HoneyIce Play Store Serious Issue - Urgent

Guest billglw

I posted before about an issue with the HoneyIce ROM that makes the updated Google Play Store unusable.

I tried the fix suggested and it worked for a while (clearing the data from the program) but the issue is now back and it blocks access to the Play Store with Force Close messages even when the data has been deleted and the tablet rebooted. I can roll back to a working file which has the 'Market' Icon but it updates within seconds and there seems no way to prevent that as the Market Update app has no changable options.

There has been solutions posted elsewhere about replacing the vending.apk file in the system/app folder and I am probably going to have to go down that road.

Only problem is I need some clear step by stop instuctions to help conect the tablet to a PC and gain acces to the system/app folder to replace the file with the one from VegaComb or I need to find out how to put the vending.apk file on the SD Card and be able to replace the one in system/app using some software.

Can anyone help?

Hope so...... I don't use the tablet a lot but I am close to throwing it against the wall because I can't access any new apps!

Hope to get a soloution soon and hope it'll be something easy!

Cheers!

Guest d_borghi

Hi,

1) delete your account;

2) enter on google store;

3) register your account;

4) into google store, go to your applications

5) tap on "ALL"

6) search "android market"

7) tap on "update"

bye

db

Many thanks for the information.

It sort of worked up to a point.

The following resets the user info and allows access to the store:

1) delete your account;

But that is only good for the time the tablet is active. Once switched off the force close behaviour returns.

5) tap on "ALL"

7) tap on "update"

This does not return any results, I only find 'Android Marketplace' and it offers no option to update.

Am I missing something?

Any help re this issue would be much appriciated.

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

Suggest that you head over to Tabletroms and download and install either

Vegacream RC 2 or Vegabean Beta 3 and your Playstore worries will be

no more.

Oldbarzo

(Stransky)

Guest GedBlake

I posted before about an issue with the HoneyIce ROM that makes the updated Google Play Store unusable.

I tried the fix suggested and it worked for a while (clearing the data from the program) but the issue is now back and it blocks access to the Play Store with Force Close messages even when the data has been deleted and the tablet rebooted. I can roll back to a working file which has the 'Market' Icon but it updates within seconds and there seems no way to prevent that as the Market Update app has no changable options.

There has been solutions posted elsewhere about replacing the vending.apk file in the system/app folder and I am probably going to have to go down that road.

Only problem is I need some clear step by stop instuctions to help conect the tablet to a PC and gain acces to the system/app folder to replace the file with the one from VegaComb or I need to find out how to put the vending.apk file on the SD Card and be able to replace the one in system/app using some software.

Can anyone help?

Hope so...... I don't use the tablet a lot but I am close to throwing it against the wall because I can't access any new apps!

Hope to get a soloution soon and hope it'll be something easy!

Cheers!

Hi, billglw...

I haven't run HoneyIce for several months now, so I'm just speculating here... I wonder if your Market/Play Store problem has something to do with Googles recent implementation of incremental updates, also called 'smart updates', which became active around late August...

Details here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_update

http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/google/android/google-play-store-gets-smart-updates-significantly-reducing-update-file-sizes

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/17/3248874/google-play-store-smart-updates-enabled

HoneyIce was always a bit fussy with regard to Market/PlayStore, and I can easily envisage something like this causing problems.

----------------------------------------------

If you haven't already done so, try the following two possible solutions...

Go to -

-Settings...

--Applications...

---Manage Applications...

Click the ALL tab and scroll down to Google Play Store...

Press ENTER and then press the CLEAR DATA button.

Reboot your tablet.

>>>> ... OR, ALTERNATIVELY ...<<<<

Go to-

-Settings..

--Applications..

---Manage Applications..

Click the ALL tab and scroll down to GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK.

Press ENTER and then press the CLEAR DATA button.

Reboot your tablet.

-Back to Settings...

--Accounts & Sync...

---Highlight your Google account & delete.

Re-enter your Google account details.

----------------------------------------------

If either of these two solutions fail to remedy your problem... then I'd go with Oldbarzo's (Stransky) recommendation of flashing either VegaCream or the sublime VegaBean Beta3... Maybe it's time to upgrade...

One final point... pushing some earlier version of VENDING.APK into /system/app probably won't help, as it will be automatically updated (ie., replaced) to the current version by MARKET UPDATER as soon as you connect to PlayStore... There used to be a technique of 'freezing' the MARKETUPDATER.APK using Titanium, but that particular loophole has subsequently been closed by Google.

GED.

Edited by GedBlake

Guest d_borghi

Many thanks for the information.

It sort of worked up to a point.

The following resets the user info and allows access to the store:

1) delete your account;

But that is only good for the time the tablet is active. Once switched off the force close behaviour returns.

5) tap on "ALL"

7) tap on "update"

This does not return any results, I only find 'Android Marketplace' and it offers no option to update.

Am I missing something?

Any help re this issue would be much appriciated.

hi billglw,

if you don't have the "update" option into "android market" (store>my applications>all) is because you aren't update to google store and you are now into the old market store.

follow my instructions and all will be right.

bye

db

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Alexzandro

D Borghi

Many thanks I was going mad not red Your post before. Thanks also to GedBlake who point me to this thread.

Regards

Alessandro

Edited by Alexzandro