Orange ICS Update

Guest Doogie Howser

No...well not 100% sure but sure enough to say no. And how would you download orange ics anyway, you would be on xolo gingerbread so would get xolo ics.

Edited by Guest

Guest BlueMoonRising

No...well not 100% sure but sure enough to say no. And how would you download orange ics anyway, you would be on xolo gingerbread so would get xolo ics.

I was presuming it was checking the Android version rather than who supplied it.

Edit :- possibly it goes off the sim information for the carrier?

Edited by BlueMoonRising

I'll keep it for the time being, i still can't use at the moment so doesn't really matter.

So what is the remaining problem for you to do the pull? Do you still can't download the ota update?

Guest DumonKri

So what is the remaining problem for you to do the pull? Do you still can't download the ota update?

The update is downloaded but we can't find the .zip as the phone probably needs to be rooted.

Edited by DumonKri

Apktool not working for me, trying to decompile softwareupdate.apk :angry: Always worked before, been a while since I used it, is my cmd right anyone ?

post-796032-0-45796500-1350044338_thumb.

Edited by Guest

The update is downloaded but we can't find the .zip as the phone probably needs to be rooted.

if you do the pull with adb you don't need root. you don't need to find any zip just type in the adb pull in a command windows

or maybe you need root I'm not sure but did you try pull command now that you have downloaded the update?

Edited by ayziaa

Apktool not working for me, trying to decompile softwareupdate.apk Always worked before, been a while since I used it, is my cmd right anyone ?

do you have apktool in your c:? :D

Edited by ayziaa

Guest DumonKri

if you do the pull with adb you don't need root. you don't need to find any zip just type in the adb pull in a command windows

or maybe you need root I'm not sure but did you try pull command now that you have downloaded the update?

Yep, all is detailed over the previous pages ;)

Yep, all is detailed over the previous pages

ho really! sorry about that! I tought I read it all but I missed that! So it's a no go for orange update.zip.

Edited by ayziaa

Paul where are you ? anyone seen paul lol

I bet it is something so obvious lol, it usually is in these situations, but what.....who knows. Are you sure it is not something in boot.img ? as I can see update in recovery log ?

Edited by Guest

Guest BlueMoonRising

I tried to go back to the last Xolo GB update but it wont let me, it aborted with no damage done. Guess I'm stuck with Xolo until Jelly Bean :P

Yeah of course lol

I just decompiled it with apktool it work just fine. Did you put adb in the apktool directory? I think it needs to be there, it's working with it but didn't try without

But I don't know really what to do with this, we need to backsmali something to get to the code right?

Edited by ayziaa

Guest Simon O

I already mentioned it before. He ran Wireshark on his Mac which logs network traffic. It showed the URL that the SoftwareUpdater was connecting to. It grabs an XML file that lists available updates along with version numbers and the updater simply looks for a newer version that it currently has.