ZTE Skate/Cyanogen 7 - Proximity Sensor

Guest ticalex

Guest ticalex

Hello again!

After getting my phone to work with help from this forum last week I am hoping that I might have the same luck again. I am having issues with the proximity sensor on and off with my phone. There is an option in "Device Settings" to calibrate the sensor which will hold out for a day or so it seems, but then eventually I will finish a phonecall and have no response from the screen. In order to get it back I either have to plug it into mains, get someone to ring me or reset it.

Is there an easy permanent fix? I did read something about locking values in the proximity sensor data but that didn't make sense to me and also I don't know what proximity sensor revision I have or how to find out!

Thanks for any help you can give!

:)

Guest utternoob

There is a version of the skate called the SFR Staraddict. C3C0 made kernels for these phones because their proximity sensor is different. Try flashing the S3 for CM7 based roms

Guest ticalex

Sorry you still aren't making much sense. What exactly are you suggesting I do? I'm not wanting to change the rom on my phone, quite happy with that at the moment - I'm wanting to fix the proximity sensor issue and looking advice on steps to take on doing this.

Also how do I find out if I have an "SFR Staraddict".

Thanks