Orange ICS Update

Guest Doogie Howser

So then is the orange rom top secret lol, nobody saying about how it is, you know, performance, bloat, screenshots maybe, some antutu comparisions with xolo ics in the antutu topic.........anyone ?

Guest DumonKri

So then is the orange rom top secret lol, nobody saying about how it is, you know, performance, bloat, screenshots maybe, some antutu comparisions with xolo ics in the antutu topic.........anyone ?

I would tell you but i don't want to upgrade incase i can be of use :)

Anyway we could use SoftwareUpdate.apk on an other gingerbread phone?

Possiblly, but the update zip cannot be pulled by the looks of it.

Edited by Guest

Possiblly, but the update zip cannot be pulled by the looks of it.

yes but on a rooted gingerbread? But I think the apk must check the device name. Maybe if someone has a rooted gingerbread phone laying arround, could put the build.prop from orange in that and try to run the ota update.

Edit: If Orange ics can be rooted and we get a jelly bean orange in a fews months we might be able to pull that one :D

Edited by ayziaa

If the update apk was checking device name, as in hardware, then my orange san diego could not get xolo ics OTA.

It is more likely something in boot.img as you can see the update in recovery log, either way, the update server is getting the device info from the rom on the device and not the device itself.

Edited by Guest

Exactly, so a rooted gingerbread device is irrelevant. Rickywyatt tried the build.prop thing and also the update apk, it did not work, however, he is on ics I think so that would make a difference. If you could fool the orange server into thinking you are on gingerbread osd to get the update, how would you get the update? it has been tried, and it would not pull.

Exactly, so a rooted gingerbread device is irrelevant. Rickywyatt tried the build.prop thing and also the update apk, it did not work, however, he is on ics I think so that would make a difference. If you could fool the orange server into thinking you are on gingerbread osd to get the update, how would you get the update? it has been tried, and it would not pull.

I thought Rickywatt said that the update.zip was in cache/fota and that we needed root to get it

I thought Rickywatt said that the update.zip was in cache/fota and that we needed root to get it

Yeah I think he did, but, as I think he also said, we cannot root osd running gingerbread lol, so it is a screwed either way situation.

The only option is to somehow pull the update with adb which is not looking good right now, or someone on osd orange gingerbread who can use wireshark can be naughty with the server lol

Edited by Guest

I have the orange update .zip :D uploading now!

:D How did you manage to pull it ?

SO hopefully the orange ics can be flashed over xolo ics, and we all have our warranty back :)

And the orange rom can be rooted right ? So we can debloat and re-theme to stock ics, orange status bar is no good.

Edited by Guest

Guest DumonKri

could you pm me the URLs for the updates please @ DumonKri

Ok give me 5mins because i stupidly closed wireshark :wacko:

Scratch that it, i thought i could find it in my history but i can't, i am slightly busy at the minute but once i'm done i will get it for you ;)

Edited by DumonKri