Who's sticking with Orange firmware - the 'we want to keep our warranty, but we really want ICS now' support group

Guest Ribs85

Guest BlueMoonRising

I also like that it's much much easier to revert the Xolo to a pure stock ROM. I removed all the custom stuff (SocialGallery eww) and replaced with stock files & replaced some system apps so they would update properly (such as Google Calendar) and replaced the horrible music app with the nice Google Music one. I might even share this system when I get my phone back and finish it all off as it would be useful for other people.. I just need to figure out the best way of doing so.

I would be interested in that.

I also like that it's much much easier to revert the Xolo to a pure stock ROM. I removed all the custom stuff (SocialGallery eww) and replaced with stock files & replaced some system apps so they would update properly (such as Google Calendar) and replaced the horrible music app with the nice Google Music one. I might even share this system when I get my phone back and finish it all off as it would be useful for other people.. I just need to figure out the best way of doing so.

You could make a tool like rickywyatt does, that will push the system maybe ?

In a sense be like custom rom lol

Guest Simon O

heh I'm not clever enough for that sort of thing. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a 'stock' pack adding to Rickys tool which will essentially remove the small amount of bloat from a virgin Xolo ICS ROM then pushing replacement files over. I'm going to odex the system apps I've replaced as well as personally I prefer having system stuff odexed to save space on the /data partition :D

And CRT-style screen off animation. That was the very first thing I enabled. Everyone wants that right? :D