• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Rants about my new Galaxy Note 2

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

4x4 Grid icons on the Homescreen !!!! What rubbish !! My old Note had a 5x5 icon display. Why not here when the bottom grid has 5 icons !!

Is there any solution to make this into a 5x5 grid on the homescreen like the GN1 !?

Posted · Report post

Install another launcher!!!

Many custom roms and modded tw launchers to come..dnt worry bud

Posted · Report post

Install another launcher!!!

Many custom roms and modded tw launchers to come..dnt worry bud

I know. But why did Samsung do such an idiotic thing?

Posted · Report post

Installed Nova launcher with a 6x5 grid, but you loose functionality like pop up when you remove the S-pen etc.

Posted · Report post

The extra row has been removed because the previous screen was 1280x800 and the new screen resolution is 1280x720 however due to lack of pentile display this ensures they look roughly the same in terms of quality and clarity

Posted · Report post

The extra row has been removed because the previous screen was 1280x800 and the new screen resolution is 1280x720 however due to lack of pentile display this ensures they look roughly the same in terms of quality and clarity

They have reduced one column too. From 5 to 4. In the bottom row they have 5 icons.

It's the question of managing the real estate better on a huge screen.

Posted · Report post

What I'm finding is that the screen is MUCH MUCH less vibrant when it's on Auto Brightness, it looks very muddied. Tbh, even when I turn it off I don't get the sharpness/vibrant look as I used to get on my SII.

I don't know but I feel a 1920x1080 display would be perfect rather than 720p.

Posted · Report post

Interesting, I will test this out with the auto brightness..

According to gsmarena.com, Samsun S II has inferior dpi screen pixels compared to the Note II. the Samsun SIII however should be better than Note II:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4238&idPhone2=4854

Posted · Report post

not entirely true.

the ppi is higher on the s3, but the note 2 has more sppi.

the subpixel layout makes the note 2 screen look a little sharper than the s3 screen(to my eyes at least)

on the s3 i can see a grid of what appears to be tiny diamond shapes when i look at it from about 10-20cm

the note 2 has a grid of squares(like most screens) but i can only see it at about 5cm distance.