[ROM] IKB [b940 base] b3 [updated 26-09]

Guest dt_matthews

Guest Alkapton

I also find there is no phone after installing from 936 and doing all the wipes. I go into settings as soon as I select mobile networks settings crashes so for me this rom turns phone into a brick:-(

Guest Alkapton

Well something is very very weird went back to 936, just did reset and wipe cache (no dorvak wipe) and everything works. Just I have to wait till I get home to re-root.

Guest Alkapton

I also add... on first boot I had a dead signal strength icon in the notification bar. I rebooted and as well as the problem with settings crashing there was no signal strength icon in top line of phone. I am uk and on 3.

Guest fillwatertank

Hi all! Did anyone try this new build? (i've read that imei and broadband gone after flashing this rom, though its blazing fast. (then they sadly shift back to infusion or vendor ics) im on infusion now but i would like to give it a try. how about this stuff's memory footprint? any experience?

Guest dt_matthews

is this the same as favaroo rom, how does the overclocking work can i install just overclock bit over my b940 rom

if you just want overclocking, you can cwm one of the two over-clocked kernels in this forum, if you want to try this rom the over-clocked kernel and CPU Settings app are already included, you just need to set your desired clock speed settings and governer in the app.

Guest Alkapton

Ok I fixed my problem, I fjlashed other (infusion?) 940 where wifi not working then directly flashed your rom with NO wipes and everything seems good. Now to re-install everything...

Guest Alkapton

It is odd and anoying that despite it looking in settings that you can default to internal sim to store apps - you can't. Instead they get installed in internal storage... This soon becomes full so there is nowhere for google store updates to go.

Took me 2 hours to figure the problem and move the apps:-(

Guest dt_matthews

It is odd and anoying that despite it looking in settings that you can default to internal sim to store apps - you can't. Instead they get installed in internal storage... This soon becomes full so there is nowhere for google store updates to go.

Took me 2 hours to figure the problem and move the apps:-(

'default to internal sim' - dont know what you mean, there is internal storage, or optionally your sd card. you cannot store applications (other than those 'tools' provided by your network provider) on a sim card.

By default this rom is configured to store to your external sd card.

Some users who have non Fat32 formatted sd cards see prompts about their sd card not being detected (but this can in fact be ignored and the card still mounts fine).

Guest Alkapton

You can have external sd. There is internal 2G sd - should start off empty after rom installed.

There is also just over 700mb internal storage (ram). I am saying after restoring my apps internal sd empty nothing there - you fill up internal storage instead - someone complain earlier but called internal storage internal sd - i know why he went back to 934 or whatever now.

Guest dt_matthews

You can have external sd. There is internal 2G sd - should start off empty after rom installed.

There is also just over 700mb internal storage (ram). I am saying after restoring my apps internal sd empty nothing there - you fill up internal storage instead - someone complain earlier but called internal storage internal sd - i know why he went back to 934 or whatever now.

your post really isnt making much sense. default storage is set to point to the external sd card, you can change this in settings. RAM is not persistent storage (and you mean 2GB not 2G). My internal card is essentially empty [2 emty folders].

You just need to set whatever app you used to restore your apps to restore to the right mount point:

ie. by default, the rom mounts the devices as:

external card == /mnt/sdcard

internal card == /mnt/sdcard2

Edited by dt_matthews

Guest Alkapton

The point i make and person above is we could not install apps to internal 2GB sd... settings says that where apps go but they end up in 760mb internal storage instead.

The point i make and person above is we could not install apps to internal 2GB sd... settings says that where apps go but they end up in 760mb internal storage instead.

Apps get installed to the 760MB storage....pretty much always by default.

If you go to apps then click on the app in question you can click on move to SD card(internal if no external). That's what that 2GB storage is, an inbuilt SD card.

At least that's the way I think it works :)

Guest michal.siman

BTW: In first post, on the screenshot, is weather widget, with the temperature graph, looks like yr.no. Somebody know whitch widget it is? I tried search it, but on the market is lots of weather widget ... :-( thaks too much!

Guest dt_matthews

Apps get installed to the 760MB storage....pretty much always by default.

If you go to apps then click on the app in question you can click on move to SD card(internal if no external). That's what that 2GB storage is, an inbuilt SD card.

At least that's the way I think it works

I just use Link2SD to create symlinks :)