[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest rosco-85

Right. I have backed up with CWM while on Infusion. If I install this (just to try it out) can I just boot into CWM and restore and it will all be back to how it was?

You can easily swap between all ROM's that have the same Baseband, making a Nandroid backup each time. I am running B934 - Tried B940 but was no better and tried Infusion but wasn't for me. Both times I successfully swapped back to B934 without any issues.

Guest Rattonboy

Have flashed the s3 rom till this rom becomes more usable. Antutu score used to be 2800 with this rom and update to S3 ICS ROM and antutu score increased to 3700. I would advice people who want to install ICS to install the s3 version as it is very good and smooth.

Guest inchains

Instructions:

• Grab the ROM and Google apps (links below) and stick them on your SD.
  • Boot in to Recovery by turning the phone off, and turning it on while holding the volume up key (not volume down like a lot of phones, volume down takes you to the bootloader).
  • 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset'
  • NB for CWM: I advise you reboot recovery here, CWM seems a bit broken with flashes after wipes, at least for me.
  • 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> ROM
  • 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> Google apps
  • 'Reboot System Now'
  • Give it time - first boot takes longer than usual.
  • Run through the first time setup, language, date/time, Google account etc.
  • Have fun!

How to reboot recovery?

Guest timfimjim

There's nothing to contribute there, other than twenty overclock kernels and various tiny changes to CM and a rebranding of "Team Something" nightlies.

Yep I thought it might be that. You're much more needed here!

Guest CertifiedDon

I really want JB but I need camera features not to be pushy but is there a date when this feature would be possible, I understand that this work is hard work so I am not trying to offend the developer?

I really want JB but I need camera features not to be pushy but is there a date when this feature would be possible, I understand that this work is hard work so I am not trying to offend the developer?

Stop. As I said to someone before, you don't want it enough. :)

When it's ready, it's ready.

If you REALLY want JellyBean with a working camera, buy a device shipped with JellyBean. Until then, wait and be patient like everyone else.

Edited by buddn07

Guest Applefruit500

If I extract the zip file, then copy all the camera files from a similar working ROM and place them into their respective folders in this ROM, will the camera work?

Guest Applefruit500

OK.

Tried it anyway, but the phone stayed on the Cyanogen Mod boot animation for ages so I just had to remove the battery, boot into ClockworkMod Recovery and install the original CyanogenMod 10 and reboot the phone.

I think I will try using the S3 ROM for now.