[ROM][ICS] BASED ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 Custom Rom U8818 baseband 2030 ROM LINKS UPDATED

Guest wrtease

I dont know about gapps, but they are easy to find and install after you flash the rom (and find out wether you need gapps or not).

Here are few translations of comments from that serbian forum about this rom:

Default storage is SD card, even after reboot, connecting to PC, etc.

Done by editing vold.fstab in system/etc (it decides which card is a default one).

Atuntu score is 3887 (without OC). Did few tweaks for fast & smooth action

(system/lib/egl/egl.cfg deleted line for software render-decode, so job is up to

gpu ardeno200, while scrolling - it flies)

Gps.conf adjusted for europe - fast GPS fix, etc.

All in all - fast and stable rom for daily use.

Advice: delete clock pro and google search.

Link2sd should be working.

You can install Pauls OC kernel #19.

Btw, Users from sebian forum are delighted with this rom.

Bruno is working on Baidu rom customisation too.

• 2 weeks later...

Bruno released a new S3 flavour rom:

Original post link:

http://forum.androidsrbija.com/viewtopic.php?f=258&t=3739&start=340#p80785
V1wrqgj.jpg (translation from serbian): B952_S3 rom
http://www.4shared.com/get/YYLLsJed/B952_Bruno_s3_-1febr.html[/code]

If you want dialer in ICS style get this file and replace in system/app,

permission rw-r-r (644):

[code]http://www.4shared.com/get/PUmjNfDO/Contacts.html[/code]
Kernel is replaceble, any one that fits to b952 will be fine. Here`s the link for stock b952 rom, where external sd card is set to be default one:
[CODE]http://www.4shared.com/get/e0eguSRt/HW_G300_B952_Bruno_V3_stock_SD.html[/code]

As folks from serbin forum report, rom is very smooth, with a lot of free ram!

Edited by dakok

after a few hours i decided to remove this rom... battery drains too much, got one freeze (first time ever since i bought this phone), and the background glitches the whole time (especially in lockscreen) + it gets pretty unsmooth & laggy after a few hours of use (yes i did a full wipe before installing the rom)

so i dont recommend this rom at all

Edited by y4ss1n

Guest wrtease

the early versions 1.6 and 2.1 were the best roms that i used on the g300 when i had it .it is good to see that people are still trying the samsung roms and with many different versions some will be better and some rubbish but thats the fun off testing roms .i havent got g300 anymore but still follow the forum when i can . good luck to all that use the g300.

Guest LMariachi

wrtease is rigth.

This new version is very nice. I think i'll stop changing roms like crazy and stay with this one. It's just very light and smooth and s3 based theme.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vlajko1

This is ROM I like the most of all I've tried so far, but I have a weird problem with it. Everything works fine except Google services that refuse to use wireless, and work only via mobile internet, which is ridiculous. :) Play store, GMail, Youtube... all work only when I'm using mobile data, as soon as I switch to wireless I get "connection timed out", although my wireless works perfectly.

Anyone had similar problems and maybe has a fix? :P

Guest hippy dave

Try clearing the data for Google services framework? (Think that was the one...)

Edit: oh yeah, then reboot.

Edited by hippy dave

Guest Rashid6156

I installed it today....initially it was too lagy...then i got rid of chinese Apps....flashed ICS gapps...and it become so smooth....but after a min when i tried to use wifi it gave error ...any thing related to google was not useable like Gmail, Google play store, Youtube even i was unable to browse google.com while every other link was loading fine......

I cleared all the hosts entries and retried "System/etc/hosts" and everything became functional thank God:-)

This rom looks great and working great uptill now, my antutu score 3992 , Thanks Dev:-)

Edited by Rashid6156

Guest LMariachi

The latest and rigth version is the one in this page posted by Dakok. Everything works fine. Just 2 things missing, Corporate E-Mail application and GoogleTalk, dispate that, gapps are included. Those two have to be installed manually.

Touchscreen is nearly perfect, performance is very good, and battery life also very good.

Guest Rashid6156

Bruno's rom is better .

The Rom in OP has following downsides

• Its bit slow
  • Chinese apps
  • Missing gapps
  • Need to remove host files to access goggle servers.

Guest vlajko1

I installed it today....initially it was too lagy...then i got rid of chinese Apps....flashed ICS gapps...and it become so smooth....but after a min when i tried to use wifi it gave error ...any thing related to google was not useable like Gmail, Google play store, Youtube even i was unable to browse google.com while every other link was loading fine......

I cleared all the hosts entries and retried "System/etc/hosts" and everything became functional thank God:-)

This rom looks great and working great uptill now, my antutu score 3992 , Thanks Dev:-)

OOOOOK, slow down for us with cheaper tickets. :)

When you say "I cleared all the hosts entries and retried "System/etc/hosts"", how exactly does one do that please? :) Sorry, I'm slow.