[cm9] change to get the panorama mode working

Guest parvata

Guest parvata

Hi,

I have a fix to the panorama mode FC. In the setupCaptureParams() of the PanoramaActivity.java just comment the lines where the horizontal and vertical viewing angles are set and replace them with the hard coded values of (float)50.82 and (float)38.58 for horizontal and vertical respectively. I have calculated these values using my liquid E.

//mHorizontalViewAngle = parameters.getHorizontalViewAngle();

//mVerticalViewAngle = parameters.getVerticalViewAngle();

mHorizontalViewAngle = (float)50.82;

mVerticalViewAngle = (float)38.58;

After this change the camera's panorama mode works! No more FCs. Maybe thepasto can simply make this change in his github and give us a new binary? if not anyone else? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

great job parvata!

please can you (or someomne else) tell me how and what to change where ?

i'm not very into this programming stuff, but am familiar with unix environment though, have access to my acer via terminal and also adb, already have found the camera.apk, but i can't find anything you mentioned in this package)

thanks in advance!

Ok, try this.

Location to the camera app where panorama mode works,

https://sites.google.com/site/parvatarm/logcat/Camera.apk?attredirects=0&d=1 Download this app and do the following after connecting your phone to a PC that can talk to the phone using adb.

adb shell

su

mount -o remount,rw /system

mv /system/app/Camera.apk /system/app/Camera.apk.bkp

exit

adb push Camera.apk /system/app

If the app is the above link is not working and you want to restore the original camera do this:

adb shell

su

mount -o remount,rw /system

rm -f /system/app/Camera.apk

mv /system/app/Camera.apk.bkp /system/app/Camera.apk

exit

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a fix to the panorama mode FC. In the setupCaptureParams() of the PanoramaActivity.java just comment the lines where the horizontal and vertical viewing angles are set and replace them with the hard coded values of (float)50.82 and (float)38.58 for horizontal and vertical respectively. I have calculated these values using my liquid E.

//mHorizontalViewAngle = parameters.getHorizontalViewAngle();

//mVerticalViewAngle = parameters.getVerticalViewAngle();

mHorizontalViewAngle = (float)50.82;

mVerticalViewAngle = (float)38.58;

After this change the camera's panorama mode works! No more FCs. Maybe thepasto can simply make this change in his github and give us a new binary? if not anyone else? Thanks.

Doesn't work in RC1. Instead of the image visible yellow square

Guest parvata

Doesn't work in RC1. Instead of the image visible yellow square

Most likely because thepasto has not patched this in his tree. This fix was from my cm9 source.

Most likely because thepasto has not patched this in his tree. This fix was from my cm9 source.

You don't understand. I use sources RC1 and tried to do what is written in the first post. In beta4 it realy work but in RC1 we see yellow square

Guest parvata

You don't understand. I use sources RC1 and tried to do what is written in the first post. In beta4 it realy work but in RC1 we see yellow square

Sorry, I haven't tried from the latest code base yet. Maybe something is broken. Anyway, I am trying to compile libcamera from source and make the basic functions working. So, far I had no luck. I was able to compile the source how when loading the camera driver there is a crash. So, I am still learning about the crash. Just yesterday I found reference to roggin's camera source (http://gitorious.org/~roggin/liquide/roggins-android-open). I may try this when I have time. Once I have this working then I can look into this. If you have any ideas on compiling a working libcamera please do let me know. I spoke to thepasto last weekend and he pointed me to zte blade's sources. He mentioned we were able to compile the library from this source. It compiled fined but the issues that I mentioned above are present. Progress is very slow :-(...

Guest parvata

Sorry, I haven't tried from the latest code base yet. Maybe something is broken. Anyway, I am trying to compile libcamera from source and make the basic functions working. So, far I had no luck. I was able to compile the source how when loading the camera driver there is a crash. So, I am still learning about the crash. Just yesterday I found reference to roggin's camera source (http://gitorious.org...ns-android-open). I may try this when I have time. Once I have this working then I can look into this. If you have any ideas on compiling a working libcamera please do let me know. I spoke to thepasto last weekend and he pointed me to zte blade's sources. He mentioned we were able to compile the library from this source. It compiled fined but the issues that I mentioned above are present. Progress is very slow :-(...

Ok good news. I was able to compile libcamera from source and get the camera working with roggin's source tree. I will see how far a progress I can make using this. I am using thepasto's kernel source tree 2.6.29 with some cherry picks like kgsl from .35. My effort here is to make most of the basic features to work again. Forget about the video recording for now :-). May be sometime later.