mobi-city offering £49.99 group buy ICS tablet

Guest FredNews

Guest FredNews

mobicity are currently offering a 'group buy' deal on an Android Ice Cream Sandwich tablet, an Allwinner A13 / 7" / WVGA / 512MB RAM / 8GB ROM machine for only £49.99 + £4.99 delivery.

The tablet, wearing the 'KiDiGi' brand more normally associated with device docks, will actually be dispatched on 22nd October provided a minimum order of 50 is reached. It's not the latest and greatest technology, but it IS only 50 quid. The full specs...

• CPU : Allwinner A13 1.5 GHz CPU
  • Separate 1080p 3D enabled Graphics Processor
  • 5 point multi touch capacitive WVGA (800x480) touchscreen
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
  • 512MB DDR3 RAM
  • 8GB NAND Flash
  • microSD expansion
  • 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
  • 2800 mAh battery
  • microUSB
  • Google Play Store
  • G Sensor
  • 232 x 168 x 8mm
  • 319g

Good for the kids perhaps...? Head on over to mobicity to order.

Click here to view the item

Guest Sere83

Ok but.....if you don't mind importing, £14 more gets you a dual core AMLogic based 1024x600, 1Gb of Ram, Ramos W17 Pro, which will run rings around this....

http://ipadalternative.com/79-ramos-w17pro-7-inch-android-tablet-aml8726-mx-cortex-a9-dual-core-hd-screen-1gb-ram-16g.html

No personal experience of the store, but run by some English guys I believe and I've heard good things.

Guest Sere83

Yeah but no offence that one you linked to looks awful.

Lol, well what do you expect for £69! The allwinner A13 is one of the weakest off all the single core chipsets used in chinese devices and surely no one in their right mind wants to browse on an a horrible low res 800x480 display, the experience would just be painful, not even worth the £55 pricetag IMHO.

The Ramos W17 runs a Dual core A9 AmLogic chipset with a dual core mali 400 GPU, That clocks a touch higher than the the TI Omap 4460 chipset and even beats out the Exynos 4210 in certain benches, it also has 1Gb ram and a good (although non IPS) 1024x600 display.

You can't really tell me you would prefer to save £14 and have slightly better looking but vastly inferior hardware? They are both Chinese built anyway and probably of very similar build quality.

I don't mind the look, I'd be more bothered about the extra bill from customs afterwards.

I'm not sure where you are but every time I've ordered from China to the UK, there has never been any tax charged because the packages are often declared as 'Gifts' or at a low value.

Ah that was my mistake - I ordered an item from a store in the USA, they sent the wrong one, sent me a second one and told me not to bother about a return and then I got hit for import costs on both of them.

So their website claims it was £99.99 and is now £49.99...

So how come it's listed on Amazon for £59.99 with of mention of it being discounted?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KiDiGi-Version-Android-Processor-Sandwich/dp/B009KN02UG/ref=sr_1_1

Sounds like one of those temporary price increase sales?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rameses

Well, mine arrived today. I was a bit sceptical at first as the packaging left a lot to be desired. Basically the tablet came in a jiffy bag with the charger, usb and usb flash drive cables all loose.

However once I fired the tablet up I was pleasantly suprised. I've not used it in anger yet but it certainly seems snappy and the screen is nice and bright. The touchscreen is very responsive too.

For £50 and as an Xmas present for my 6 year old, it definatelyt beats the cr@p I bought her from V-Tech last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok but.....if you don't mind importing, £14 more gets you a dual core AMLogic based 1024x600, 1Gb of Ram, Ramos W17 Pro, which will run rings around this....

http://ipadalternati...gb-ram-16g.html

No personal experience of the store, but run by some English guys I believe and I've heard good things.

i would rather take this from here http://www.merimobiles.com/copy-of-teclast-p75hd-7-inch-ips-1024-600-with-android-4-0-1-0ghz-8gb-2160p-otg_p/meri4840.htm

i just received a similar spec tablet from here for my daughter this, very fast with a great implementation of jelly bean

did not have to pay a penny customs, got delivered as normal took about 3 weeks

total cost was £62 with delivery

i highly recommend the RK3066 chipset

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.