), access to menus, sub-menus of the system, etc, everything works very smooth, the problem is when you open any app. It basically closes without displaying any error message and it was expected for me because of low memory.

I use in my day to day the Gingerbread (CM 7.2), to improve the use I installed the app "Swapper2" with a 200MB swap partition in SD, everything works great. The app enables the use swap function while the system is on, if I reboot, everything back as it was.

The question is: I can not install "Swapper2" on Jellybean because PlayStore closes before I can install (because of low memory).

Could you implement a way where the ROM "see" the SD have a swap partition (partitioned the way "1 -> FAT32, 2 -> SD-EXT, 3 -> SWAP") and automatically enable "swap" in the system ??

Sorry for bad English. Congratulations on the great job, the attention and feedback given to all users of the Blade.

Guest tyrol_gangster

please, is there a setting somewhere to mute incoming call by turning the phone upside down (this used to be the case in all ROMs I've used previously)?

nobody?

Guest thebarman

@Konstat

Hello there, big fan of your work, I use your ROM almost since day 1.

Two minor bugs I would like to report if you wouldn't mind.

When you reboot you lose keyboard default settings, I have SwiftKey and I have to enable it everytime i reboot.

The other one is about the speaker when on call, the volume is very low.

Keep up the good work ;)

Guest thewild

Back from my media scanner problem.

Erasing all my sd card and putting back only music folder worked. I then tried to copy all the content of my sd card back and the problem happened again, so I guess there is a file/folder somewhere that the JB media scanner doesn't like and on which it halts. I had nothing really usefull anyway, so I just kept my clockworkmod folder and my music/ringtones/notifications. It works and I'm happy with it ! :)

Guest pritect

@Konstat

Hello there, big fan of your work, I use your ROM almost since day 1.

Two minor bugs I would like to report if you wouldn't mind.

When you reboot you lose keyboard default settings, I have SwiftKey and I have to enable it everytime i reboot.

The other one is about the speaker when on call, the volume is very low.

Keep up the good work

Posted about this a couple of pages ago, the issue is caused by JB sources. Workaround is to take a backup of swiftkey with Titanium Backup, uninstall swiftkey and then restore the backup

Guest jimwormold

Hi all,

Just a quick question - is there a way of dismissing/hiding the default Android keyboard? This is a useful feature in swiftkey when the keyboard is overlaying/obstructing a button, preventing the user from pressing it.

I'm sure there will be a shortcut for it - I can't find it though!

Jim

Guest jpeg729

Hi all,

Just a quick question - is there a way of dismissing/hiding the default Android keyboard? This is a useful feature in swiftkey when the keyboard is overlaying/obstructing a button, preventing the user from pressing it.

I'm sure there will be a shortcut for it - I can't find it though!

Jim

The back button does the job. You'd have to press it twice to quit the screen you were entering data on.

Guest sej7278

Anyone managed to v6supercharge this rom? I'm stuck at the services.jar thingy..

Also, is SwiftKey 3 lagging for only me?

supercharge is bullshit. swiftkey3 i can't get to "stick" after a reboot so ditched it, the aosp keyboard is not far behind these days (just wish there was a capslock).

Guest brokebloke

supercharge is bullshit. swiftkey3 i can't get to "stick" after a reboot so ditched it, the aosp keyboard is not far behind these days (just wish there was a capslock).

Double tapping the shift key works the capslock for me !!

Guest gerhardo

Swiftkey 3 works fine for me, without any workarounds.

One possible explanation: This will happen if you have moved SwiftKey to the SD Card.

Guest sej7278

Double tapping the shift key works the capslock for me !!

yes for swiftkey3, but not for the default keyboard.

Swiftkey 3 works fine for me, without any workarounds.

One possible explanation: This will happen if you have moved SwiftKey to the SD Card.

yes i'm using s2e but swiftkey3 seems to be installed in /data/app-sec or whatever its called, which isn't on sd-ext

Guest pritect

Posted about this a couple of pages ago, the issue is caused by JB sources. Workaround is to take a backup of swiftkey with Titanium Backup, uninstall swiftkey and then restore the backup

sej, backup swiftkey with titanium backup, uninstall and then restore with titanium backup. Then it will "stick" after a reboot

Guest jimwormold

Confirm this, gotta be super fast at double-tapping for it to work.

Confirmed here also.

OMG! The things you learn. Definitely no need for swiftkey now!

Guest huibuhh

@KonstaT

I think I've found the fix to get camcorder to get to ICS level. I'm investigating ATM.

Camera already works. We are talking about camcorder.

Current status:

ICS: 640x480, ~10fps, h263, Qualcomm OMX hardware encoder

JB: 320x240, ~1fps, h264, Google OMX software encoder

Yeah I mean using qcom's encoder.

I am curious: Is the fallback to ICS encoder a real possible option or more or less a figment?

Guest sej7278

Yes it does but you have to doubletap the shiftkey fast

well i never! swiftkey3 is out the door now then, another 38mb saved!

sej, backup swiftkey with titanium backup, uninstall and then restore with titanium backup. Then it will "stick" after a reboot

i don't like titanium, and i'd rather swiftkey actually fixed it than doing a hack like that, since ics all they've done is provide a new theme, no wonder they're having to knock it out at 99c these days.

Guest pritect

well i never! swiftkey3 is out the door now then, another 38mb saved!

i don't like titanium, and i'd rather swiftkey actually fixed it than doing a hack like that, since ics all they've done is provide a new theme, no wonder they're having to knock it out at 99c these days.

As far as I inderstand problem is caused by a bug in JB sources, same issue appears to many paid apps in JB. They installs in the wrong place. I think google has solved the problem but not released the code yet

Guest Snap.IT

As far as I inderstand problem is caused by a bug in JB sources, same issue appears to many paid apps in JB. They installs in the wrong place. I think google has solved the problem but not released the code yet

Where are you getting this information from?