huawei ascend g330 on unwired with front facing camera

Guest wrtease

Guest wrtease

spotted on www.unwiredview

www.unwiredview.com/2012/07/10/huawei-ascend-g330-uncovered-its-a-dual-core-ics-midranger/

Huawei Ascend G330 uncovered, it’s a dual-core ICS midranger

45.png By Vlad Bobleanta on 10 Jul 12

The Ascend Y 200T isn’t the only new Huawei smartphone that recently got certified by the relevant Chinese authorities. In fact, it’s joined by the Ascend G330 (model number U8825D), which sounds like it may be the successor to the Ascend G300 that’s already available in some territories.

Spec-wise, few things have changed compared to the G300, but those that have are quite important. First off, the G330 has a 1 GHz dual-core processor. That’s one core more than its predecessor. Next up, the new device runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, as opposed to the older handset that’s still stuck on Android 2.3 Gingerbread (though an update to ICS is in the works).

http://www.unwiredvi...-ics-midranger/

The Huawei Ascend G330 also has a 4-inch 480×800 touchscreen, a 5 MP rear camera, a 0.3 MP front-facing camera, 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of built-in storage space, all the usual connectivity options, and a 1,500 mAh battery.

All in all not a huge update from the G300, but a welcome one nevertheless. The Huawei Ascend G330 has HSPA support, so it could be launched in China by China Unicom. There’s also another version of this smartphone in the works for CDMA networks such as China Telecom.

I would certainly take one off these if the price is good.

could be the new version is coming soon

and its dual core .

post-833729-0-89068200-1344259862_thumb.

post-833729-0-44702200-1344259901_thumb.

huawei ascend g330.txt

Edited by wrtease

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

I won't buy it. The last thing I have ever bought from any Android vendor that makes phones with a lot of crap on it without almost immediate updates to latest Android, is Huawei G300. My next Android will be a smartphone from Nexus family.

Guest dragpyre

spotted on www.unwiredview

www.unwiredview.com/2012/07/10/huawei-ascend-g330-uncovered-its-a-dual-core-ics-midranger/

Huawei Ascend G330 uncovered, it’s a dual-core ICS midranger

45.png By Vlad Bobleanta on 10 Jul 12

The Ascend Y 200T isn’t the only new Huawei smartphone that recently got certified by the relevant Chinese authorities. In fact, it’s joined by the Ascend G330 (model number U8825D), which sounds like it may be the successor to the Ascend G300 that’s already available in some territories.

Spec-wise, few things have changed compared to the G300, but those that have are quite important. First off, the G330 has a 1 GHz dual-core processor. That’s one core more than its predecessor. Next up, the new device runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, as opposed to the older handset that’s still stuck on Android 2.3 Gingerbread (though an update to ICS is in the works).

http://www.unwiredvi...-ics-midranger/

The Huawei Ascend G330 also has a 4-inch 480×800 touchscreen, a 5 MP rear camera, a 0.3 MP front-facing camera, 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of built-in storage space, all the usual connectivity options, and a 1,500 mAh battery.

All in all not a huge update from the G300, but a welcome one nevertheless. The Huawei Ascend G330 has HSPA support, so it could be launched in China by China Unicom. There’s also another version of this smartphone in the works for CDMA networks such as China Telecom.

I would certainly take one off these if the price is good.

could be the new version is coming soon

and its dual core .

So its trying to challenge the Xperia U? Because aside from a larger screen with a low resolution *vomits*, the specs are the same.

The Galaxy Ace II is a similar spec also.

If Huawei have any hope of shifting this, they'll need to;

A: Get started on Jelly Bean right away for it

B: Price point should be not much more than the G300 (£115-£125 maybe)

C: Not release it on Vodafone (maybe O2 or Tmobile/Orange)

There's my two British pennies.

Guest Peninsula

512MB RAM is too low - I find my G300 stuttering when I try to run some apps without first clearing RAM. The auto RAM freeing aspect of ICS just doesn't seem to work.

Also they should have upped the resolution - 480 x 800 is so 2011 :)

Guest MrPuddington
A: Get started on Jelly Bean right away for it

I hope that once an ICS kernel is released, it should not be difficult to "mod" Jelly Bean onto it. With Sony you do not get that opportunity.

Of course Nexus is the way to go, but it is also a lot more expensive.

Guest dragpyre

I hope that once an ICS kernel is released, it should not be difficult to "mod" Jelly Bean onto it. With Sony you do not get that opportunity.

Of course Nexus is the way to go, but it is also a lot more expensive.

We cannot assume that all Android owners are custom romming power users. We have to think of the average consumer.

Regarding Sony:

http://www.android.gs/update-xperia-play-gin2jellybean/

I thank you.