• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sony Xperia T is the new flagship model for the UK

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Featuring in the upcoming James Bond cinema release Skyfall, Xperia T is the new flagship model for the UK. It&#39;s due next month, but how does it improve on the Xperia S?<br />

<br />

The Xperia S was announced in January 2012 and released February 2012. 7 months later it&#39;s successor has been announced.<br />

<br />

7 months is a long time in Android evolution, the S launched with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich promised soon. The 4.0 update did not arrive until June 2012, and here we are 2 months later and the new flagship has just been announced.<br />

<br />

The Xperia T will launch with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, with an update to Android 4.1 following launch. This sounds familiar - we really hope Sony releases the Jellybean update faster than the four months it took to update the Xperia S.<br />

<br />

The Xperia T has 16GB internal memory, unlike the Xperia S&#39;s 32GB, but the T supports Micro SD... a definitely plus in our books&#33;<br />

<br />

The Xperia T also has:<br />

• HSDPA 42.2Mbps, which is 3 times faster than the S, <br />
  • 13Mp camera compared to S&#39;s 12Mp camera, <br />
  • 4.55&quot; display - 0.25&quot; bigger than the S&#39;s 4.2&quot; display,<br />
  • Qualcomm MSM8260A Snapdragon Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait CPU with Adreno 225 GPU

<br />

I was hoping for a quad core from Sony by now, but the specification does sound good, here&#39;s hoping the price is good next month.<br />

<br />

[Via: Sony]<br />

<br />

gallery_19680_65_4014.jpg

<br />

<br />

Click here to view the item

Posted · Report post

So happy with this and totally buying it especially as it trumps the SGS3, One x and the Optimus 4X in benchmarks.

So what if it isn't quad core? :P

Posted · Report post

Looks a bit dull compared to the Xperia S.

Posted · Report post

This has to be <£300. Won't these dual core chips be cheaper now quad core is the norm in most flagship phones?

One thing I really do like is that data speed, but which networks support it?

Posted · Report post

Nope this will be around 450 I think. The dual vs quad doesn't actually mean anything. As I said the soc in the Xperia T is better is some benchmarks than the GS3 and the Optimus 4X.

Posted · Report post

regardless of it only being dual core, it's still a Sony, the Xperia S still retails for £349 sim free direct from Sony, so the T may be around £400 - £450

Posted · Report post

Out on september the 5th according to carphone warehouse.

Mega excited!!!!

Posted · Report post

those specs now are getting me scared of how fast a phone can run...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.