[ICS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B936 U8815 Vodafone OTA release [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest alan1302

Newbie to flashing ROMS on the Huawei Ascend G300 here so please be gentle!

I'm on stock UK GB 2.3.6, Baseband version 109808. Rooted, but that's all.

Can I just download the zip and use the 'software upgrade' option from the SD card.

Am I on the correct baseband version? Do I need to unlock the bootloader?

Anything else I'm missing? Should I do a backup first (If so - what's the best method?) Do I need to backup my IMEI?

Thanks.

I'd like to know about this as well - do I just download the 'full' version which was the 2nd link on the 1st page and then put it on my memory card and then choose update from the settings menu? Or do I ned to do anything else first? At the moment my phone is as it was bought to it's not rooted and has the latest Gingervread on.

Guest anything-but

the Full update bricked my phone,the midle update give me update failed,the unlockbootloader for ics say no device found.how to root and instal cwm in b936 ?

Shout less.

It will be something wrong you have done to cause it,the uppdate.app and the repack are fine. I suggest you read some pinned topics that might help you. :)

Guest Dazzozo

the Full update bricked my phone,the midle update give me update failed,the unlockbootloader for ics say no device found.how to root and instal cwm in b936 ?

haha no it didnt lol xd

No seriously, you probably did something dumb.

Guest alan1302

I flash the update.app yesterday from Gb 892. Everything is fine ...

Is that when you have Gingerbread on, and just put the update on the SD card and choose Update from the setting menu?

Guest cozmaky

i resolved the problem with cwm and root i forget to enable the usb debugging,but the middle update or anything that came in app package like middle package give me update failed ,i have this isue since i instaled the full update,i didn't anything dumb just this rom messed up phone my phone

Edited by cozmaky

Guest cozmaky

the new problem is that i cant use cwm i get this error : file_getpro: failed to stat "/sistem/build.prop

e:error in sd/card/v100r001c02b936.zip

(status 7)

instalation aborded

with toggle signature verification

signature verification failed

and that is all no sd card update metod (or insternal storage) no cwm. :(

Guest nsmacd1

the new problem is that i cant use cwm i get this error : file_getpro: failed to stat "/sistem/build.prop

(status 7)

instalation aborded

Are you using a different version of CWM than that you used to backup, as I baced up using Version 6. and had the problem when restoring using Version 5.

Stuffed here need som help please, had it working fine from details page one, started expeimenting, now have build u8818v100r001c17B926, this has 2chinese apps on, no facility for google in "accounts and sync", no play etc and when i try to update to the new zealand build from sd card with anything it comes up aborted, tried holding down + and - keys to force update this fails half way through stage one..........can anybody assist to get back to where i was?.........

Edited by bryfly

Guest Dazzozo

(status 7)

instalation aborded

So, yes, you are doing something wrong.

The full update isn't a CWM zip.

Guest nsmacd1

Re Notification toggles - If I flash B926 via holding down the 2 volume keys and then flash B936 via CWM the toggles should reappear - Is that right, before I wipe my phone (again!)

Guest bladebuddy
Re Notification toggles - If I flash B926 via holding down the 2 volume keys and then flash B936 via CWM the toggles should reappear - Is that right, before I wipe my phone (again!)

If the toggles show on the first flash they will remain after the cwm flash.

Guest cozmaky

So, yes, you are doing something wrong.

The full update isn't a CWM zip.

never mind i resolved with my father sd card,now i am again in the b936,but the midle pack dont work anymore it just give me update failed,and i cant downgrade to 2.3.6.and please dazzo don't give me anymore an advice(i know that the full update isn't a cwm zip)

Guest Dazzozo

never mind i resolved with my father sd card,now i am again in the b936,but the midle pack dont work anymore it just give me update failed,and i cant downgrade to 2.3.6.and please dazzo don't give me anymore an advice(i know that the full update isn't a cwm zip)

(status 7)

Then why the hell were you flashing it in CWM?

Then why the hell were you flashing it in CWM?

You can help me if you wouldnt mind Dazzozo..........post 214........anybody

Ok sorted ......thanks

Edited by bryfly

Guest MrPuddington

I have to say that I am rather impressed. Ok, it is not the most fluid user experience, but it feels better than Gingerbread. And of course ICS just looks a lot better, and it also includes a few nice new features. Sure, more RAM would be very useful, but at this price there is little point in complaining.

Ok, I'm attempting to upgrade from stock 934, using the .app to upgrade and unless it simply takes absolutely ages it seems to have hung with the pink progress bar about a quarter of the way done. Any suggestions?

Ok, I'm attempting to upgrade from stock 934, using the .app to upgrade and unless it simply takes absolutely ages it seems to have hung with the pink progress bar about a quarter of the way done. Any suggestions?

easier to just flash the repacked zip with clockworkmod

if its hanging its not working. try flashing the middle app upgrade downgrade tool. If that doesnt work then you will have to do the imei hack

Edited by luvvt