[GUIDE] CWM Recovery Solution-Idea/Chinese (V880) Blade

Guest Shiv Prajapati

Guest Shiv Prajapati

Hello Mates,

Here I am posting the Way, Methods and Files to get rid of the problem raised with the latest recovery 5.0.2.0 in Idea Blades. I have found the way to solve it out through this thread on XDA thanks to Tetora.

The error will somehow as pasted below when You boot into recovery:

E:failed to find "cache" partition to mount at "/cache"

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

E:Can't find misc

Due to this error one can not do anything in recovery like backup, restore,wiping,flashing roms , etc. and which is very annoying. This happens because the CWM reject or failed to identify the root access of the device.

Even I have a headache on my birthday due to the problem. I have followed that thread (post above) posted by tetora and shorten out the problem.

Now I can flash, backup, restore and can do anything with the recovery smile.gif

Through ADB

Attached is the file to flash via adb.. Please follow the steps given below (thanks to matt4321) :

The 'flash_image' is within the attached zip file! Use the file within the zip file, NOT the zip file itself

The 'recovery.img' is your chosen recovery file, get this off ClockworkMods website or if you have a copy use that. Then when flashing the recovery image where ever it says 'recovery.img' replace that with the name of the recovery file. following me?

Here's the instructions:

(make sure you're in the command prompt and have changed directory to where the adb file is)

adb push c:\flash_image /sdcard/

adb push c:\recovery.img /sdcard/

adb shell

su

mount -o remount, rw /system

cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin

cd /system/bin

chmod 777 flash_image

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

and then boot into recovery now everything should work perfectly.

A big thanks to tetora for finding the recovery image file and matt4321 for his commands smile.gif

Kindly download all the attached files from the thread posted over XDA because I am unable to upload the same here.. http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1713419