[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest popoyaya

What about the camera? I am not talking about resolution but about the app itself. The stock one in Gingerbread is terrible. It shows what you are looking at sharp and clear but when you take a picture the app gets stuck for a second then it produces a very blurry picture even if the phone is stationery. I really don't care about resolution when the photos look like I have grease on my lens (I don't). Tested on two G300s and both have this problem.

Is this fixed in CM10 or JB or even ICS? Or does camera on this phone just plain sucks?

I find taking pictures with the "action" scene mode (i.e. fast shutter speed) produces much sharper pictures, though a bit darker. The aperture on phone cameras is tiny (i.e. not much light gets in) and on the G300 the sensor has low sensitivity so long shutter times are used resulting in blurred photos if anything moves even a bit. Action scene mode, good lighting and/or flash helps keep shutter speed fast and pictures sharp.

Edited by popoyaya

I installed cat log and started camera but I don't know how to find sensor info in logs. I used search but no success. Can somebody give me a hint how to find it in logs? Thanks.

And thanks to Dazz on cm10.

Guest Oresteso

@psaras

I did it with CatLog app.

- Start CatLog

- Use Home button and start the camera.

- Close camera and go back to CatLog.

- Click on pause button.

- Search for s5k4e1 or mt9p017 or CAM_FD

I would just like to get rid of that blur. Why can I see clearly and sharply but then photo itself is shizz? That's what I think is fault of the app.

I got crappy blurry photos too with the stock app on GB. After installing Camera360 photos are nice and sharp. The sensor is fine.

Guest vladax10

No, I _thought_ it fixed it. It significantly reduced the chance of it happening but it's still there.

Yes, this is a custom kernel. "Official kernel" in this sense is used to mean "built by Huawei". Everything that is compiled from source is custom.

It's a problem in the dhd_dpc daemon, which ends up queuing up 100% of the CPU until the phone decides to call it quits and reboot. It can't be a problem in dhd_4330.ko, as Huawei use the exact same module.

It's either a difference in cfg80211 or elsewhere in the kernel. I wouldn't be surprised, the entire mt9p camera driver was missing from the release.

But yeah, whatever kernel you use, geno's or omegamoon's, you probably will encounter this issue on a stock ROM.

Daz i havent this problem witho geno's kernel,only with omeamooon's...strange...

Guest Dazzozo

Daz i havent this problem witho geno's kernel,only with omeamooon's...strange...

Geno's probably fixed it then, but that's not surprising considering he was the source of the mt9p camera driver and tps flash driver.

Guest Davidoff59

Dazzozo I haven't come across the reboot or wifi freeze using omega moon kernel. I always turn off wifi when not in use so its always toggled on and off which appears to be where the issue becomes apparent.

The only issue I do see is that the phone network seems to go off sometimes when on wifi.

I think that's a known issue with the G300.

Im using 20/08/2012 3.0.08 kernel and B936. I know its a hard to replicate bug but I have never come across in a few months since B936 came out and I'm online daily

Guest Dazzozo

Dazzozo I haven't come across the reboot or wifi freeze using omega moon kernel. I always turn off wifi when not in use so its always toggled on and off which appears to be where the issue becomes apparent.

The only issue I do see is that the phone network seems to go off sometimes when on wifi.

I think that's a known issue with the G300.

Im using 20/08/2012 3.0.08 kernel and B936. I know its a hard to replicate bug but I have never come across in a few months since B936 came out and I'm online daily

I haven't encountered a freeze having worked on this for a while. I'm really not sure, I just know what happens when it does happen.

There's nothing glaringly obvious that omegamoon has changed to fix such an issue.

Huawei have always done that.. I swear they do it on purpose.

Yep, missing camera drivers, missing torch driver, broken netfilter modules that would prevent compilation and now something causing rare hangs when Wi-Fi is enabled.

You're the second person I've heard say they seem to do it on purpose... :o Vandalising the kernel drop to make unofficial firmware harder? :P

So I may have shitty camera in my phone and there is nothing to do with it? Well, I am not complaining as this is a budget phone and I should use real camera to take real photos. But my old Nokia 6210 which is dumbphone had photos of several levels higher quality, and that's a shame.

Hey, I I just wanted to tell you that the stock gingerbread gallery does not show the images at full quality. There is an app called Quick pic, and if you get it, You will notice that your photos are actually really high quality. Trust me, it works. I'm using it myself.

Guest BlinkAlves

@psaras

I did it with CatLog app.

- Start CatLog

- Use Home button and start the camera.

- Close camera and go back to CatLog.

- Click on pause button.

- Search for s5k4e1 or mt9p017 or CAM_FD

in my logcat nothing happens :S it apears only the loading image, but no text :S

Guest jsevi83

There's not a "good camera" and a "bad camera". Let's say that sensor s5k4e1 works better than mt9p017 in low light conditions. Blury pictures happen in both of them.

Guest kepke90

I would like to try the ROM from the first post :) just to spice the expectation... I'm pretty new to all these stuff about flashing new roms, just would like to know, how to revert to ICS after installing CM10?

Just to flash from CWM with official b936? I suppose the downgrading is about the baseband, so there should be no problems?

Thank you, maybe I've slightly missed the thread, so excuse me please?

Guest Simon O

Yep, missing camera drivers, missing torch driver, broken netfilter modules that would prevent compilation and now something causing rare hangs when Wi-Fi is enabled.

You're the second person I've heard say they seem to do it on purpose... Vandalising the kernel drop to make unofficial firmware harder?

Huawei U8220, U8800. Both had kernel code released that wouldn't build without several changes to the code.

ZTE aren't much better. Blade, Blade 2, Skate etc etc.. same sort of issues. Unless they all use a really f--ked up development setup in China :/

Guest Umrtvovacz

Hey, I I just wanted to tell you that the stock gingerbread gallery does not show the images at full quality. There is an app called Quick pic, and if you get it, You will notice that your photos are actually really high quality. Trust me, it works. I'm using it myself.

The pictures are blurry. Like if I moved the camera while taking photo. That's what is the problem. I don't care about resolution.

Guest AiCaramba!

in my logcat nothing happens :S it apears only the loading image, but no text :S

Same here. adb logcat doesn't work either.

I read that one could enable logging when dialing *#*#2846579#*#*. Doingt that my phone only shows a black screen with the headline "Test".

Guest Dazzozo

So is my camera good can't tell. Since I put on genokolar kernel I noticed images are a bit different. Here's an image

It's likely you have the mt9p sensor as that is the one we've had to substitute a driver for, and is the only one with the potential to be different to Huawei's code.

as i flashed omegamoons kernel camera didnt work

at genos camera is working

BTW: what exactly is the wifi crash? i didnt had any crash with wifi as i tried cm10

Guest Dazzozo

as i flashed omegamoons kernel camera didnt work

at genos camera is working

BTW: what exactly is the wifi crash? i didnt had any crash with wifi as i tried cm10

When did you flash it? I remember him over-tidying the kernel and removing one of the used sensors a while ago.

As said many times, the Wi-Fi hang is rare.

As said many times, the Wi-Fi hang is rare.

Dont really know much at all about andriod / rom's, but the following is my expierence after loading the Dev rom this morning on a spare g300, hopefully it maybe of some assistance

My expierence with freezing was when i turned on wifi, it froze, removed and replaced battery, switched on and it froze again on the CyanogenMod logo about halfway through the launch, went back to cwm reinstalled rom again and all went ok and wifi worked, installed my apps, did an antutu check and scored about 2750, then went and re-booted and im back to frozen screen on CyanogenMod again, left it in that state for about 10 to 15mins then the Huawei logo came up followed by the rotating Cyan logo and froze again..........

Guest unaszplodrmann

ZTE aren't much better. Blade, Blade 2, Skate etc etc.. same sort of issues. Unless they all use a really f--ked up development setup in China :/

But unlike ZTE, Huawei are members of the Linux Foundation; in theory they are effectively sabotaging their own organisation, but I think 'undermining' is probably a more appropriate verb!