Proximity sensor help

Guest nsmacd1

bit more info: the sensor itself is working fine, this is caused by the front glass moving slightly in front of the sensor, or the "hole" being slightly misaligned on some phones, causing false reading of 0. the sensor in G300 only reads 0 or 9, unlike the one in Blade for example. not sure how to fix this without dismantling phone and trying to shim out the front glass or something.

Edited by Smiff2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cjcandrei

Hi,

Seems I have solved my proximity sensor problem that was similar to yours. Like some of you mine worked only from 9 to 0. I've observed that if I press a little bit harder on the screen in the area that the sensor is located it will function properly for 20s or so. So what I've done. Open the case, unscrew the eight screws and open the plastic body. I've inserted a piece of paper folded a couple of times between the power button and the plastic case so it will put some pressure on the area of the sensor. I've put it all together and voila. Now it works ok. I'll see if it lasts...

• 1 month later...
Guest nsmacd1

Hi,

Seems I have solved my proximity sensor problem that was similar to yours. Like some of you mine worked only from 9 to 0. I've observed that if I press a little bit harder on the screen in the area that the sensor is located it will function properly for 20s or so. So what I've done. Open the case, unscrew the eight screws and open the plastic body. I've inserted a piece of paper folded a couple of times between the power button and the plastic case so it will put some pressure on the area of the sensor. I've put it all together and voila. Now it works ok. I'll see if it lasts...

Any chance of a pic as to the location of the paper please, as I have tried in various locations around the power button and inside plastic cover and external plastic cover, but had had no luck yet.

Thanks!!

• 3 months later...
Guest RaoulTeeuwen

Thanks to this thread at least i have a work around for the black-screen-when-call-received problem of one of my kids G300's.

I downloaded Doms Diagnostic Tools and ran a single test of the proximity sensor. When 1st launched, the sensor reported something close nearby (hence the behaviour of turning the screen off). When i started 'massaging'/pressing the right top corner of the glass, i got other read outs. So i can instruct my teen she has to press that top corner to get the screen back and be able to end a call... I just also found where to config ICS to accept the power button to end a call: it's under accessiblity settings.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...