Orange ICS Update

Guest Doogie Howser

in france virigin mobile seems be working fine on orange sim lock (I'll be sure next week when the sim get activated) and it's cheap (compare to orange prices). Don't you guy have virgin mobile in uk? I'll be paying 5 euros a month 45 min 450 sms but no data. It will do for 3 months :D

I know I france virgin mobile is on orange network but I do not know about other coutries

Edited by ayziaa

Hopefully one day you be able to buy android with giffgaff out the box :lol: I think they would do better at this than orange, at least the bootloader would be unlocked with them.

Guest Simon O

Yes. Virgin Mobile UK works fine on the phone. Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile all work fine as they are essentially the same network (as in they all use EE).

Guest i am not a hacker

What! Their capping is pretty useless. I turn off data whenever I'm not using it. How do you use 12gb! No wifi at home? I use max 5gb

Guest DumonKri

Haha! That is genius!

I really don't want the hassle of changing my number again that's my problem. How come people who normally unlock phones on the internet or ebay can't do it then?

Guest Gibson.1

Would we not be able to get the Orange update from Orange via emailing them saying ota not working, not enough data connection etc. ? Then we could have update.zip.

For those of us on Xolo ICS.

Edited by Gibson.1

Guest BlueMoonRising

Would we not be able to get the Orange update from Orange via emailing them saying ota not working, not enough data connection etc. ? Then we could have update.zip.

For those of us on Xolo ICS.

Good idea although their e-mail is still down. I've posted the question on their Twitter and Facebook accounts claiming a very slow internet.

Guest Gibson.1

Good idea although their e-mail is still down. I've posted the question on their Twitter and Facebook accounts claiming a very slow internet.

I thought of it before I updated to Xolo, due to the amount of 'no information' responses I assumed it was scripted response, but the other response was 'keep checking this page for more information' which was a link to the software update page. So I assumed that was scripted too which would mean that should be a perfectly viable option.

Also, people in the Orange shop always say to check the webpage. So surely we're due a USB update too.

Live chat only available between 8am-8pm, assume its the same for helpers facebook/twitter so I'll annoy them tomorrow.

Edited by Gibson.1