g300 restart when trying to update from sd card

Guest cozmaky

Guest cozmaky

hy i have one problem with my g300,when i trying to update the software from sd scard my phone just display please wait and restart(no unpacking and instal).in download mode the phone stuck at the pink screen and do nothing,also the ota update dont work (b882 with cwm metod to b885 vodafone azura ota).the problem apared when i downgrated from b934 ics to b888 gingerbread.any ideea? plz help

Guest rosco-85

hy i have one problem with my g300,when i trying to update the software from sd scard my phone just display please wait and restart(no unpacking and instal).in download mode the phone stuck at the pink screen and do nothing,also the ota update dont work (b882 with cwm metod to b885 vodafone azura ota).the problem apared when i downgrated from b934 ics to b888 gingerbread.any ideea? plz help

Why would you want to go back to GB in the first place?

Have you tried the middle package from B927 first. It works for some people.

Guest cozmaky

im stuck to b888 gr1 duo instaled via cwm method,i can't instal sofwares that come in update.app package because i can't use the sd card upgrade anymore and the cwm only leave me to instal only zip roms that mean i can't use the middle package.

Guest rosco-85

If it was me I would try the IMEI hack method, then update using the Vol + and Vol - method... Most would say this is risky, but I've done ti twice and it's been okay. Otherwise, I have no idea. Surely someone else more experienced will know a way though.

Guest rosco-85

That's likely cause you're still on the old 109808 baseband for GB. You won't be able to install an ICS zip while still on the old baseband. You need to be on 2030, and the only way you can get this is be flashing a proper ICS ROM through the normal method.

Edited by rosco-85

Guest rosco-85

You should be able to flash back to B888 via ZIP file, if you were already using a working GR1. Not sure if you need to wipe/format dalvik, cache, system first though.

Hopefully someone else can offer you a solution, if you feel the IMEI hack is too risky.

Guest cozmaky

uf it worked,my phone booted normaly. now i am in gr1 b888,but again the intial problem with the sd card upgrade(like i said in the first post)

Edited by cozmaky

Guest rosco-85

Have you tried formatting your SD card so its completely clean and then put the .app in 'dload' folder. Then flash via Vol + and Vol - method?

Cause failing that, this is the only way I can see this working for you...

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355556-guide-change-to-any-g300u8815u8818-rom-via-boot-loader-version-bypass-hack/page__hl__%20via%20%20bootloader__st__0

Guest anything-but

One other thing to try is remove the sd card from the phone and put the dload folder onto the phone`s internal storage as i know of a few people that couldn`t update by putting the update on the sd card. Just boot up with vol +/- pressed and it "should" work.