[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

New build. Some actual improvements for a change. ;)

cm-10-20121116-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?loh9azwswejn7uc

md5:1f8a8c81372dc873ccf54e7dc6b8c896

-got rid off nasty CTS breaking hacks

-fixed camcorder to ICS standards (uses hardware encoder, videos can be viewed via gallery)

-switched to jellybean camera app (preview and panorama are still a bit flaky, might have to change back to legacycamera later)

Guest KonstaT

Hey KonstaT, Looks like a way of enabling native USB tethering has been discovered: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1879660 (specifically post 17).

Any chance of reviewing this to see if it's possible in your ROM? USB tethering may not be top on everyones list, but would be a good to have, epecially for those that cant use wireless tethering...

Different device, completely different issue.

Usb tethering throws null pointer in some unknown place on our device most likely because our device doesn't populate /sys/class/net/usb0/ or because usb0 interface isn't brought up/down as rndis mode changes.

Hey guys I have partision of 1 GB with swap size of 128mb.. I use lot of apps if I'm using cm ROM... I had one question since this ROM support z ram comapche how much value shall I put for best performance.. extending my swap size is no bar for me. Once I had put 50 % but did not find any difference..

I'm not even sure if you can use both swap and zRAM at the same time. Do you have some kind of script to enable swap?

You'll see some information if you execute 'free' and 'cat /proc/swaps' in terminal.

-fixed camcorder to ICS standards (uses hardware encoder, videos can be viewed via gallery)

-switched to jellybean camera app (preview and panorama are still a bit flaky, might have to change back to legacycamera later)

What resolution and framerate can we record at with this?

Guest antonioj07

Just a quick question: i started using this ROM with the version before this laste one...what to i have to do to update? I mean, can i just flash it over the last one? Do i need to flash gaaps again after (i already have some 4.2 apps installed, like gmail and clock)?

Guest jventura

Hi Konsta, are these changes in the device/zte or kernel, or are there any patches for these changes? Good work.. :)

Edit: I've synced with your github and saw changes in proprietary and device/zte.. Going to compile and check them out!

Edited by jventura

Wow, great! Camcorder was the main thing I was missing in the JB ROM.

Thanks for your work!

Guest huibuhh

cm-10-20121116-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...loh9azwswejn7uc

md5:1f8a8c81372dc873ccf54e7dc6b8c896

-got rid off nasty CTS breaking hacks

Wow, great! Camcorder was the main thing I was missing in the JB ROM.

Thanks for your work!

Goes for me, too. This seems just awesome!

Guest Fikoblin

Hi, KonstanT.

Great work with CM10, but in new version, preview in camcorder and panorama have visible errors (something like tv noise, floating bars, i don't know how describe it), its almost no usable. It records nice (like previously, little choppy in action). When i change Time-lapse interval, i have error that process Gallery stops. Then i can't run camera app, couse it close. I have to delete data app in Titanium Backup to run camera again. Panorama didn't work at all (preview have error like camcorder, but didn't make photos). Preview in gallery works fine, and play videos too

I have RBM One (model Zte Blade with 5mpix)

Sorry for my bad english.

PS. Could you include 4.2 Clock app? It kickass :)

Edited by Fikoblin

Guest KonstaT

What resolution and framerate can we record at with this?

h263, 640x480, ~10fps

Just a quick question: i started using this ROM with the version before this laste one...what to i have to do to update? I mean, can i just flash it over the last one? Do i need to flash gaaps again after (i already have some 4.2 apps installed, like gmail and clock)?

No need to wipe or re-install gapps. If you've installed some other apps to your system partition you probably have to install those again.

Hi Konsta, are these changes in the device/zte or kernel, or are there any patches for these changes? Good work.. :)

Edit: I've synced with your github and saw changes in proprietary and device/zte.. Going to compile and check them out!

Everything is somewhere in my github. There's now four patches in the second post of this thread that I'm pointing out (the most important one is also at gerrit). Also quite a few of the old patches are now unnecessary.

Hi, KonstanT.

Great work with CM10, but in new version, preview in camcorder and panorama have visible errors (something like tv noise, floating bars, i don't know how describe it), its almost no usable. ...

PS. Could you include 4.2 Clock app? It kickass :)

Yes, I know. I even wrote about it... You can use third party camera apps if it bothers you too much (e.g. Camera ICS from market). I might include legacycamera (that we previously had) in the future. This was just to point out that the regular jellybean camera app 'works'.

I'm not going to include any 4.2 apps (unless their code is merged into CM10). You have to flash those separately.

The camera preview bugs are because of drivers? or because of armv6? or something else?

And, do you think that it will be ever possible to port the unofficial OMX to CM10? :)

Guest jonmac73

Yes, I know. I even wrote about it... You can use third party camera apps if it bothers you too much (e.g. Camera ICS from market). I might include legacycamera (that we previously had) in the future. This was just to point out that the regular jellybean camera app 'works'.

Is there a source to d/l legacycamera from, or can it be posted on first page ? Or other proven recommendations (I had Camera ICS before on GB ROM and kept getting FC's - maybe down to GB not sure).

Guest huibuhh

Gave todays Rom a try:

- as KonstaT said, preview of camcorder and panorama with lots of artefacts. Videos taken are actually flawless. Mic seems pretty sensitive however, as the videos have noises i did not hear when taking them. Framerate of preview seemed high. Apart from artefacts it was pretty smooth.

- Panorama pictures also show artefacts and when moving too fast aren't built correctly.

- watched one Youtube HQ video. Played smooth most of the time but when bitrate was high showed some stuttering. Not important for me, though.

- some spontaneous reboots while in android settings.

All in all a very promising step :) . Would be so sweet to have these aspects of CM10 on the level of CM9.

Edited by huibuhh

Amazing work KonstaT!!.

This ROM works on my Idea ZTE Blade (256 MB RAM) also. Slight Lag, but it's fine. I am using Memory optimizations provided in ROM by KonstaT like ZRAM etc along with 128 MB of SWAP partition. Everything seems to be working.

Even Yutube HQ video is working great.

Nice job KonstaT. Thanks a lot for giving me JB experiance on 256 MB RAM Idea ZTE Blade.

1. Only issue so far faced (which was there in ICS CM9 ROM also) is Stock browser is not able to display some of the URLs like --> http://www.nseindia.com/live_market/dynaContent/live_watch/equities_stock_watch.htm?cat=N. Not sure what the reason is. Browser go on trying to display URL contents but nothing comes on screen, just a white screen everytime. But browser is in a loop to refresh the URL. Same thing happens with Dolphin browser, but Opera Mini is able to display this URL withing few seconds. What could be the problem? Any solution for this browser issue other than using Opera Mini?

2. Other than this, only missing functionality is now FM radio app to make it fully functional JB ROM, as no external FM Radio App is available.

Once again hats off to KonstaT for his efforts.

Edited by anantk

Hi!

I have a digitizer replaced Blade, because digitizer broken.

My digitizer information is :

name :FocalTech

i2c addresss :0x3e

IC type :FT5X06

moudule:FocalTech :FT5X06

I want to try this ROM,but my touchscreen isn't responsive. How can I make to work? In kernel focaltech digitizer is supported?

Ok, I thought so before the guy before me said so, but I think we're closer to getting it (that doesn't mean we'll ever get it but still it seems so, wich is nice)

Guest Hirsch2k

I´m having some weird issues with my home button. I changed back from burstlams aokp to your ROM with full wipe but since then the home button doesn´t work any more in Android System. In CWM it still works so no hardware issue. Any ideas on this? Did I miss a setting?

With the newest build (16.11) I can watch HQ videos on youtube smoothly, sometimes the bitrate changes so it freezes for 500ms and goes back smooth again, great work KonstaT :)

Guest huibuhh

Great work tilal.

Btw, when the zoom fix comes?

Fotos with zoom appear without zoom after capture.

Keep the great work.

This has already been an issue under CM7. Don't know enough about it to say why it isn't 'fixed' but as far as I know the blade's zoom is done in software so it should be the same result as zooming in with an picture editing program of your choice..

Regarding Youtube HQ: As said, pretty smooth most of the time but not completley lagless from my experience. Just a guess that it has to do with bitrate.

btw: It is KonstaT to whom you should give credit.

Edited by huibuhh

Guest tilal6991

This has already been an issue under CM7. Don't know enough about it to say why it isn't 'fixed' but as far as I know the blade's zoom is done in software so it should be the same result as zooming in with an picture editing program of your choice..

Regarding Youtube HQ: As said, pretty smooth most of the time but not completley lagless from my experience. Just a guess that it has to do with bitrate.

btw: It is KonstaT to whom you should give credit.

Absolutely.

KonstaT:

Your work has been invaluble in keeping this architecture alive. And for that I give my thanks.

Guest raizor6th

We are almost done in JB after the latest release with massive fix and this is HISTORY for a two year old blade. So once again credits to konstaT and the rest of his fellow devs.