[Q] ROM suggestion for Orange Monte Carlo pls?

Guest greg-uk

Guest greg-uk

Hi,

I unlocked my friends Mum's Orange Monte Carlo yesterday, which went fine. I then stupidly decided to flash a custom ROM as the "Orange'ness" was driving me nuts! I flashed this one, link, and all went well but the ROM was missing predictive text / dictionary and I also missed the fact that the XT9 keyboard had been removed. After a bit of driving the ROM it also wouldn't allow me to set an MP3 as the ringtone:-(

So, finally on to my point ..... could someone suggest a stable ROM pls? It doesn't need to be cutting edge but I do need the following....

Good battery life

Spell checker / predictive text

XT9 keyboard

Set music files as ringtones / notifications

Debranded

Rooted

Oh yeah, if it could be applied via clockwork recovery that would be great.

Many thanks

Greg-UK

Samsung Galaxy S2 running SuperNexus

Guest razzmataz1478

Just download ice cream sandwich keyboard off the play store. The rom you have has the best battery life.

To set as ringtone go in music and long hold the song.

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest greg-uk

Just download ice cream sandwich keyboard off the play store. The rom you have has the best battery life.

To set as ringtone go in music and long hold the song.

Hi razzmataz1478,

I'll give the keyboard a go when I next get my hands on the phone. I noticed there are a few 'ice cream sandwich keyboards' in the market, is there one that you could recommend pls?

I had been trying to set the ringtone by the long hold and chose as ringtone method but for some reason the ringtone didn't change! The file I was selecting plays fine as a music file. Any ideas on how to resolve that pls?

Many thanks for your help:-)

Cheers

Greg