[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.x.x for ZTE Acqua

Guest KonstaT

Is not it possible to make a custom ROM Port of ZTE Blade III or Hauwei G300? Are "almost" equal to Acqua ... It's a shame not to have custom ROM for the Acqua ....

Guest KonstaT

Is not it possible to make a custom ROM Port of ZTE Blade III or Hauwei G300? Are "almost" equal to Acqua ... It's a shame not to have custom ROM for the Acqua ....

I already answered you this once! Most certainly it will never happen if no one has the balls to test it and tell me what works and what doesn't.

Blade III ROMs will boot in Acqua. If telephony works, I don't know yet. And if it doesn't, it's most likely possible to fix with a compatibility patch containing few RIL libs from this device.

I have already bricked my phone twice with experiments.

Unless somebody comes up for a way to recover the phone from QDL I'm not willing to experiment another time.

I have the desire to buy jtag programmer -I love this phone- but I can't find a jtag that supports this phone.

Furthermore, I would like to ask KonstaT to point me to the tool that converts the original roms to files compatible to his recovery image. So far my attempts to do this manually failed at this command: format("ext4", "EMMC", "/system");

I have made an upgrade from B02 to B07 that works great but the only way to install this is by manually formating system and omitting the above command from updater-script. Several friends are using this ROM without problems for several months now. For the reasons I state above I will stay to B07 for the time being.

Guest KonstaT

I have already bricked my phone twice with experiments.

Unless somebody comes up for a way to recover the phone from QDL I'm not willing to experiment another time.

Furthermore, I would like to ask KonstaT to point me to the tool that converts the original roms to files compatible to his recovery image. So far my attempts to do this manually failed at this command: format("ext4", "EMMC", "/system");

You simply can't brick your phone with ClockWorkMod unless you're doing it wrong. Only use it to flash partitions that CWM can backup and restore!

Lol, the tool is called winzip (or whatever zip tool you prefer). Just replace system folder, boot.img and modify updater-script of a CyanogenMod ROM update zip (e.g. the ones in Blade III subforum will work just fine).

You just simply can't pack your "custom" ROM inside the official update zip from ZTE. You are still failing to understand this.

KonstaT excuse the repeated questions!

I ended up installing the ROM-Aurora Borealis-RLSx.zip from Blade III and is working, and telephony seems to work perfectly, no bugs so far ...

Just missing the Portuguese language pack, Acqua is known in my country as SMART TMN A15, and change the model number for ZTE SKATE ACQUA instead of ZTE BLADE III. lool

Later I will test your release CyanogenMod 10

Thanks for the good work.

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT excuse the repeated questions!

I ended up installing the ROM-Aurora Borealis-RLSx.zip from Blade III and is working, and telephony seems to work perfectly, no bugs so far ...

Just missing the Portuguese language pack, Acqua is known in my country as SMART TMN A15, and change the model number for ZTE SKATE ACQUA instead of ZTE BLADE III. lool

Later I will test your release CyanogenMod 10

Thanks for the good work.

Great, thanks for testing. :) Now we're finally getting somewhere.

Now if only someone was kind enough to test the new ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.7. image so that I could update this thread...

Of course I use winzip to pack the files.

Here is the structure:post-996579-0-16921700-1359726482.jpg

And the start of the script.

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "atlas40" ||

getprop("ro.build.product") == "atlas40");

assert(getprop("ro.product.name") == "P740A_WIND");

show_progress(0.500000, 0);

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/system");

mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p19", "/system");

It stops at format. I'm sorry but I do not get what is wrong here.

fat.bin and splash.bin? I tried without these.

I used update-binary even from "cm-10-20130129-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip" Same result.

It fails at format but if I skip the format - it goes ahead and works.

The reason I bricked the phone twice was not B07 but my attempts to load one time a Blade III ROM (CM-10) and the other time a N880E ROM. Both times the phone lost recovery and entered QDL, from then on I failed to find the files and tools to recover. This didn't make sense either. Neither of these ROMs should have touched recovery.

Guest KonstaT

@papars

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p19", "0", "/system");

The updater-script I already posted in post #35 is pretty much what I used in my Aurora Borealis ROM except for the stuff for additional features (busybox, su, init.d, etc) and the first line is in above form (as also suggested in that post). You can use it for repacking stock ROMs in CyanogenMod zip.

You shouldn't be flashing fat.bin or splash.img with ClockWorkMod. CWM doesn't backup or restore these partitions.

There's no way you can brick your phone (or lose recovery) by flashing Blade III CM10 zip in ClockWorkMod unless you did something to the zip first.

There's no way you can brick your phone (or lose recovery) by flashing Blade III CM10 zip in ClockWorkMod unless you did some funny business to the zip first.

I thought so, but it happened. Maybe something wrong with the WIND stock ROM?

I notice that loading CWM posted in this thread was good for one time boot only. Because after a couple of reboots, stock rom was replacing recovery with the stock recovery files. Hence I modified the stock B07 and removed recovery (directories / files and scripts). After that CWM stayed there permanently.

I was happy with this, then I thought to try CM-10, and failed.

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p19", "0", "/system");

This didn't work either but this could be related to the update-binary I was using that time. If I remember correctly I was getting a different error number than my original command.

The only thing that I do not like with custom ROMs is the inability to use the FM radio and the fact that LatinIME.apk used in most cases does not support Greek (dialer too). Hence for the moment I will stick to stock.

KonstaT I did a upgrade to Clockworkmod 6.0.2.7 and works perfectly on Acqua ...

So I think you can update the thread...

Edited by thmnss

I Already tested the CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2) from the Blade III, and has a huge bug, I can not explain the bug, seems that the touch does not work, or only detects one point.

On the screen appears a small circle, and touch only works if we press in the area of that small circle ..

Guest KonstaT

I Already tested the CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2) from the Blade III, and has a huge bug, I can not explain the bug, seems that the touch does not work, or only detects one point.

On the screen appears a small circle, and touch only works if we press in the area of that small circle ..

Thanks again for testing. :)

Yeah, it's in cursor mode. I'm familiar with this and it should be easy enough to fix. ;) CM10 currently only supports Synaptics touchscreen used in Blade III. Apparently Acqua has different touchscreen hardware (Focaltech or Atmel). I'll add support in the next release.

You can get information about your touchscreen hardware by dialing *983*24474636# (*ZTE*CHIPINFO#) in stock ROM's dialer (also works on Aurora Borealis as it's stock based). After you know which one it is, you can simply copy/rename /system/usr/idc/syna-touchscreen.idc and /system/usr/keylayout/syna-touchscreen.kl to Fts-touchscreen.* or atmel-touchsceen.* according to your touchscreen hardware.

FocalTech

Thanks again for testing. :)

Yeah, it's in cursor mode. I'm familiar with this and it should be easy enough to fix. ;) CM10 currently only supports Synaptics touchscreen used in Blade III. Apparently Acqua has different touchscreen hardware (Focaltech or Atmel). I'll add support in the next release.

You can get information about your touchscreen hardware by dialing *983*24474636# (*ZTE*CHIPINFO#) in stock ROM's dialer (also works on Aurora Borealis as it's stock based). After you know which one it is, you can simply copy/rename /system/usr/idc/syna-touchscreen.idc and /system/usr/keylayout/syna-touchscreen.kl to Fts-touchscreen.* or atmel-touchsceen.* according to your touchscreen hardware.

It is confirmed Acqua touchscreen uses different hardware, is a FocalTech. :)

FocalTech

Ya, FocalTech on mine too.

Is there any way to make a backup of original FTM Mode?

I have an TMN SMART A15 (ZTE Skate Acqua) and I want to root it... Konstant thank you VERY MUCH for your work!

FocalTech

I changed the files according to the touchscreen hardware, and the CM10 BLADE 3 works perfectly ...

Flashing with CWM 6.0.2.7?

Yes, i flash the rom with the CWM 6.0.2.7

*After changing the files do not forget to re-sign the Rom, I only could install after re-sign the Rom ...

Edited by thmnss

Guest KonstaT

Is there any way to make a backup of original FTM Mode?

Yeah, sure. Just follow instructions under 'How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device (before you root or install cwm)'. That's exactly the reason why it's there. ;)

Your stock FTM recovery is backed up as recovery.img and you can restore it later (if necessary) the same way you flash the ClockWorkMod image (via fastboot).

@all

My CM10 builds should now support ZTE Acqua. Please test and report back. :)

Yeah, sure. Just follow instructions under 'How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device (before you root or install cwm)'. That's exactly the reason why it's there. ;)

Your stock FTM recovery is backed up as recovery.img and you can restore it later (if necessary) the same way you flash the ClockWorkMod image (via fastboot).

@all

Ahhh thank you very much! I thought the backup would only save the ROM :D

I'm with a problem...

My device restarts when I make the command:

adb reboot bootloader

But then the skate keeps showing the green android image and the adb console says <waiting for device> :(

Thanks for all your work KonstaT!

@all

The only problem reported on another forum by a Acqua user is that the camera flash isn't working, but the reason for this is because BLADE III don't have flash :S

Edited by Di0g0

Guest KonstaT

Ahhh thank you very much! I thought the backup would only save the ROM :D

I'm with a problem...

My device restarts when I make the command:

adb reboot bootloader

But then the skate keeps showing the green android image and the adb console says <waiting for device> :(

Thanks for all your work KonstaT!

Yeah, it should reboot and stay at the bootloader at that point. Then you are at fastboot console (use 'fastboot devices'), adb console is not supposed to say anything at that point anymore. Someone posted bootloader drives somewhere in this thread. I'm not sure if installing those helps. Even though I wrote the instructions for windows, I actually used linux myself. :P

The only problem reported on another forum by a Acqua user is that the camera flash isn't working, but the reason for this is because BLADE III don't have flash :S

Thanks, I didn't even think of that. Here's a list of camera related libs that you can try switching from your stock ROM. It's most likely system/lib/liboemcamera.so that you need to get camera flash working.

Yeah, it should reboot and stay at the bootloader at that point. Then you are at fastboot console (use 'fastboot devices'), adb console is not supposed to say anything at that point anymore. Someone posted bootloader drives somewhere in this thread. I'm not sure if installing those helps. Even though I wrote the instructions for windows, I actually used linux myself. :P

It was a problem of drivers, already solved :D

Thanks!!