Help!!!installed chainfire 3d, now stuck on xolo boot screen

Guest jammybgud2008

Guest Simon O

Double checked mine and I'm re-uploading to my server. Doesn't matter if you no longer need the file as it'll be useful for anybody else in the future :D

Is the system.img corrupt though ? If it cannot be opened it must be. I know we dont need it extracted, but extracting it shows it is not corrupt.

Flibblesans server is better though as filefactory although a sound zip is so sloooow.

Edited by Guest

Guest jammybgud2008

you don't need to extract the system.img lol

Double checked mine and I'm re-uploading to my server. Doesn't matter if you no longer need the file as it'll be useful for anybody else in the future

nice 1. still need it , tho hopefully no-one makes the same mistake i did :)

Ah off topic....@rickywyatt, I have adb :)

I switched my variable to the root adb folder,(the root san diego exploit) and it works, why the usual adb setup does not work, not sure ?

post-796032-0-02155400-1349961529.png

Edited by Guest

the system.img is ext format so normally you won't be able to mount it unless you are on Linux or something like that.

Ok lol, I am noob with all this, although I should know by now, been around here long enough.

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

Nothing wrong with that! Everyone starts somewhere and playing with a new device like the San Diego will teach you a lot of things. Hopefully we'll sort jammybgud out and get him back up an running soon

Guest jammybgud2008

Nothing wrong with that! Everyone starts somewhere and playing with a new device like the San Diego will teach you a lot of things. Hopefully we'll sort jammybgud out and get him back up an running soon

really appreciate everything all the guys on here are doing to help out. i have been modding phones for quite some time, however took for granted all the hard work guys like yourselves put into custom roms and the like.

this has got me really interested in what goes on behind the scenes, i want to learn all i can and eventually help out people in my situation. keep up the good work guys :D

Yeah rubbish upload site, but could not find any that take large files for free.

jammybgud, cancel the file factory and download from flibblesan, be a lot faster than filefactory.

Edited by Guest

Guest jammybgud2008

Yeah rubbish upload site, but could not find any that take large files for free.

jammybgud, cancel the file factory and download from flibblesan, be a lot faster than filefactory.

done, flashing to phone now

write successful,

still stuck at xolo boot screen :(

Edited by jammybgud2008

Guest jammybgud2008

Now try factory reset, worth ago.

already done :(

unless i can push the update.zip to internal memory or the external sd slot is up and running with modded recovery im screwed lol

Edited by jammybgud2008

Guest jammybgud2008

What about the flasher @rickywyatt?

The flasher should be able to flash the update.

wont it still flag the missing android-info.txt and android-product.txt?

Not sure on that, but as you said you need to get the update on device, if there is no way to do this, the flasher may the only other option.

The problem is a factory reset will not touch system, which is what you need to remove the driver stopping boot, placed there by chainfire. There may be a way to get flasher working, last time it was used, k800 firmware waa being used, which haa different radio to osd. I dont know if ricky still has flasher.

Bur then you would think the system img would replace system.

Edited by Guest

Guest jammybgud2008

boot in to fastboot and type

fastboot erase system

fastboot erase cache

fastboot erase data

then flash the system.img

all done except for data erase.failed unable to format.

re-flashed system.img. still stuck at xolo screen

This should work though, chainfire 3d just installs a driver in system, it should not be able to give a hard brick, soft brick yes. Maybe the system.img I uploaded is not good ?