• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

1636 posts in this topic

Posted

all we are testing new J.B. ROM

nice one

Posted

valdek, so when is the new tested new J.B. ROM come out. am so excited :D

Posted (edited)

No one is around here because there is chat room setup for the g300, the login info should be a few pages back I think..

http://www.modaco.co...g300-chat-room/ for anyone that's interested

Edited by timfimjim

Posted

ivankralijevo, so you don't know than :(

It's best to just use another ROM until this one comes out. As far as I know, currently this ROM is being tested. So no one knows when it will come out, as a new problem could surface that needs fixing at any point of the testing.

This way, when the ROM is released, there will be less bugs and less complaints about features not working etc.

Try not to ask when things will be ready as it puts pressure on the developers who after all have other commitments in their lives than android! :)

Posted

valdek, so when is the new tested new J.B. ROM come out. am so excited :D

haha. come out ? in my dream :).... but X-mas soon, so who knows what Santa may bring this year :)

Posted

timfimjim, thanks for the info. i want ask any more :L, not trying pressure Developers on them

Posted

ivankralijevo, are you joking me :L

Yes, he's making fun of you. It won't be that soon, CM10 won't be here in Q4 2012, it will be here in Q4 2013! :-D

Posted

Someoen ask Dazzozo if his oven are not broken? I think we need to put everyone one pound and buy new one for him!

;)

Posted

Go into chat if you want to know what's happening

#huawei-G300 on freenode.net

Posted

hey Dazzozo when will you finish with testing the rom?

Posted

hey Dazzozo when will you finish with testing the rom?

do what frodo said

Go into chat if you want to know what's happening

#huawei-G300 on freenode.net

Posted

Patience, give him a chance. If you want an eta, jump onboard and help him with coding. Its been repeately stated that he is testing the rom. You would be waiting so much longer on Huawei to release JB so why push a guy working in his own time for us all to enjoy a new rom. This rubbish chases devs away

Posted

i was on this forum and asked exactly the same question

and if i could help i would do it but im noob in coding android (i have never done this)... and i have school so i dont have much time

BTW what is eta?

Posted

and if i could help i would do it but im noob in coding android (i have never done this)... and i have school so i dont have much time

BTW what is eta?

ETA is Estimated Time of Arrival

Regards !! :)

Posted

BTW what is eta?

Dont bother about helping with the code,it was a suggestion if you were capable of doing it lol.

AN ETA

is the estimated time of arrival

Posted

is it similar to linux coding?

Posted

Don't go on irc and ask for an eta. When it's ready, daz will release it.

Posted

Go on the chat session posted above.Its quite interesting seeing the trials, tribulations and triumph associated with this.

Posted

Any ideas what daz post on twitter was about? Something with a shorter time frame?

Posted

Any ideas what daz post on twitter was about? Something with a shorter time frame?

he is not budging on saying what exactly he is releasing but i guess we will find out

Posted

is it similar to linux coding?

The linux kernel is mainly written in C, with some hardware specific code using Assembly.

Distributions like Ubuntu use C/C++.

Also they use some python, ruby and more...

Android is like a distribution of Linux. The apps from Android can be written in Java (most of them) or C/C++. The facebook app for android use HTML5.

Posted

I'm lost on AndroIRC I have no clue on how to join the g300 server. I added the #huawei-g300 to free node and nothing any instructions would be nice.

Posted

connect, freenode. Then actions, join channel, #huawei-g300. Done :)

Posted

i am sorry but i really dont get it how do i join that channel, can someone please write a step to step guide for a noob like me :(

open http://freenode.net then what ?

thank you in advance for my maybe dumb question ...

Posted

ZoomG go to webchat.freenode.net under nickname choose whatever you want for a name ,under channel enter #huawei-g300 ,than enter the captcha and click connect done ^^