[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Thanks Konsta

I had CM7 and it worked in that. I skipped CM9 and came straight here...

Thanks also to sedge7278, ddudas and Moonvalley11; the lockscreen shortcuts issue was caused by the direct dial shortcuts not working. Nice tip...

I found this http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=991276 on XDA re V6 Supercharger. I suspect the colours are very clear to a programmer. To someone like me... less so. Can anyone explain it simply please?

I don't recommend the V6 supercharger. I've used tried an earlier version of it on ICS but it is a complete mess of bullsh*t. The installer and the whole page on XDA seems like a joke. If someone detects speed-up or any improvements, then it is placebo... This is just my opinion, feel free to use it if you want :-)

Edited by ddudas

Guest android@sam

@KonstaT As you mentioned in the changelog of latest build, zRAM support was added.But strange!!It's already included in 10.10 update which currently i am using.

Guest reedo_17

This has probably been asks many times but if im on the 10.10 rom do i need to do a factory reset for the new one? Sorry for asking again if already asked

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaT As you mentioned in the changelog of latest build, zRAM support was added.But strange!!It's already included in 10.10 update which currently i am using.

It wasn't working before. You can now see the amount of compcache/zram on swap column when you do 'free' in terminal.

the gallery force close when the system start, someone have the same problem?

Yeah, appears to do so on clean install. Thanks for pointing that out. :) I should probably test this stuff with full wipe... :P

It's little something with my bundling lecagycamera to gallery. I just left one non-existing receiver to manifest. Nothing too serious, it will only force-close once on boot and doesn't cause any other issues. I have it fixed already.

Cool Nice update konstaT, so no progress on FM Radio experiment?

No, haven't even looked into it since.

Guest Moonvalley11
I don't recommend the V6 supercharger. I've used tried an earlier version of it on ICS but it is a complete mess of bullsh*t. The installer and the whole page on XDA seems like a joke. If someone detects speed-up or any improvements, then it is placebo... This is just my opinion, feel free to use it if you want :-)

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean its bullshit. <_< A developer has put a lot of effort and time into making this, at least respect that. And it does work, I've used for over 6 months, and i know the difference it makes. Try using the latest version and see for yourself :)

Joke I'm not getting, or serious ?

If serious what is v6 supercharger and where do I find it ?

No, its not a joke :P Its a script that basically makes your phone better at multitasking, and makes better use of the RAM. One of the main features is that it locks the home app in memory. that is, it'll always be available when you press the home button to go back to the home launcher, no redrawing it again, saves a lot of time and reduces lag. Especially useful in devices with limited RAM. Scroll down to see the exact steps.

I found this http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=991276 on XDA re V6 Supercharger.

I suspect the colours are very clear to a programmer. To someone like me... less so. Can anyone explain it simply please?

Agreed, the post looks very complicated, that's because the dev has provided many alternatives to supercharge your phone via the v6 supercharger. I'm gonna list out the steps I followed to get my phone supercharged. Don't be intimidated if you don't understand the original post, just try getting a basic idea before you start. :)

Read the original thread on XDA here.

Original thread for the windows patcher tool.

Note 1:- All the credit for this script and the tutorial goes to zepplinrox. The windows patcher tool was made by pepcisko You guys are awesome \m/

Note 2:- There are different ways to getting this working, but I've listed out only the steps which I followed. Also, this is for ZTE Blades running KonstaT's JB rom (Doesnt matter which version). I dont know if these steps would work on any other rom or device as well.

Now off to supercharge your phone :D:

Step 1: Take a nandroid backup (optional, but don't blame me later if anything goes wrong, which won't if you follow these instructions :D )

Step 2: Download and install Script manager from playstore.

Step 3: Download the latest version of the v6 supercharger script from here. Don't worry about the PDF extensions. Also, the newest files are listed at the bottom, so make sure you have the latest ones. I used Update_9_RC11_Test_6.

Step 4: Place the v6 supercharger script file in the SD card of your device.

Step 5: Start up smanager and give it root access, (checkmark browse as root). Browse to where you saved the script file and select it, in the pop-up window, on the top-left, click to selct "Su" Its the green skull n bones.

Then click on run

Step 6: v6supercharger will run you through what it's going to do before it does so. And you have the option to exit at any time. You can customize what you want. If by any chance you are missing the busybox, install it from the playstore.

Step 7: Choose RockHard Kernel when the script prompts for a kernel strength.

Step 8: This is important, DO NOT SET ANYTHING TO RUN AT BOOT. (zipalign, fix emission etc) Just press N when it asks whether you want to set anything at boot.

Step 9: When the script shows the calculated minfree values, confirm to set it as the new values.

Step 10: When the script goes to the ICS Service center and tells you that in JB, the services.jar has to be patched manually, exit( by pressing X).

Your phone is 50% supercharged at this point, the other 50% is achieved by patching the services.jar file in your phone. There was a webapp earlier where you could just upload your services.jar file and it patched and returned it to you, but that's not possible witht JB roms, so we're gonna use the Windows patcher tool to do the same thing.

Step 11: Download the Windows Patcher tool here.(Also called the JellySCream patcher)

Step 12: Unzip the file into a separate folder.

Step 13: Use a file explorer which can browse upto root like ES explorer, root explorer etc. ( I use ES explorer. In the settings, go to root settings and check all the options)

Step 14: Browse to system/framework and copy the services.jar file from there to your SD card.

Step 15: Connect your phone in the mass storage mode and move this services.jar file to the folder named 'framework', inside the recently unzipped Windows Patcher tool folder on your PC.

Step 16: Run the Windows Patcher tool. When it asks for the android version, select 4 ( above 4.x), choose 'deodexed'. when it asks for the launcher strength, select "Bulletproof" ( you may or may not want to try out the multitasking mod, your call)

Step 17: Rest is pretty simple, when you are done with the tool, it'll have a new patched services.jar in the 'dist' folder. There will also be a flashable version of it called 'update-signed.zip' in the same folder, but don't try that, its got some issues with CWM 6, so it doesnt work, yet.

Step 18: Copy this new services.jar back into your system/framework and replace the old one.

Step 19: Start up the Terminal emulater, go into superuser mode (type su>Enter)

type:

cd system/framework <Enter>

chown 0.0 services.jar <Enter>

chmod 644 services.jar <Enter>

Step 20: Reboot into recovery, wipe dalvik cache and reboot. And You are done :D

Run v6 supercharger once again to check if your device is 100% supercharged or not.

Optional (but recommended) step:

Run supercharger script, and select any one of the 512 HP settings for the minfrees. I use the Balanced settings {8,14,55,70,85,100} :) (Option 6 /33)

IMPORTANT:-

Everytime you update your ROM, the services.jar file gets replaced by a new one, so everytime you upgrade from one build of KonstaT's JB rom to another, repeat Steps 14 to 20.

I know it takes some time to get it up and running, but trust me its worth the wait :) :)

If this tutorial helped you, vote this post up :P

Any difficulties, let me know ^_^

Edited by Moonvalley11

Guest Moonvalley11

This has probably been asks many times but if im on the 10.10 rom do i need to do a factory reset for the new one? Sorry for asking again if already asked

No you don't need to do a factory reset. If you do so, you'll lose your apps.

Just wipe the cache, dalvik cache and install the new update package.

Guest Snap.IT

No you don't need to do a factory reset. If you do so, you'll lose your apps.

Just wipe the cache, dalvik cache and install the new update package.

There is no need to wipe anything at all.

Guest Snap.IT

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean its bullshit. <_< A developer has put a lot of effort and time into making this, at least respect that. And it does work, I've used for over 6 months, and i know the difference it makes. Try using the latest version and see for yourself :)

I understand the script just fine and i agree with him, it's not worth the hassle.

Whenever someone using and praising it i get a flashback from talking to gentoo users. The users will claim it's "optimized their system" and they can FEEL the effects of how very extremely optimizeded it is but in the real world it's mostly placebo and not worth the problems and time. :D

One thing i can say though is that if you are using this script then never complain to the devs about something breaking in your ROM without removing the script and seeing if that fixes it first.

Guest Moonvalley11

I understand the script just fine and i agree with him, it's not worth the hassle.

Whenever someone using and praising it i get a flashback from talking to gentoo users. The users will claim it's "optimized their system" and they can FEEL the effects of how very extremely optimizeded it is but in the real world it's mostly placebo and not worth the problems and time. :D

One thing i can say though is that if you are using this script then never complain to the devs about something breaking in your ROM without removing the script and seeing if that fixes it first.

I don't know how much it actually does to the device just by installing, but there are some subscripts I run from time to time for clearing RAM and locking particular apps in memory(guess they are just add-ons to the actual script) , and they work as expected. My knowledge of the internal working is extremely limited and I presume you have a better understanding of the script. I shared as much as I knew.

And no, I haven't FELT any optimizations :D

The only thing is the transition animations between diff homescreens and other activities is smoother, also, phone feels a bit more responsive after a run a RAM flush.

The other parts maybe placebos but hey, if it helps somebody sleep at night.. ;)

Yes, i know exactly what this script breaks and wouldn't whine about it later :P

No, its not a joke :P Its a script that basically makes your phone better at multitasking, and makes better use of the RAM. One of the main features is that it locks the home app in memory. that is, it'll always be available when you press the home button to go back to the home launcher, no redrawing it again, saves a lot of time and reduces lag. Especially useful in devices with limited RAM. Scroll down to see the exact steps.

I understand what it does and I was curious about the result of this huge effort and time when I tried it. You should read what you write:

- makes our 1 core arm v6 600 MHz CPU powered phone better at multitasking? NO!

- makes better use of the RAM? NO!

- locks the home app in memory? What about killable launchers?!

Do you think this script do all of these black magic? If yes then do is silently...

Guest Snap.IT

I don't know how much it actually does to the device just by installing, but there are some subscripts I run from time to time for clearing RAM and locking particular apps in memory(guess they are just add-ons to the actual script) , and they work as expected. My knowledge of the internal working is extremely limited and I presume you have a better understanding of the script. I shared as much as I knew.

And no, I haven't FELT any optimizations :D

The only thing is the transition animations between diff homescreens and other activities is smoother, also, phone feels a bit more responsive after a run a RAM flush.

The other parts maybe placebos but hey, if it helps somebody sleep at night.. ;)

Yes, i know exactly what this script breaks and wouldn't whine about it later :P

Transition animations and other things like that rely on hardware drawing, this script doesn't in any way affect that so i'd say it's placebo.

Regarding clearing memory and such, there is no need, the system will free up memory as needed and the only thing emptying caches does is slow down your system.

I suppose locking home in memory is a good thing if you always return to home, personally i just switch between apps via the recent menu and then i want the apps to be active and not unloaded because home required the memory but to each his own, i can see why someone would like that.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't use it if you like it, i'm just saying that in my opinion it's not worth the hassle. :)

Guest Moonvalley11

I understand what it does and I was curious about the result of this huge effort and time when I tried it. You should read what you write:

- makes our 1 core arm v6 600 MHz CPU powered phone better at multitasking? NO!

- makes better use of the RAM? NO!

- locks the home app in memory? What about killable launchers?!

Do you think this script do all of these black magic? If yes then do is silently...

I have seen some improvements after installing this script, for eg, if I'm using an app and then use the recent apps switcher to switch to another app, stay there for about 10 mins and return back, the previous app resumes from the same point. Without this script, the previous app used to be killed and had to be loaded again. That's multitasking better enough for me :D

I've used many task-killers and i feel that the RAM flush from this script works better than the task-killers did. Personal opinion, you dont have to agree :)

Yes it locks the launcher in memory, and also disables the 'pressing back-button to kill' for the home launcher.

Transition animations and other things like that rely on hardware drawing, this script doesn't in any way affect that so i'd say it's placebo.

Regarding clearing memory and such, there is no need, the system will free up memory as needed and the only thing emptying caches does is slow down your system.

I suppose locking home in memory is a good thing if you always return to home, personally i just switch between apps via the recent menu and then i want the apps to be active and not unloaded because home required the memory but to each his own, i can see why someone would like that.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't use it if you like it, i'm just saying that in my opinion it's not worth the hassle. :)

Yeah I return to my homescreen a lot :) and once i figured out how to do it, it wasn't a hassle anymore, now I take about 5 mins to install it on a new ROM :P

Guest fixedwheel

Thanks for this great rom, I really love it.

I only have one problem: I can't get it managed to play any notifications sounds when emails or textmessages arive.

Ringtone- and alarmclock-sounds works fine, i can change the sounds and it really play that sound i have seted. I can also set different for the notification, but my phone only vibrates when some message arive.

Anyone out there have the same problem? I really don't know where's the problem. I'm on build 16.10, but i have this since august.

Guest Snap.IT

Thanks for this great rom, I really love it.

I only have one problem: I can't get it managed to play any notifications sounds when emails or textmessages arive.

Ringtone- and alarmclock-sounds works fine, i can change the sounds and it really play that sound i have seted. I can also set different for the notification, but my phone only vibrates when some message arive.

Anyone out there have the same problem? I really don't know where's the problem. I'm on build 16.10, but i have this since august.

Yeah, it's a problem in JB roms, same thing in PA-JB (i thought it was fixed now but apparently not).

Here's how you solve it: Go to settings-sound-volume check the box to link notifications and ringtone volumes. It should work after that.