Help!!!installed chainfire 3d, now stuck on xolo boot screen

Guest jammybgud2008

Guest jammybgud2008

okay i found a way to boot into recovery from fastboot

power off phone

hold power and vol + untill you see the blue android man next

hold camera vol - and and power button keep holding all 3 buttons and tap the vol +

once you get the boot menu move to recovery with the vol - then tape the camera key to enter recovery

hi, only have to hold power an tap vol+ to get the menu up with recovery option.

as before, when i select recovery with camera key it boots to a screen with the usb icon and stays there.

when it first happened(5am today) it installed the medfield device drivers and acknowledged the device but nothing else.

thanks for your efforts guys

Guest rickywyatt

you could try this open the xolo ics update.zip you will see a file called recovery.img move that to your adb folder open cmd and cd to that folder then boot the fone into bootloader then type fastboot -i 0x8087 flash recovery recovery.img once done reboot phone to recovery and flash the xolo update

if that dont work then open the xolo ics update.zip you will see a file called for boot.img move that to your adb folder open cmd and cd to that folder then boot the fone into bootloader then type fastboot -i 0x8087 flash boot boot.img nce done reboot phone to recovery and flash the xolo update

Guest vermat17

Off topic......but has anyone noticed there are loads of guests viewing this forum sinse root?

I wonder how many orange/xolo/Intel lol..........learning how to patch things up.

I'm partly guilty, sometimes I don't bother to sign in :P

Guest jammybgud2008

you could try this open the xolo ics update.zip you will see a file called recovery.img move that to your adb folder open cmd and cd to that folder then boot the fone into bootloader then type fastboot -i 0x8087 flash recovery recovery.img once done reboot phone to recovery and flash the xolo update

if that dont work then open the xolo ics update.zip you will see a file called for boot.img move that to your adb folder open cmd and cd to that folder then boot the fone into bootloader then type fastboot -i 0x8087 flash boot boot.img nce done reboot phone to recovery and flash the xolo update

nice 1 ricky, i now have recovery. unfortunately it appears i deleted the update.zip from my storage. what a noob!!

Guest rickywyatt

this works but i cant do it as i use 3g for my internet you need some one with root and good with adb thay will need to type this with cmd

adb shell

su

cat /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 >/sdcard/system.img

then upload it for you so you can flash it with bootloader

fastboot -i 0x8087 flash system system.img

just tested it and it works good news

Guest jammybgud2008

this works but i cant do it as i use 3g for my internet you need some one with root and good with adb thay will need to type this with cmd

adb shell

su

cat /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 >/sdcard/system.img

then upload it for you so you can flash it with bootloader

fastboot -i 0x8087 flash system system.img

just tested it and it works good news

lol anyone i know knows a lot less than me. i'll keep trying. thanks for all your input dude

Guest Simon O

Has anybody tried 'fastboot -i 0x8087 update update.zip' and seeing if it'll flash the update.zip? This does work for a few phones and I assume it would either work or give an error message.

Guest jammybgud2008

Has anybody tried 'fastboot -i 0x8087 update update.zip' and seeing if it'll flash the update.zip? This does work for a few phones and I assume it would either work or give an error message.

error. update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

767mb for system.img :o surely that is wrong :lol:

Is there anyway to get normal usb storage back in ics ? the img is not visible when mounted to pc ? in mtp mode

Edited by Guest

I guess I will have to add it to a split archive then lol.....problem is I got no way to get it to pc as mtp mode does not show the file ?

edit: jpg ok

edit2: nope does not work

I like this mtp as it lets you access sd card both sides, but it has draw backs.

Oh well good old reliable wifi transfer pro it is then lol, at least that sees all files.

Edited by Guest