[ROM][ICS] BASED ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 Custom Rom U8818 baseband 2030 ROM LINKS UPDATED

Guest wrtease

Guest djalpha

I have a few problems with the Galaxy S3 rom by Bruno

-Google Chrome doesn't work

-Google Search shall be incompatible (Play Store)

-only english keyboard

I hope that the developer may fix these problems

I have a few problems with the Galaxy S3 rom by Bruno

-Google Chrome doesn't work

-Google Search shall be incompatible (Play Store)

-only english keyboard

I hope that the developer may fix these problems

Just tried Google chrome and Google search on my phone with this rom both working fine......

Guest djalpha

Just tried Google chrome and Google search on my phone with this rom both working fine......

I will try install it again. But I have done a complete clean installation. May these cause the problems? It would wonder me

Guest djalpha

I have done a complete clean install (including wipe data and format system) I still get those errors

[EDIT] These are errors on Brunos Rom B944!

post-985873-13525001688917_thumb.jpg

post-985873-13525001825965_thumb.jpg

Edited by djalpha

Hi Guys,

Installed this ROM the other day the only word I have to describe it is WOW.

Smooth, sleek, transitions are flawless .... Great great job......What updates (if any are you planning)

Had a few random reboots ..Baseband maybe ?? Not sure ...

Guest flixblixclix

Can anyone provide me the developer link for this Galaxy s3 rom.... and i really don't find what is the latest version is out for this.....

and anyone tried 308 kernel on this rom......

Guest tomcat_

ok i have installed the ICS keyboard with a link posted at page 5 from this thread. I tried to extract the stock ICS keyboard from other ROMs but i couldn't get it to install.

I'm using the U8815_B944_GS3_Bruno_v1-1.zip version.

Bruno, it would be great if you can pack that keyboard as well on your zip.

Just some questions:

1. On the keyboard i have installed the LatinIME.apk but do i also need the LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk to go with it? When i press the app to install (via file explorer) it fails to install. If i need the dictionary app do i need to just drop it inside the system/app folder?

2. I'm having an issue with the flash plugin for Chrome, or stock browser. When i browse on a site that has embedded youtube video is not showing it. However i suspect that this is an ICS issue and not a ROM specific? Any idea how i can fix that?

3. google search was not installed by default, so i extracted the app from another ROM and i installed it. However, any idea where i can find the transparent widget for it as the current one is the filled with solid colour.

*edit* 4. i have discovered that every time i reboot the phone the default storage place goes to internal and not sd.

thanks

Edited by tomcat_

Guest tomcat_

ok i have installed the ICS keyboard with a link posted at page 5 from this thread. I tried to extract the stock ICS keyboard from other ROMs but i couldn't get it to install.

I'm using the U8815_B944_GS3_Bruno_v1-1.zip version.

Bruno, it would be great if you can pack that keyboard as well on your zip.

Just some questions:

1. On the keyboard i have installed the LatinIME.apk but do i also need the LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk to go with it? When i press the app to install (via file explorer) it fails to install. If i need the dictionary app do i need to just drop it inside the system/app folder?

2. I'm having an issue with the flash plugin for Chrome, or stock browser. When i browse on a site that has embedded youtube video is not showing it. However i suspect that this is an ICS issue and not a ROM specific? Any idea how i can fix that?

3. google search was not installed by default, so i extracted the app from another ROM and i installed it. However, any idea where i can find the transparent widget for it as the current one is the filled with solid colour.

*edit* 4. i have discovered that every time i reboot the phone the default storage place goes to internal and not sd.

thanks

well i have managed to find solutions for the first 3 or i can live without them, however number 4, with the SD card still exists.

Everytime i restart default storage goes back to internal

anyone else having the same issue pls?

Guest Colossae3.23

No sorry it stays set on SD card for me, but needed to change it at install

Also +1 using the 3.08 kernel

Only problem I having is an occasional error that says gapps has stopped. Not sure what it means and there are no obvious effects; if I just press OK it goes away. Strange?

well i have managed to find solutions for the first 3 or i can live without them, however number 4, with the SD card still exists.

Everytime i restart default storage goes back to internal

anyone else having the same issue pls?

Guest Colossae3.23

rom on op for me, no actually I think its the latest version a few pages back. I don't think the op gets updated anymore.

Didn't really fancy the other one

@Colossae3.23 and bryfly

are you guys using the ROM from the first page, or from the latest pages with Bruno repack?

used both but I am now using Bruno's repack link in post #424

Guest wrtease

update yes i dont update anymore as have not got a g300 anymore.so if anyone wants to update the thread and start a new thread go ahead.i was a nice mobile but have changed to another mobile .good luck to all on here .i will still be on the g300 site even if i dont have a g300.

Edited by wrtease

Guest wrtease

i have still got my samsung galaxy wonder and have got a samsung i9000 8gb which has lots of internal memory and ,have got it running full custom jb c-rom mix v6.0 .all working great.got it for very little.i use it daily now.its not the newest but custom roms are ten a penny.and i like it.easy to use and root and clockwork easy and roms easy.

Edited by wrtease

hello, i have a problem with this rom. Sometime someone call me the phone show only the number but not the name of contact. Do you have this problem ?

This problem comes from the Huawei Roms this Rom is based on. They all have this problem. There is nothing You can do but wait till this is fixed in CM9.