Jiayu G2 Review

Guest aaroNiGHTS

Guest dhoomktoo1

does anyone know if chinese android phones Jiayu / newman etc are available in bangkok? my friend is planning a trip there and I am going to ask him to bring me one if they are available in bangkok market. will save me the hassles of courier / customs. if anyone knows any shops where he can get those that would be awesome. thanks for your help.

Guest aliaird

I've got a 4.1.2 ROM (not the official one, one from LeWa I think) running really well on mine. Notification lights all seem to work OK.

I got the 'how to' here; http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1736279&page=11

I think there are instructions on that thread about installing both Lewa recovery or CWM, either with SP Flash or Mobileuncle, from the Play store, which is easier IMHO

• 1 month later...
Guest aliaird

To be honest the battery life is not as good as it was on ICS I don't think. The ROM I have at the moment is the official Jiayu JB ROM. The battery just about lats a day for me but I will be honest and say I use it more like a computer than a phone, so I hit it quite hard. Is still better than any other smartphone I have had.

Guest Shahmatt

Ah. That sounds about right. My battery life has reduced since the JB upgrade.

I wonder if the Lewa or other custom ROMs have better battery life. If so I shall have a go I think.

• 2 months later...
Guest aliaird

Does anyone know how to change the screen on a G2? Mine cracked and I have ordered a replacement, but I can't find any instructions. Anyone know? Or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest bas-r

Does anyone know how to change the screen on a G2? Mine cracked and I have ordered a replacement, but I can't find any instructions. Anyone know? Or can point me in the right direction?

I'm sure you already must've fixed it, but I did the same thing a few months ago, with success.

It's quite simple: unscrew all screws behind the batterydoor.

Take off the plastic, undo all plugs.

Now it's time to separate the glass from the digitizer. These are glued together. You can use a hairdryer to heat up the glue and divide them. I just pinched a hole through the front glass camera opening with a small screwdriver. This broke the glass and I could separate the glass bits from the digitizer.

Putting things back together is as easy as going in reverse. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cartierv

Hi, are there generic flip cases that will fit the G2 that are intended for another phone ? It's mostly gel back cases that I see from Hong Kong. Just wondered if there was a case I could use, available in the UK (Note not worried about hole for camera)

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.