[DEV][ROM] RacerMod 1.7 [19/04/2013] CyanogenMod 7.2 port with 2.6.35.7 kernel & CWM Recovery 5.0.2.8

Guest mikeioannina

Guest CHE00

Hi all,if you tell me somthing mike.I instal your rom to my zte racer2 gen2 with clockworkmod recovery,(wipe data/factory,wipe cache,format boot.cache, data,system,dalvik cache)all ok.Then try reboot system but never boot.What is wrong if you tell me.Thanks a lot.

Because the firmware for the zte racer 1, not the zte racer 2

Guest dantspet

Thanks for your useful information and i would like you telling me , if you know, which rom is the most suitable for zte racer gen2. Thank you.

Guest CHE00

Thanks for your useful information and i would like you telling me , if you know, which rom is the most suitable for zte racer gen2. Thank you.

Sorry i don`t know, You need to look exactly zte racer 2 (gen1, gen2,- this is the firmware version of a device -zte racer 1)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Microemission

my zte racer is gen1

i've installed 1.7gen1, but since it was impossible to work with due to many ghost keys appearing on a single touch, and was impossible to deal with.

i then flashed the 1.5-alpha2 kernel right after, and the 1.7with 1.5alpha2kernel touchscreen worked acceptably(although still with some flaws and ghost keys). from what i can tell, these keys are ghost, but the most occasional ones , when texting, come from letters on the left side of the keyboard(say you are hitting the letter O and the letter Q or W appears as well....... or pressing L gives A or S)

at least it works ok

another thing is i am trying to install busybox (from installer or normal from google apps) but it just simply cannot even having given root permission. (i was trying to install that v6 supercharger from xda-dev)

anyway the only major flaw is really the touchscreen, as far as i can tell from the rest works fine, not much to fuss about.

installing 1.6gen2 and then 1.5alpha2 works too, but i think there are flaws like not locking the phone properly or putting it on airmode it doesnt allow me to put airmode back off withouth rebooting.

also to mention that i have clockworkmod ver 3.something installed. ver 5 doesnt work for me, and a ver4 version does work, but even though i can interact, i coudlnt select anything with it(but i am not 100% sure because when i had it installed, it was my 1st time working with cwm :-) )

i am sure about ver 5 not beeing able to work with my gen1.

as for wifi, i think wifi problems occur in every rom. if you cannot authenticate, make sure you have the right passwod and network.

If you do, then try hitting Menu->advanced on wifi settings, and define a static IP address with gateway/mask/dns.

Also on wifi settings configure so it stays enabled all the time,, and not disconnect when the phone goes off.

if it still doesnt work, try rebooting your phone and the router too perhaps.

Reading back, i was intrigued about Mizahnyx comment:

" Anyone knows where is the part of the kernel that deals with the touchscreen tweaks? I remember there is another source code for ZTE kernel that I compiled, and when I flashed it, the touchscreen was working superbly (But neither 3D accel nor the accelerometer were working). "

I am not into rom development, but perhaps it could help regarding the touchscreen? Its really what is lacking in the rom, in my view.

Another thing i notice, but it's not exactly a request, more like a note.. (again as i said the touchscreen is the root of all evil, the rest is just fine), it would be nice to have the clock and weather(mainly the weather because u can see the clock on upper right corner) on the main screen. I knowyou can see the weather on the clock menu, but its just a suggestion, that i know that not everyone will like it.(or at least have a configuration to be able to do that). The google search isnt really appealing to me because i usually open the browser anyway :D.

Guest Microemission

forgot to say but.. right now i was trying nfs.shift(after trying nfs the run that worked well), and it crashes when the main intro, or the intro(or race, not sure) before the race starts. may not be a rom's fault. It may have to be me with not having enough ram. But i think i will tryi installing this chainfire3D app thats talked about over on youtube.com/watch?v=ywn5Xw9MDLI . Also its meantioned to try calibrating the touchscreen with nook screen calibrator or similar(but im just a newb, only started trying ad messing around this a couple of days ago), but im not sure it'll work.

A big thank you for mike for providing awesome rom and zte racer support till today.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Microemission

im able to install recovery manager v0.37b but i'm not able to run it, it crashes saying the following message:(translated)

The application Recovery Manager(process com.podtwo.RecoveryManager) stopped in an expected way. Try again.

Also if someone knows of a way to increase the icon size i apreciate it if you could tell me :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest denisioneanu

Is working to ZTE  Racer II ????? Please reply! for zte racer i find a video how a man installed cynaogen mod, but when i search for zte racer ii, i didnt find anything.(bad english) Please reply, do somthing,please.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Mizahnyx

I downloaded the sources and did as the README.md said (using the repo tool and all that) but the resulting sources on ~/android/cm7 don't have a 'kernel' directory and thus the compilation script fails... any hint on how to compile RacerMod from sources?

• 2 years later...