ACER Gallant E350 ROM

Guest Benoit31

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Abducted

Im curious about these ROMs too. If im correct EMEA stands for Europe, Middle Eastern and Africa, but since it's from a French source and also with FR(S) in the name, i was wondering if these ROMs support English language?

Guest Abducted

I flashed the ROM (Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.16_EMEA_FRS (single)) yesterday using the FlashTool method (I couldn't get the EUU version to work). It boots in French, but on the 2nd or 3rd setup screen you can select English. :)

Everything works fine. Haven't noticed any improvements. An app that didn't run before still doesn't... was hoping this might fix it.

Also for some reason i can't disable auto-correction in Swype anymore, the option just isn't there!? Quite annoying...

EDIT: Just fixed the Swype problem by installing Swype BETA. :)

Edited by Abducted

@Abducted

It is interesting your way. Could you please detail a little more the different steps flashing this ROM with FlashTool?

Do you mean you load the Flash Tool, then load the scatter file from \Rom\ directory (after unzipping the ROM OS_Acer_E350.1.000.18.EMEA.FR_A40I_A.zip)

and then which part did you select ? Recovery, System, User... then you press Download ?

Guest Abducted

Pretty much just use this guide: http://www.modaco.com/topic/357459-acer-gallant-duo-root-hacking-tools/

Except dont de-select anything (just flash everything) and after flashing you can just boot (no need for recovery mode).

As far as i know there are 3 types of "ROM update files". One for updating by sd-card. One by updating by EUU (End User Update) tool and one to use with FlashTool.

The one i used with FlashTool didn't have any folders, just a few .bin and .img files and a couple of other smaller files and the scatter file. (Just like what you find in the ROM folder with a EUU version)

I compared the files in the ROM folder to the one in the "FlashTool version" of the zip file with a SFV file checker and they are identical. So my guess is the files from the ROM folder should do the trick.

@Abducted

Thank you for your explanations. From the Acer download site, the latest version for the Duo (FR version) is 1.000.18 (OS_Acer_E350.1.000.18.EMEA.FR_A40I_A.zip). There is no SD zip format for the ROM nor the FlashTool format on Acer FR site.

On the mentioned "vache" link

http://vache-android.../Liquid Gallant

it has old version 1.000.08, the SD zip is OK, but the FlashTool version is corrupted. One can see though the content of it:

zip:\bad_Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR.zip\Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR\boot.img

zip:\bad_Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR.zip\Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR\logo.bin

zip:\bad_Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR.zip\Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR\MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt

zip:\bad_Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR.zip\Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR\preloader_simcom75_cu_ics.bin

zip:\bad_Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR.zip\Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR\recovery.img

zip:\bad_Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR.zip\Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR\system.img

zip:\bad_Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR.zip\Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR\uboot_simcom75_cu_ics.bin

So I assume the FlashTool version you use is 1.000.18? If yes, where did you find it? (since it is not in Acer FR site). I would like to have this file (guess: I could use \Rom content and zip the 7 files from it?).

From what you said, I understand that the EUU is only a wrapper package, invoking under the cover the FlashTool to flash the phone, hiding any technical details for plain user. It has the advantage of not requiring the phone running (since battery taken off), nor being rooted, nor running under recovery as with SD update zip.

It would be nice if Acer (or someone) releases also the SD update zip format for the latest ROM.

Edited by hapx

Guest Abducted

I have a SOLO and i used the 1.000.16 version from Vache's website. (Which is probably (based on) the same as the one from the French ACER website.)

I also used the newer FlashTool from Vache's site, so not the version Paul included in his zip file.

If you download the file Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.16_EMEA_FRS.zip from Vache's site and unzip it you can check which files you need to use the FlashTool.

Should be exactly all the files in the ROM folder.