[KERNEL][Omegamoon][B926+][ICS]Overclock to max 1.3GHz (Updated 2012/08/24)

Guest omegamoon

Guest wso277

yes,i am on infusion....@omegamoon,i will get a log as soon as posible..

Dont have that problem, but i dont turn it on/off that much. I got llama set up to do this.

Guest Dazzozo

It's rare. If you don't toggle it much you might not hit it. I'm not sure what's happening myself because there's no test case where it happens 100% of the time.

Guest backside

could you please install this kernel and test if init.d support works?

Untested, but I guess you know your way around testing it :D

Hi,

"init.d" support ins't related to kernel. If you like to add support for it in a STOCK rom see:

Yep, at least every rom which uses the stock kernel anyway

oh well , re flash of infusion it is then

it was a bad flash for me lol

Edited by mack_

Guest timfimjim

Hi Omegamoon, just getting round to adding some zRAM to my g300 and got a question:

1. On your website you give instructions to add 100kb - isn't that 100mb?

2. I got stuck with the last line - turning the swap on. Screen shot attached.post-887706-0-02228000-1346401516_thumb.

3. For people who add zRAM but don't know if it's working, type 'busybox free' into terminal emulator and it'llshow you the status of the swap on the last line :)

Edited by timfimjim

could you please install this kernel and test if init.d support works?

Untested, but I guess you know your way around testing it :D

Sorry about the delay testing this out, holidays and all that. I've finally had chance to try it but the init.d doesn't seem to work for me. Has anyone else tested this?

Guest lucrece1973

As to init.d, create a directory e.g. /etc/init.d and add this line to the end of /etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh:

/system/etc/init.d/*

Works fine, just don't forget to set execute permission for your scripts.

zRAM seems not to work. mkswap returns short write error.

As to init.d, create a directory e.g. /etc/init.d and add this line to the end of /etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh:

/system/etc/init.d/*

Works fine, just don't forget to set execute permission for your scripts.

zRAM seems not to work. mkswap returns short write error.

Thanks for the info. I have used this type of method before on stock roms but it is nicer to have the kernel support for init.d as it saves having to manually do this mod each time I flash a new rom.

sp9nie.jpg

Omegamoon kernel - OC 1228Mhz (performance, sio), Infusion B03 ICS ROM, Chainfire3d - PowerVR plugin, charging

PNY SDHC card, class 10,16GB

Edited by cazad

Guest Colossae3.23

@omegamoon,

great work, thanks for this. It works great on the newest Infusion build. Like greased lightning now B)

For me its stable to the highest setting (in the Infusion processor settings) which is 1.325. I imagine No Frills may provide higher values?

Anyway, its probably not the best to keep it at full wack is it? I mean for wear and tear? Just wondering what people's thoughts are on that.

And on the lower side, I find 122 doesn't wake up very nice. Anyone else experience this as well?

All the best,

Bill

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest Potatoes

@omegamoon,

great work, thanks for this. It works great on the newest Infusion build. Like greased lightning now B)

For me its stable to the highest setting (in the Infusion processor settings) which is 1.325. I imagine No Frills may provide higher values?

Anyway, its probably not the best to keep it at full wack is it? I mean for wear and tear? Just wondering what people's thoughts are on that.

And on the lower side, I find 122 doesn't wake up very nice. Anyone else experience this as well?

All the best,

Bill

Nice, you're lucky to be able to hit 1.325. It can be compiled to go faster. Omega has put in the values all the way up to 1.5 but they're commented out

// Users report that CPU is stable in between 1.2 and 1.3GHz

{ 1, 1270000,	ACPU_PLL_4,  6,  0, 158750,   3,  7, 200000 },

{ 1, 1280000,	ACPU_PLL_4,  6,  0, 160000,   3,  7, 200000 }, // PLL4 max of 66.7MHz

{ 1, 1290000,	ACPU_PLL_4,  6,  0, 161250,   3,  7, 200000 },

{ 1, 1300000,	ACPU_PLL_4,  6,  0, 162500,   3,  7, 200000 },

// Up to 1.3GHz is stable but... Let's go bananas!!

{ 1, 1310720,	ACPU_PLL_4,  6,  0, 163840,   3,  7, 200000 },

{ 1, 1324800,	ACPU_PLL_4,  6,  0, 165600,   3,  7, 200000 },

/*

{ 1, 1344000,	ACPU_PLL_4,  6,  0, 168000,   3,  7, 200000 },

{ 1, 1382400,	ACPU_PLL_4,  6,  0, 172800,   3,  7, 200000 },

{ 1, 1420800,	ACPU_PLL_4,  6,  0, 177600,   3,  7, 200000 },

{ 1, 1459200,	ACPU_PLL_4,  6,  0, 182400,   3,  7, 200000 },

{ 1, 1497600,	ACPU_PLL_4,  6,  0, 187200,   3,  7, 200000 },

{ 1, 1536000,	ACPU_PLL_4,  6,  0, 192000,   3,  7, 200000 },

*/

Running at full wack as in using the performance scheduler is probably not a good idea :D unless you mean you're using one of the other scaling schedulers in which case it's probably ok since it doesn't run at max speed all the time, it will change the speed depending on demand so the majority of the time it will be at the lower and mid frequencies. Better still if you used a app like setcpu it allows you to create custom profiles which switch between them seamlessly for example at default you can have it set to say 320 min - 1008 max, but when you open a certain game or demanding app you can have it swap to a different profile which has the top end running at 1325. Obviously when you exit it'll swap back to the default profile.

Guest Colossae3.23

Running at full wack as in using the performance scheduler is probably not a good idea :D unless you mean you're using one of the other scaling schedulers in which case it's probably ok since it doesn't run at max speed all the time, it will change the speed depending on demand so the majority of the time it will be at the lower and mid frequencies. Better still if you used a app like setcpu it allows you to create custom profiles which switch between them seamlessly for example at default you can have it set to say 320 min - 1008 max, but when you open a certain game or demanding app you can have it swap to a different profile which has the top end running at 1325. Obviously when you exit it'll swap back to the default profile.

thanks, that helps.Yeah, I had it on smartassv2. But, it was big talk, sorry... Just had a freeze up @ 1.325. Down to 1.3 now to see if that'll stay stable. In the xda thread mentioned early on in this thread, I read that smartass sort of works like a sleep policy.

I've been using antutu's battery saver, and now I'm wondering if I even need it now? Like, do battery savers actually use sleep policies to save on power, and if so what's the point, if the smartass governor does that?

Ta

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest Potatoes

thanks, that helps.Yeah, I had it on smartassv2. But, it was big talk, sorry... Just had a freeze up @ 1.325. Down to 1.3 now to see if that'll stay stable. In the xda thread mentioned early on in this thread, I read that smartass sort of works like a sleep policy.

I've been using antutu's battery saver, and now I'm wondering if I even need it now? Like, do battery savers actually use sleep policies to save on power, and if so what's the point, if the smartass governor does that?

Ta

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by sleep policies, do you mean like auto switching off services like wifi, bluetooth etc? As for the cpu, as default it does drop into deep sleep mode when idle.

Edited by Potatoes

Guest luismiyu

I have wifi toggle freeze too. I thought it was a B936 related issue and reading some posts here I'm not the only one suffering. Switching to geno.kolar kernel that has never failed... for the time being :)

Edited by luismiyu

Guest Colossae3.23

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by sleep policies, do you mean like auto switching off services like wifi, bluetooth etc? As for the cpu, as default it does drop into deep sleep mode when idle.

...maybe I don't know what I mean either :unsure: I was assuming that's what the battery saver did.

Its got a night mode, but that's like a profiler (so, you set time range for it go into that mode, which includes airplane mode) But it also has a tick box to control cpu frequency, so I was wondering if that would conflict with governor in this kernel

Guest Potatoes

...maybe I don't know what I mean either :unsure: I was assuming that's what the battery saver did.

Its got a night mode, but that's like a profiler (so, you set time range for it go into that mode, which includes airplane mode) But it also has a tick box to control cpu frequency, so I was wondering if that would conflict with governor in this kernel

Oh right, as default the cpu will throttle up and down depending on requrement and sleep when idle.If you want it to restrict speeds or toggle on / off services like airplane mode, wifi etc under certain conditions like at night time or when you're not at home etc then yes you'll need an extra app to do that.

Guest Colossae3.23

cheers, I'm going to try the llama app for that. Staying steady for 24 hours @ 1.3ghz, smartassv2 and vr scheduler. Going back up to 480mhz as minimum. Seems like anything less is slow to wake up.

Guest Potatoes

Pretty sure Geno's kernel will be the same since Geno supplied the camera fix

[uPDATE 2012/08/13]

* Bluetooth is fixed now

[uPDATE 2012/08/19]

* Fixed camera flash (thanks to genokolar!)

[uPDATE 2012/08/20]

* Fixed camera issue with mt9p017 sensor (thanks to genokolar!)

* Optimized CPU frequencies + added 2 overclock values

[uPDATE 2012/08/24]

* Added zRam feature

* Added smaller steps in overclock frequencies from 1.2 to 1.3GHz

Guest Potatoes

What is the difference between omegamoons kernel and genokolars kernel? Which one should I install?

I think nothing, apart from omega's has vr and sio schedulers and the overclocking settings go higher (maybe) but can't be sure, can't find the source for the Geno's kernel