Sony Xperia T is the new flagship model for the UK

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

Featuring in the upcoming James Bond cinema release Skyfall, Xperia T is the new flagship model for the UK. It&#39;s due next month, but how does it improve on the Xperia S?<br />

<br />

The Xperia S was announced in January 2012 and released February 2012. 7 months later it&#39;s successor has been announced.<br />

<br />

7 months is a long time in Android evolution, the S launched with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich promised soon. The 4.0 update did not arrive until June 2012, and here we are 2 months later and the new flagship has just been announced.<br />

<br />

The Xperia T will launch with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, with an update to Android 4.1 following launch. This sounds familiar - we really hope Sony releases the Jellybean update faster than the four months it took to update the Xperia S.<br />

<br />

The Xperia T has 16GB internal memory, unlike the Xperia S&#39;s 32GB, but the T supports Micro SD... a definitely plus in our books&#33;<br />

<br />

The Xperia T also has:<br />

• HSDPA 42.2Mbps, which is 3 times faster than the S, <br />
  • 13Mp camera compared to S&#39;s 12Mp camera, <br />
  • 4.55&quot; display - 0.25&quot; bigger than the S&#39;s 4.2&quot; display,<br />
  • Qualcomm MSM8260A Snapdragon Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait CPU with Adreno 225 GPU

<br />

I was hoping for a quad core from Sony by now, but the specification does sound good, here&#39;s hoping the price is good next month.<br />

<br />

[Via: Sony]<br />

<br />

gallery_19680_65_4014.jpg

<br />

<br />

Click here to view the item

Guest tilal6991

So happy with this and totally buying it especially as it trumps the SGS3, One x and the Optimus 4X in benchmarks.

So what if it isn't quad core? :P

Guest razzmataz1478

This has to be <£300. Won't these dual core chips be cheaper now quad core is the norm in most flagship phones?

One thing I really do like is that data speed, but which networks support it?

Guest tilal6991

Nope this will be around 450 I think. The dual vs quad doesn't actually mean anything. As I said the soc in the Xperia T is better is some benchmarks than the GS3 and the Optimus 4X.

Guest hecatae

regardless of it only being dual core, it's still a Sony, the Xperia S still retails for £349 sim free direct from Sony, so the T may be around £400 - £450

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.