MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

Fastboot for Grand X

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

I am trying to test CWM but don't know how to get into fastboot mode. When I try [b]adb reboot bootloader[/b], I get nothing - phone reboots into normal (user) mode. Powering on with VOL- doesn't boot the phone, red LED lights up, the screen remains blank but [b]fastboot devices[/b] does not give any response.

After rooting the phone, I made [b]dd[/b] copy of system (/dev/block/mmcblk0p3), boot (/dev/block/mmcblk0p2) and recovery (/dev/block/mmcblk0p1) partitions but I am not sure if that is enough to have a safe backup. Any suggestions on that?

I built CWM with recovery builder (from stock recovery I pulled out) and would like to boot into it without flashing it (using [b]fastboot boot recovery.img[/b]). Do I need to use NVFlash or what? Anyone knows if the bootloader is locked? How can I check if it is (without bricking the phone :D )?

For those who are more familiar with these things, below is partitions layout. Is there is any other interesting info to pull from the phone so more knowledgeable people can give us hints how to get recovery ported for this phone?

[CODE]
mount
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/UDA /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,errors=panic,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,journal_async_commit,nodelalloc,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CAC /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,errors=panic,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,journal_async_commit,nodelalloc,data=writeback 0 0
/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/MDM /mnt/modem ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /zteconfig ext4 rw,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:11 /mnt/sdcard2 vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:11 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard2/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:33 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/asec/com.mantano.reader.android.lite-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/dm-1 /mnt/asec/com.stt.android-1 vfat ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,fmask=0222,dmask=0222,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

shell@android:/ $ ls -l /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/
ls -l /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-06-28 11:51 APP -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-06-28 11:51 CAC -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p4
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-06-28 11:51 LNX -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-06-28 11:51 MDA -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-06-28 11:51 MSC -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-06-28 11:51 PER -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p7
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-06-28 11:51 SOS -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-06-28 11:51 UDA -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
lrwxrwxrwx root root 2012-06-28 11:51 USP -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
[/CODE]

Google found for me that following are mappings into androind partitions

[CODE] APP -> system
CAC -> cache
LNX -> boot.img
MDA -> Unknown
MSC -> Misc (bootloader commands and other misc stuff )
PER -> usually a fat partition containing sensor calibration etc. - per device provisioned.
SOS -> recovery.img
UDA -> /data - "user data area"
USP -> Staging[/CODE]

Posted · Report post

Yay! I wish I could help but I am just gonna thank you for at least trying to develop custom recovery!

Posted · Report post

is the bootloader not locked on this device

Posted · Report post

I don't know. How can I check if it is locked?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='kliskobg' timestamp='1349780991' post='2034270']
I don't know. How can I check if it is locked?
[/quote]

not been able to get into bootloader mode might be a sign its locked,

best guy to ask about what you are doing is seb > [url="http://www.modaco.com/user/764508-sebastian404/"]http://www.modaco.co...8-sebastian404/[/url]
maybe ask him if can take a look at your thread

Posted · Report post

Can anyone check this? http://jenkins.cyanogenmod.com/job/recovery/7088/ Some one compile it and posted on one Serbian forum that is for Grand X, but no one has try it. Me neither.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I uploaded the stock recovery to recovery builder which generated CWM from the link in CoaBalboa's post. I'd like to try to boot into it without flashing it the phone but haven't been able to do so. If any one can help, I am open for suggestions.

From what I learned, LG O2X is also tegra 2 based so I tried to get into APX mode following [url="http://www.modaco.com/topic/335416-nvflash-setup-instructions-drivers-links-active/"]this thread[/url] but nothing really happens when I connect the phone to PC. I am out of ideas what to do, so I'll go with what tillaz has suggested and PM Sebastian404. Tillaz, thanks for the tip.

edit:[b] [/b]cannot send PM to Sebastian404 :( Edited by kliskobg

according to [url="http://bbs.xda.cn/thread-11088387-1-1.html"]Chinese version of xda forums[/url], root & recovery are achieved
Willing to try, but seem that recovery are all in Chinese.
Maybe someone can translate in english

Downloaded files, and uploaded [url="http://www.multiupload.nl/VKM7ZL99YJ"]here[/url]

Files included:
zteU970_Tools.exe (another root method)
recovery-off-open-adb.img

Instructions are on Cninese XDA site (use Goggle translate) Edited by rassha

Posted · Report post

look here, he has a tut for clockworkmod on the zte v970 (grand x)

it might not work with the tegra 2 versions though

[url="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856578"]http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1856578[/url]

Someone need to test it...

edit:

copied from topic:
i just figured that i have a phone with Tegra chipset, so can't use your ROM Edited by CoaBalboa

[quote name='rassha' timestamp='1349981780' post='2036267']
according to [url="http://bbs.xda.cn/thread-11088387-1-1.html"]Chinese version of xda forums[/url], root & recovery are achieved
Willing to try, but seem that recovery are all in Chinese.
Maybe someone can translate in english

Downloaded files, and uploaded [url="http://www.multiupload.nl/VKM7ZL99YJ"]here[/url]

Files included:
zteU970_Tools.exe (another root method)
recovery-off-open-adb.img

Instructions are on Cninese XDA site (use Goggle translate)
[/quote]

This is where we should look, Chinese u970 is almost identical to ours Grand X, it have tegra but stock clocked at 1,2ghz and 1gb of ram.
There is even a MIUI version for U970 with instruction on how to root & install it from recovery, but all is in Chinese and I don't know if its safe to do it on our Grand X, if there would be any hardware issues because of its differences.

[url="http://translate.google.pl/translate?hl=pl&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.miui.com%2Fa-239.html"]Miui for U970[/url] Edited by bartasrex

Posted · Report post

trying to dump system and boot.img, but get error: permission denied

but adb pull /system working

Posted · Report post

tried to flash the recovery from MIUI site but when i booted to it there is no back light and i can only navigate by pressing down the - vol key, but i cant enter any option, pressing power button to chose does nothing. could anyone provide a stock recovery form his phone so i can flash it?

here [url="http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/77124716/file.html"]D[/url]ownload

p.s. this is just rar archive with recovery what i adb pulled from my stock rom.

can you provide link to site where you downloaded custom recovery? Edited by killar_aka_arabu

Posted · Report post

i have translated the tools which was provided on the [url="http://www.miui.com/a-239.html"]miui site[/url] and uploaded them [url="http://wyslijto.pl/files/download/s793q9zm5a"]here[/url]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='killar_aka_arabu' timestamp='1350218228' post='2037845']
here [url="http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/77124716/file.html"]D[/url]ownload

p.s. this is just rar archive with recovery what i adb pulled from my stock rom.

can you provide link to site where you downloaded custom recovery?
[/quote]

could you help me with it? how can i push it to my phone?

Posted · Report post

there are thread with stock rom
download it and put to sdcard

then turn off the phone and conect to usb cable
when phone showing charging battery, open cmd and locate adb files, then type
adb reboot recovery

then apply update from sdcard and choose file

Posted · Report post

but as i said, my recovery is kind of broken, after i flashed the one i have downloaded from miui site. i'm not able to choose any option;/

Posted · Report post

try this with adb

adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery-from-boot.p of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1

Posted · Report post

did as you said and now it wont even boot to recovery. good thing is that system is still working, phone is booting and is fully usable, but without recovery i cant install anything and do factory reset;/

Posted · Report post

try this:
flash again custom recovery from MIUI
boot phone and
go to settings - about phone - software update - update from sd-card

this isn't working too, my version is form uk, and the system is named GEN_UK_GRANDX1.0.0B02, mayby i should find a system for uk device?

i have the following information after trying to flash this rom you provided:
failed to verify the whole-file signature
signature verification failed
installation aborted Edited by bartasrex

just now i have verified zte support from UK, and unluckelly, they not provide Downloads for this device(((

only russian support have alvaiable downloads for this device(

meybe try to unpack only build.prop file from /system folder, open in notepad and change this -> [b]GEN_AP_P943HV1.0.0B10[/b] to this -> [b][color=#4E565E][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif][size=3]GEN_UK_GRANDX1.0.0B02[/size][/font][/color][/b][color=#4E565E][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif][size=3] [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#4E565E][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif][size=3]save and put it back in archive to /system folder (delete old build.prop and paste new)[/size][/font][/color] Edited by killar_aka_arabu

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bartasrex' timestamp='1350218535' post='2037848']
i have translated the tools which was provided on the [url="http://www.miui.com/a-239.html"]miui site[/url] and uploaded them [url="http://wyslijto.pl/files/download/s793q9zm5a"]here[/url]
[/quote]

this is for zte u970 (with 1.2Ghz processor, 8mpx camera and 1gb ram), but too is tegra 2.

bartasrex, here you can find recovery I pulled from my phone (mine is not from UK either, look at my location):

[url="http://jenkins.cyanogenmod.com/job/recovery/7088/"]http://jenkins.cyano.../recovery/7088/[/url]

inputrecovery.img should be the original one, while recovery.img is supposed to be CWM recovery build based on factory recovery. I have't tried flashing any of these back to my phone. Edited by kliskobg