Display quality

Guest belmet

Guest belmet

Has anyone else noticed any 'dead' or 'stuck' pixels on their display? I have now found 3 on mine which is up from the one I noticed when it was new. I know that dead pixels used to be common on lcds and for the price Huawei must be cutting corners but how many is too many for a device this class? I do not really notice them unless the screen is showing dark colours so it's not a big deal but their presence is a bit worrying given that they are multiplying.

Guest Davidoff59

can't say I noticed any. My SD card slot may be playing up though, considering I hardly use the slot itself,its install SD card and forget. Keep getting SD card unmounted unexpectedly.

Guest kyan31

Well replace your phone before it gets worse. I don't think anyone is experiencing these problems with their G300's. Not with mine anyway.

Guest kyan31

There is an app on the play store called 'Dead pixel detect and fix'. This might be able to actually repair your dead pixels. Try it out, but it might not work. I have never tried it so don't blame me if it doesn't work or whatever.

Here's the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.htc.chris.blackspotdetect&hl=en&referrer=utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_term=dead+pixel+fix+play+store

Edited by kyan31

Guest Sonny Atwal

i have 2 G300's (me and the wife), and neither of us have dead pixels. so i can

assure you dead pixels are not common on this device as both of them were bought separately a few weeks apart.

Guest belmet

Ok thanks for the info guys. I will try my best to get photos but the pixels are so damn small my crappy digital camera won't pick them up.