screen Bezel cracking?

Guest Immortal7

Guest Immortal7

Has anyone else suffered this? I have 2 hairline cracks on the Bezel around my screen, just above the silver strip above the volume keys and Sim port.

Highly annoying

No mine is good, and it has had a few drops on the pavement too :unsure: although the silver line is chipped a bit where I have taken back off loads of times.

Edited by Guest

mine too, on the left side above mini hdmi port, hidden by my sikai silicone case, this phone work great but he have little sheap manufacture, cracked bezel and power button broken.

Guest Immortal7

It's a weird one, doesn't feel loose or anything just has 2 tiny cracks. Can we get spare parts for this phone? I want a new back cover as I scratched the orange logo off and took a chunk out the cover while I was doing it :-\

Guest i am not a hacker

I doubt you will get spare parts from anywhere. Orange won't give you any. As it is an unpopular device, there will most likely not be any parts on the internet to purchase.

Guest Immortal7

Build quality seems hit and miss on this phone...

In regards to spare parts, didn't a couple of people on this forum brick there phones? Wonder if they are for sale?

Nothing wrong here, excellent build quality really. Maybe a batch or two suffered poorer build than most?.

Agreed, the build qaulity is excellent, very solid build, no complaints at all apart from power and camera button being hard to press. Also, off topic, the proccessor is excellent to, fast and reliable as you would expect from Intel.

Guest Immortal7

I now have another crack on the other side near the hdmi out despite not dropping my phone.

I'm not very happy about this, especially as spare parts are unavailable.

I have considered approaching xolo regarding spares, do you think it's worth a shot?

Guest BlueMoonRising

I now have another crack on the other side near the hdmi out despite not dropping my phone.

I'm not very happy about this, especially as spare parts are unavailable.

I have considered approaching xolo regarding spares, do you think it's worth a shot?

Are you in the UK? If so, Xolo, an Indian company, will just laugh at you. Even if you are in India the chances of them giving or selling parts are extremely doubtful. The best you'll get is an offer to repair it.

• 2 months later...
Guest freebiestuff

Me to, 3 cracks across the silver bezel, one at the HDMI port, one at the volume down button and one on the opposite side to the volume button. Never dropped, less than a month old, very well looked after. :(

freebiestuff

Guest Simon O

Build quality seems hit and miss on this phone...

In regards to spare parts, didn't a couple of people on this forum brick there phones? Wonder if they are for sale?

Most of us got our phones repaired. Have a look on ebay though as I've seen several broken San Diego phones on there. Before Christmas there was a chap selling 7 broken phones together.

• 1 month later...
Guest stevecross

Mine has cracked halfway down on the right hand side, not very impressed after around six weeks, most of that time spent in a case. Took it back to orange shop and could take 15 working days to repair. I could tell by the attitude of the sales guy I am going to have trouble, "Have you dropped it, not sure they will be able to repair this" I am wondering if it is the way you hold it when pressing the top button that is causing this, lets face it the top button is very hard to press.

Guest alexquant

My Diego also suffers from cracks on the bezel and the silver trim at "weak" points and the power button is increasingly difficult to activate. So, I took it to the EE shop, demonstrated the problems and it is now off for repair - this phone is a replacement for one that had an excessive "blob" problem on the screen.

The phone is less than 2 months old, and has hardly been used as I'm waiting for the opportunity to unlock it to use with a Talkmobile SIM. I'm disappointed - it's a powerful phone, wrapped up in an iffy body.

At least my over 2 year old Orange San Francisco is still going strong .. !

My feeling is that when/if it is repaired, I will sell it on. Shame, as it is in many respects an exceptional phone for the price.

Edited by alexquant

• 2 weeks later...
Guest teacake

Yes, hairline craks in bezel and silver inset near connections. Away back to orange after less than two months. Hope the repair or replacement is better. Anyone got one that is rock solid?. Maybe it was a bad batch.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nadezz

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

I just went around my OSD and here is what I found, under very close inspection:

4 cracks in the black bezel, these go all the way from the top of the device to the silver band, one of this cracks has part of the bezel jutting out.

5 cracks in the silver band.

I have babied this device ever since I bought it and it was only out of a case for a week (while I was waiting for the case to arrive).

Guest glossywhite

I don't understand all the replies that seem to side-step the obvious: Call Orange and explain the situation, whilst being calm, polite and friendly, and ask them firmly to *replace* your San Diego, as it has developed fracturing in the case. So long as you are open, totally honest and do not try and deceive them, then there is no reason at all they would deny you a replacement - ALL these San Diego handsets are *well* within their one year warranty, and Orange are clearly obliged to replace a faulty device, there is no question whatsoever. My Monte Carlo was replaced THREE times, by calling Orange customer services, until I finally received a unit that did not have dust under the screen after 3 days or so.

I think it is certainly down to one's attitude, and not "luck", when you approach this situation. If you storm into it with an attitude of entitlement and expectancy, people very quickly pick up on that, and if you are cold or abrasive in any way, surely they're going to be *less* inclined to want to side with you and help you? Makes perfect sense that I'd help someone who was charismatic, friendly and light hearted, over someone who was defensive and rude. I'm not saying any of you have been like this, I am stating that, in the past, I have, and since I have changed my general attitude to life massively in the last year, I can see how I used to be, as opposed to how I am now with people, and I get far more happy responses and genuine human laughter and banter than when I was cold, abrupt and terse.

Think about this: the call centre representative is employed in a rather dull and demanding job, possibly in a country where their are extreme social hardships and a low quality of life. *ANYTHING* you can do to lighten their mood and lift their spirits, is a good thing primarily for them, foremost, as they have to listen to rude, aggressive Brits, day in, day out - can you imagine how that feels? I **always** start a phone call with: "Hello, how are you doing today - are you having a good day?"- I am not obliged to - it's not about that, I genuinely enjoy making other people happy, and even if I didn't get my fault resolved, the very minimum I have done is to be Christian towards them and make them feel valued, and I enjoy talking to people for its' own sake, so I ask them questions about their life, about their day and what they will be doing this evening, etc etc :D

Just remember - they work in a boring job, and if you are rude or expectant, they will be pretty certain that, whatever they do for you, you'll possibly still be rude afterwards, so there's no emotional reward for them (don't we all want to be made to feel special? We deserve it!)

Just my input, a little honey goes a long way, and catches way more flies than vinegar (not that they are "flies" ^_^)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest nadezz

Have already talked to orange, they will attempt to repair the power button stiffness, but not the cracked bezel. Why should they believe us that the fractures were not caused by a major drop or something.

• 1 month later...
Guest sang3eta

I've got the same problem 4 cracks in my Orange San Diego case after only 20 days!

I've had an Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade for 2 years, and never had any issues with that, so this looks like a design/manufacturing fault.

Here's my video evidence...

A few days later I catch a 5th crack in the developing stage...

Edited by sang3eta

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sang3eta

Well I got my return for repair bag and the phone is in the post. I'll let you know if they repair it or not.

One last video to show people that 5th crack propagated all the way across the bezel.

Guest sang3eta

Did they repair your phones?

I got the phone back from repair today, but I see Orange no longer list this phone for sale.

Edited by sang3eta