• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Overclock Kernel ICS??

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello guys, I wanted ask one question. is possible development a kernel overclock ics? Thank you!

Posted

It is possible, but probably not a high priority. As things stand, this device is unlikely to receive much attention from capable community developers until Huawei release an official, complete 4.x ROM and kernel sources. Even then, the G300 is pretty speedy without overclocking.

Posted (edited)

Kernel source for ICS is already released http://www.modaco.co...nel-kernel-308/

Edited by Hogweed

Posted

Kernel source for ICS is already released http://www.modaco.co...nel-kernel-308/

Aye, for the 'demo' ROM, but it could change before official release.

Posted

Now, you could create a temporary kernel that supports overclocking?

Posted

Now, you could create a temporary kernel that supports overclocking?

royal-blue-moon-on-a-stick-dark-background-t-shirts_design.png

Posted

Saw something interesting today... gave antutu a try and when i compared scores i saw 2 u8815 with overclocked speeds. they were both from NL. how can we get our hands on that kernel?

Posted

What were the speeds?

It's possible it was me testing and geolocation failed hard. I don't think anyone else is playing with the G300 kernel really.

Posted

My Google Fu didn`t turn up anything so i guess it may have been you after all dazz.

Posted

1228mhz(3409) and 1305mhz(3542) both are on ics 4.0.3

Posted

Haha, those scores were both mine :rolleyes: posted yesterday to AnTuTu server. Kernel will follow. Works very stable. Give me some time, I'll upload it later!

Posted (edited)

Sneeky bugger!

I take it it`ll run on either 926/927/934? Looking at the clockspeed vs score,seems 1200mhz looks about the best balance?

Edited by anything-but

Posted

Tested on B927, but it should work on other 3.0.8 releases as well

Posted

finaly!!!! can't wait to play with my clock. :D

Posted

Oh, so there is someone else playing with the kernel! I'm mostly just preparing it for CM10.

https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_kernel_huawei_u8818

That's what I have, no stable overclocking yet. What have you managed?

Posted

thought u gave up omegamoon. What kernel version you working with? Was it that one you were building from source?

Posted

I've basically redone the work that qiwu did on the 2.6 one on the 3.0 one myself, I don't think omegamoon has GitHub...

Posted

1.2ghz would be awesome

Posted

Sorry Daz, was asking omegamoon, if you remember ,he was working on a 3. kernel when we only had gingerbread and he was having trouble so was going to build it from source

Posted

remember

Posted

Yeah I know what he was doing.

What does building from source have to do with having kernel trouble? You can only build them from source.

It'll definitely handle 1.2 GHz.

Posted

wasn't he doing a kernel port from another phone then started from scratch

Posted

Probably, though we have Huawei's now which seems to be completely fine with a few changes.

All we really need is great 7x27A overclocking. The GT-S7500's seems a bit broken if you ask me.

Posted

No kernel yet? Itchy fingers flashy flashy. :-D