[Q THEME] Changing PowerAMP statusbar icon

Guest Butcher55

Guest Butcher55

Hello, I want to replace PowerAMP icon in statusbar which appears when poweramp starts playing music. Is it possible? Thansk for your help:)

Guest JudasLucifer

Oh but you can change it, you have two options.

1) If you are on CM or any other ROM with theme manager, you can create a theme to change the icon. Though this may be difficult if you have no idea what you are doing.

2) Use apktool or similar to decompile the apk, and manually edit the image file for said icon. However, this will need editing with every new release and can't be updated via market.

Both of these probably need some background knowledge and general experience, it depends how good you are with such things.

you can't change anything about the app as the developer has applied anti-piracy measures to ensure the app has not been modified. I'm not sure whether the icon you refer to is part of poweramp or the android framework though.

Guest JudasLucifer

I tried decompile apk through apkmanager, replaced that icon but then apk won`t install :/

You need to Sign apk's after re-building them

Guest Butcher55

yeah, I know, I have some little basics of using apkmanager but its not enough to replace that icon :D doesnt matter, i like it how it looks now:) maybe is there some protection like flshg said