Calendar Question

Guest Hoggonator

Guest Hoggonator

Hi

This is probably a really basic question and I will get laughed at for not knowing but.....

I set a years worth of repeating appointments up in Gmail with appropriate alarms and assumed as these had synced to the phone that I would get a notification in the notification area at the appropriate time (for an example for some Birthdays I set up 2 reminders, one for 3 days to ensure a card was sent and one for 1 day to remind me to contact the person to say happy Birthday.

What I have noticed is that I get no reminders.

I performed a test on the phone and entered a test appointment under account phone and the reminder works fine.

Does anyone know of a way to get appointments set up in Google to send the same type of reminder to the notification bar?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Colossae3.23

Hi

This is probably a really basic question and I will get laughed at for not knowing but.....

I set a years worth of repeating appointments up in Gmail with appropriate alarms and assumed as these had synced to the phone that I would get a notification in the notification area at the appropriate time (for an example for some Birthdays I set up 2 reminders, one for 3 days to ensure a card was sent and one for 1 day to remind me to contact the person to say happy Birthday.

I performed a test on the phone and entered a test appointment under account phone and the reminder works fine.

Does anyone know of a way to get appointments set up in Google to send the same type of reminder to the notification bar?

Thanks in advance.

try the nudink app from the market. Poor interface, but it works great for custom reminders and snoozes. Maybe that'll do what you want?

Hi

Thanks in advance.

I use aCalendar from the Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.withouthat.acalendar&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Guest Hoggonator

Cheers for the recommendations on other applications, however the standard calendar does seem to work fine as long as you set the appointment up in the phone. Trouble is I set all mine up in google/gmail they automatically synced to the phone and the notifications do not appear. There seems to be no way to convert these and that is what I was looking for.

Guest Colossae3.23

Cheers for the recommendations on other applications, however the standard calendar does seem to work fine as long as you set the appointment up in the phone. Trouble is I set all mine up in google/gmail they automatically synced to the phone and the notifications do not appear. There seems to be no way to convert these and that is what I was looking for.

not sure, mate. All my entries go into the Google calendar only, and never the phone calendar. And it works for me. Maybe a setting in the calendar? I know you can choose which calendar to display, in the ICS stock calendar app. You've probably done that though...

Guest Hoggonator

Do they have pop up notifications?

Hi, they did not, that was not an option there was only reminders.

I think I have sussed it, in the calendar I exported all the appointments from the MORE option using the menu key on the phone and exported the gmail calendar entries, then I performed an import and imported them to the phone. It is a bit messy and now I have two appointments for each event so will need to tidy that up.

i ve setup the settings for notification on pc (google calendar, settings and i added birthdays from contacts, facebook etc.).. for better interface i use acalendar and everything works including notifications... u can setup even email/sms notifications - didnt try it tho..