[ROM] ZTE GRAND X UK STOCK & ROOTED & SIGNED V3 + OTA [UPDATED 10-27]

Guest bartasrex

thx "chele" so i have whistler/Grand X/P943T, but the same 1GHz tegra2 and it said in indentifinder (ventana), i can instal this rom white rooting then later try the miui rom from oficiall miui roms database??? thx for any help advice, i am a noob :(

When you finish with root, you can flash any ROM you have, ofc that must be for your phone model

Guest Dionisius

"nope, because it is on ventana , our grand x are on whistler. both tegra 2 but diferent."

1. the miui is for ventana, so can i apply him on ours whistler tegra2 (ventana)

2. what is the difference between whistler and ventana?... google say its the same...

I ask because I'm afraid to ruin my device, :wacko: :unsure:

• 2 months later...
Guest rosco-85

Guys,

I can't get my Grand X rooted or CWM installed... Been trying to use Genolocker's Tools, but no success.

Is there anything else I need to do other than connect the Phone via USB in 'Debugging Mode'?

Might have to revert back to a G300!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sam tyler

Instal CMW Recovery this way:

1. Download This.

2. Unzip it.

3. Run recovery.bat

4. Select option 2.

and you are done!

Download from GPlay Rebooter to reboot in to recovery.

just a quick question(s),do i need to have the phone on or off when i install recovery? or is it possible to install just the c.m. recovery img? like via zte blade? by using recovery manager?and what version is the recovery? as some posts say it will only do a few things and is there a back up/restore feature? as it seems installing recovery(and rooting) is strange for this phone.(rooted and installed recovery on zte racer and blade) but this way of installing recovery and rooting is strange to me.as this the first time i be installing recovery via a comp. any help/advice? Edited by sam tyler

Decided to try the russian b05 update today after having probs with v3. I lost root and cannot get it back using the usual method. Has anyone had success rooting b05?

EDIT: USB debugging is not available in settings developer options. I can only use "connect to pc software" but my blade does show in device manager as adb device.

Edited by purpse

Guest simicsl

I had B05 RU and root it without any problems with ICS-JB root/unroot tool

Maybe you have problems with drivers or adb or usb mode (sync, mtp, ptp...)

Also try to disconect USB cable at the other end (PC) and plug it back. Sometimes it does not recognize the phone when you plug/unplug USB cable at the phone side.

Anyhow, you should check with

adb devices[/CODE]

in command prompt. If you have device identified then you surely can root it.

I've done that several times.

p.s.

USB options are not in Dev options but in Settings>Connect to PC

Edited by simicsl

Guest alfaro_azuaga

Greetings and congratulations for the work in this ROM.

I hope someone is encouraged with the translation into Spanish of this ROM, and so it can be installed!

regards

Guest sam tyler

tried to download your ROM (v3) but it keeps trying to download something called ilivid download manager. is it possible you could put up a new link without this download manager thing? thanks.

Guest Bonell

Hey Guys,

I´ve rooted my Grand X, but when I tried to flash the recovery (using this method : http://www.modaco.co...pdated-10-27/��) it gave me some very rapid error, I thing it was something about not enough space.. and now I´m stuck on the operator logo, I can boot into the original recovery,.. but cant do anything else..

How to fix this.. ?? PLEASE Help!

Guest alfaro_azuaga

Please someone kindly translate into Spanish this ROM??

I would be very useful and would be very grateful!

I'd settle for someone tell me how I do it and I would do it myself.

regards

Guest Loki86

alfaro, i'm an italian user and i have to use in english

translate a rom it's a huge work, and i don't think that someone do that

we have to wait a west european firmware

Guest sam tyler

has anyone have a proper link to this ROM? as there seems to be no way of downloading the ROM. and that download manger that this ROM is on IS a joke.can anyone help?

• 2 months later...
Guest bandita81

Hi,

I have a ZTE V970 w/ CWM 6.0.1.1 and while trying to backup it seems extremely slow. I've started the backup process at 5:12 AM, it's 6:05 AM and still working. Is it normal?

Thank's for the help.

Guest bandita81

Hi,

I have a ZTE V970 w/ CWM 6.0.1.1 and while trying to backup it seems extremely slow. I've started the backup process at 5:12 AM, it's 6:05 AM and still working. Is it normal?

Thank's for the help.

Nevermind,it szepped forward to recovery backup,just simply sloooooow ;) Needed 73 minutes to backup the boot image ;)

Guest mark129

Instal CMW Recovery this way:

1. Download This.

2. Unzip it.

3. Run recovery.bat

4. Select option 2.

and you are done!

Download from GPlay Rebooter to reboot in to recovery.

Hi i have a problem with install CMW.

I can´t finish install.

I have ZTE grand X with android 4.0.3

I don´t find debugging usb enable in settings/developer.

Maybe here is problem.

Can you help me, please?

Excuse me my english is not very good. Sorry

Guest sam tyler

try MTP mode in connect to PC. (settings )and it should let you pass files between phone and p.c. I.e. USB debugging.