Can I connect my Skate/MonteCarlo to my TV?

Guest felystar

Guest felystar

Hello everyone. I was wondering about connecting our Skates/Montecarlos to our TVs. Is there any way we can do it?

I'm not talking about connecting as an USB device. I'm talking about connecting it as a Video Player or something, to be able to see my phone's screen in the TV screen. I have seen a method about a cable from mini-USB to HDMI and another about mini-USB to MHL Adapter which also works as a charger, but I don't know if they will work and I don't want to spend my money to get nothing. So, is there any way to do what I want?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Salvadorfreeman

I' ve just come across an app to do just this, called Twonky.

The Skate links to the TV via wifi.

Of course the TV has to be connected to your router (which mine is).

I'll try it out when I get home tonight and report back.

But if it's a hardwired solution you're looking for, I don't think there is one.

Guest felystar
I' ve just come across an app to do just this, called Twonky.

The Skate links to the TV via wifi.

Of course the TV has to be connected to your router (which mine is).

I'll try it out when I get home tonight and report back.

But if it's a hardwired solution you're looking for, I don't think there is one.

I'm looking forward to listening to your commentary about if it works or not

Edited by felystar

Guest Salvadorfreeman

Twonky Beam is in fact a browser and Undp app.

It effectively turns the phone into a Undp server.

My TV is connected to a Freebox V5 router and IPTV box supplied by my ISP. Going into the Files menu on the TV using the Freebox remote, it finds Twonky Beam is indeed there as an "external device" and gives me the option of playing the photos, MP3s or videos on the phone.

But then it can't find any of the relevant files.

So in short, it didn't work. It may be a configuration probleme or it could be because the Freebox is a bit limited, It can't play mpg files, for example, but it does play jpegs, so I don't know why it didn't find any of the photos on the phone.

Some modern "connected TVs" have native Undp, but mine is really old and doesn't.

Be interesting to know if it works with a Google TV, if anyone has actually bought one.

Guest felystar
I use MediaShare Lite and it works perfectly for me, maybe you can use it too?

But you see your mobile's files as a file explorer and not the phone's screen, don't you?

Edited by felystar

Guest hugobosslives

you can do it via wifi if your tv is a smart tv. Unfortunately there is quite a lag so no gaming. Only pics and videos (as it can pre-load)

unfortunately there is no way of doing via hdmi or similar. The micro usb on the skate is not MHL.