[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Yeah, I already included it in the instructions in the second post earlier today. ;)

That's the ugly one that disables the whole block of code. Mine is less dirty and fixes the bug.

I have a feeling the code was intended to be written that way I patched it but devs somehow messed it.

Because when you look at the catch block you can see the StringOutOfBoundsException catching there but

the string operation that can cause this exception (substring) is placed outside the try block.

So I initialized mcc to be "000" since if you look further down the code mcc is also being tested for this value later. And

moved the substring operation inside the try block.

Guest tilal6991

That's the ugly one that disables the whole block of code. Mine is less dirty and fixes the bug.

I have a feeling the code was intended to be written that way I patched it but devs somehow messed it.

Because when you look at the catch block you can see the StringOutOfBoundsException catching there but

the string operation that can cause this exception (substring) is placed outside the try block.

So I initialized mcc to be "000" since if you look further down the code mcc is also being tested for this value later. And

You should submit it to CM gerrit and AOSP review system.

Guest tilal6991

You should submit it to CM gerrit and AOSP review system.

Guest sej7278

Someone could take a look at this?. When I go to compile, gives me this error.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=mHerB3NV

Maybe this happens, not to apply the patches?, I'm not sure how and in what directory to put them (if that's the cause). With CM9 I have no problem.

in the bionic/libc/private/bionic_atomic_arm.h file above line 138 that says #ifdef __ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX add the line:

#undef __ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX
so you end up with:

#ifdef __ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX

__ATOMIC_INLINE__ int

__bionic_cmpxchg(int32_t old_value, int32_t new_value, volatile int32_t* ptr)

[/code]

Edited by sej7278

Guest Loren82

in the bionic/libc/private/bionic_atomic_arm.h file above line 138 that says #ifdef __ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX add the line:

so you end up with:

#ifdef __ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX

__ATOMIC_INLINE__ int

__bionic_cmpxchg(int32_t old_value, int32_t new_value, volatile int32_t* ptr)

[/code]

Sej thank you very much, missing the line "# undef __ ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX" now seems to be built without problems :D

Guest KonstaT

Konstat I asked you earlier but I think you didn't see. Is there any hope for working camera on JB?

Yes, there's hope until someone proves that it will never work. :P

It's currently at point where it display the first preview screen before crashing. Nothing too unusual in the logs so I don't know what to do with it. Cameras are usually among the last things that gets added.

Someone could take a look at this?. When I go to compile, gives me this error.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=mHerB3NV

Maybe this happens, not to apply the patches?, I'm not sure how and in what directory to put them (if that's the cause). With CM9 I have no problem.

Yeah, that's why there are patches in the second post. ;) (updated now btw)

Is it possible to include SoftKeys like the one in CFX from Tilal ?

You probably meant is there going to be softkeys like in my CM9 KANG. Yes, I added an option to display navigation bar.

Yeah, I agree that yours is cleaner. They were both in the second post divided with "or". I also wanted to keep the patch that was used to compile the ROM.

Guest tilal6991

Understood ;) Thanks for explanation. I submitted it to gerrit so I'm curious how "big bosses" will be "happy" about it :D

No worries - as you said I think that's how it's meant to be - it's badly written code. I'm sure Steve or Ricardo will merge it.

Guest KonstaT

New build up. Not much new on our device side and no news on hardware acceleration. It also seems that burstlam has reverted some of the hacks he previously had (hard to tell without having all of the sources :P). There's been a lot of progression on CM10 upstream and I even added few features I had in my CM9 KANG.

cm-10-20120723-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...n251g71wib5pe9r

md5:8bead6718e6f774f8dff8b0020e79089

upstream CM10 changes:

-notification power widget

-more of the CM settings actually work

-charging LED works again

-center clock (1,2)

-much more...

my changes:

-option to display navigation bar (Settings -> System -> Show navigation bar)

-link to this forum page (Settings -> About device -> KonstaKANG)

-option to disable boot animation (Settings -> Performance -> Disable boot animation)

Guest KonstaT

Sorry to be so upset, but, the patch addresses http://review.cyanogenmod.com, how and where to apply?, I downloaded one using "git clone" and it has created a folder called "refs" :wacko:

cd into the directory that you want to apply the patch (e.g. frameworks/base). Click the cherry-pick tab in gerrit and copy the text below to your terminal window and apply. (e.g. "git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base refs/changes/84/19984/1 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD").

Guest ElrOnDPT

New build up. Not much new on our device side and no news on hardware acceleration. It also seems that burstlam has reverted some of the hacks he previously had (hard to tell without having all of the sources :P). There's been a lot of progression on CM10 upstream and I even added few features I had in my CM9 KANG.

upstream CM10 changes:

-center clock (1,2)

-much more...

my changes:

-option to display navigation bar (Settings -> System -> Show navigation bar)

-link to this forum page (Settings -> About device -> KonstaKANG)

-option to disable boot animation (Settings -> Performance -> Disable boot animation)

Great work KonstaT ! :)

For those of you testing builds from 23/22 July, how do you rate UI smoothness/speed comparing to the KonstaT's previous ICS rom?

I'll try to flash today's build to try it myself and give feedback today, depending on the time I arrive home =P

Cheers and Keep up the good work :)

Guest ElrOnDPT

Is this good for daily use. Won't bother to waste my time in installing if not. :blink:

"Bother to waste time"?...

There are people such as Konsta and Tilal who "waste" their time so that people like you and me can "waste" our time flashing updated software on our devices...for free!

And you come here saying that you "won't bother to waste my time in installing" if it isn't perfect?

Why "waste" your time even coming here? I'm sure your phone runs fine with the stock rom ;)

Guest shezar

Konsta, what can I do when git apply tells me that the patches don't apply? I made a build today, I thought I applied all your patches but phone crashed continuously. Turned out, the patches from the 2nd post don't apply.

Never mind, I'm stupid.

Edited by shezar

Guest bhush

upstream CM10 changes:

-center clock (1,2)

-much more...

Great work

Is video decoding-fix added in this update?

​Thanks KonstaT for your valuable work.

Guest Rattonboy

Great work

Is video decoding-fix added in this update?

​Thanks KonstaT for your valuable work.

I flashed the latest today and i can confirm it is and it works as expected.

Guest Rattonboy

"Bother to waste time"?...

There are people such as Konsta and Tilal who "waste" their time so that people like you and me can "waste" our time flashing updated software on our devices...for free!

And you come here saying that you "won't bother to waste my time in installing" if it isn't perfect?

Why "waste" your time even coming here? I'm sure your phone runs fine with the stock rom wink.png

well said, though i use this ROM for daily use it doesn't crash and all i do on it is listen to music, browse and call.

Guest ElrOnDPT

well said, though i use this ROM for daily use it doesn't crash and all i do on it is listen to music, browse and call.

Do you find it faster than the previous ICS roms?

PS: Há muitos tugas por aqui =P

Guest liamdunn

I have to congratulate on the great work guys even for an alpha build it works nice

Edited by liamdunn