Best ROM now?

Guest nunogodinho

Guest nunogodinho

Hello to everyone.

I updated my phone to this rom: Official Android 4.0.3 Firmware - Spain - 09/10/2012 (V100R001C86B944).

But I think to be official does not make it the best.

Which of these two is the best:

- INFUSION [b01]

http://www.modaco.com/topic/358371-romics-stock-rom-b944-overclock-kernel-ad-block-host-miui-security-updated-1710/ - Stock ROM + [b944]

Thanks in advance.

Guest top_score

infusion b01 is effectively a beta, as it's the first release based on 944 - according to the developer unless I miss understood.

stock rom+ b4 is also beta version 4

both roms appear to be under constant development improving things as and when new ideas/techniques arrive.

having said that I have used them both and find them both stable and don't think I have any issues with either of them.

once I've added my personal touches to each of them they look identical and appear to perform identically, however this is just my opinion based on my experience.

Guest sashko69

No need to change that B944 Spain firmware, just flash Omegamoon or Genokolar kernel if you want to overclock your CPU. That's what I did and I'm completely satisfied untill (or if) JellyBean arrives on G300.

infusion b01 is effectively a beta, as it's the first release based on 944 - according to the developer unless I miss understood.

stock rom+ b4 is also beta version 4

The B (as is B4) in Stock+ ROM versions represent the Build number, e.g. build 4 rather than beta 4. I'd imagine this is the same for Infusion also.

Edited by Cyda

everyone has a different opinion... it really depends on what suits you, so my advice would be to just try them both ;)

Tillaz you should be backing your rom all the way

Imo infusion smashes it out the water

Guest sandrogp

I have never bothered with any stock rom's on the assumption that any custom ones based on stock are going to be better. I have tried every single Infusion version that's come out except the last one. I've also tried a couple of MIUI's.

However, the ROM that has worked best for me is actually Chinese!:

"Samsung S3" they call it (it is for the G300). It is an incredibly underrated ROM, which is very surprising in my opinion when I consider how well it performs for me. It is with this one that I've had the best memory management, which I think might be the reason why it feels the least laggy and most responsive and I've had the best after-overclocking Antutu ratings.

Part of the reason for the lack of popularity might be that the initial set-up is much trickier than with other roms because it comes with no android or English keyboard. You have to try to install a suitable keyboard (I use Swype beta which is only available on download after registration from the developer's website, but beautifully efficient). But first you have to remove Chinese keyboard and all other Chinese applications of the phone using Titanium Back Up, whilst you are constantly harassed and stopped in your tracks by what must be a set up request in Chinese by the Chinese keyboard itself. Frustrating and a test of patience, but persevering I managed. You then have to install, for some added functionality similar to Infusion, TEAM Battery Bar, Notification Toggle and Nova launcher (if wanted).

For Link2SD to move your app data to the internal 2GB you need to install the play store version of Root Explorer (you must have removed the Chinese one first and rebooted) and use it to paste this modified install-recovery.sh file directly in /system/etc overwriting the original. Then you fix the permissions and owners of this new file (to RWE-R E-R E, Owner ROOT and Group ROOT). Finally you have to create manually the /data/sdext2 directory and restart the phone.

All this sure sounds long-winded, but I'm personally prepared to do it because of the better performance I get with it. But the big caveat I have to add is to re-iterate that I haven't tried the very latest version of Infusion.

Edited by sandrogp

Guest wrtease

yes i agree with sandrogp it is amazing rom ,very under estimated. it is the most stable rom i have used, i have tested allot of custom roms and this comes the the top of the list. with all removed and added its got the performance and looks so good.currently using maple v3.00 then s3 as second backup.

Guest nunogodinho

Thanks for all answers :D

Official Android 4.0.3 Firmware - Spain - 09/10/2012 (V100R001C86B944).

I think I'm gonna continue with this. What do you think? ;)

Guest Shineali

Infusion works great!! there's a new version b02 i didn't try it yet i'm on b01 and have installed almost all custom roms of infusion and have no problems.

Guest Ludak021

without any intention to undermine someone's work, S3 rom is just...awesome. I am coming from Infusion, which is great and has some advantages over S3 rom, but S3 rom is faster, more responsive and I have 150mb ram (right after booting it up I have ~220! With all my widgets and apps I get ~190MB after boot and it drops to 150mb after 5-6 hrs of use. Infusion drops to 90mb with the same apps and widgets) . Nova launcher (which I got used to thanks to Infusion) works like I have dual core instead of single core. Huawei launcher that is stock with S3 rom works even faster but just lacks the modability. I don't know how they pulled it off in S3 rom, and I don't care but everything works (almost, nothing major here) and works like if you had GB custom ROM with all the benefits of ICS. Just restart the phone 4-5 times after install, install gapps, install launcher of your choice and enjoy. I fell like having a 50% faster phone compared to infusion (UI responsiveness) and 100% compared to stock huawei ICS rom.

On the other hand, infusion is more consistent and has some nice stuff built in it, like DSP, power toggles in notification bar (which is configurable from system settings and acts in interactive way, ie. you can press and hold wi-fi icon to get to wi-fi network selection etc.). S3 rom is like a race car, it runs very fast and at some point it just freezes for no apparent reason and makes you wait for screen to load for even 10 seconds, althou, this is very rare but it's there.

PS. I havent even bothered to put overclocking able kernel. No need.

Edited by Ludak021

Guest armin74

Great ROM, but my google play does not show any image, icon or screenshot. I've tried with S3 v2.1 then with 2.2, also with 5 versions of ics gapps. Any solution please? Did factory reset and cache cleared.

post-979194-0-35109700-1351461083_thumb.

post-979194-0-40898800-1351461121_thumb.

post-979194-0-97394300-1351461143_thumb.

without any intention to undermine someone's work, S3 rom is just...awesome. I am coming from Infusion, which is great and has some advantages over S3 rom, but S3 rom is faster, more responsive and I have 150mb ram (right after booting it up I have ~220! With all my widgets and apps I get ~190MB after boot and it drops to 150mb after 5-6 hrs of use. Infusion drops to 90mb with the same apps and widgets) . Nova launcher (which I got used to thanks to Infusion) works like I have dual core instead of single core. Huawei launcher that is stock with S3 rom works even faster but just lacks the modability. I don't know how they pulled it off in S3 rom, and I don't care but everything works (almost, nothing major here) and works like if you had GB custom ROM with all the benefits of ICS. Just restart the phone 4-5 times after install, install gapps, install launcher of your choice and enjoy. I fell like having a 50% faster phone compared to infusion (UI responsiveness) and 100% compared to stock huawei ICS rom.

On the other hand, infusion is more consistent and has some nice stuff built in it, like DSP, power toggles in notification bar (which is configurable from system settings and acts in interactive way, ie. you can press and hold wi-fi icon to get to wi-fi network selection etc.). S3 rom is like a race car, it runs very fast and at some point it just freezes for no apparent reason and makes you wait for screen to load for even 10 seconds, althou, this is very rare but it's there.

PS. I havent even bothered to put overclocking able kernel. No need.

nah, i don't think so... most people in the infusion thread would also agree, (50% faster lol, no chance)

makes me laugh the way people on here talk about free ram... they clearly don't understand its job...

Guest YurikRecords

Infusion b02 works great for me! Infusion stable and fast rom, and at the moment with all my apps I get 160-180MB free ram after 8 hours of use! ;)

Edited by YurikRecords

Guest hippy dave

I like this because of opinions and reasons and stuff.

I vehemently disagree and cast personal aspersions based on differing subjective opinions.