[DEV][ROM] RacerMod 1.7 [19/04/2013] CyanogenMod 7.2 port with 2.6.35.7 kernel & CWM Recovery 5.0.2.8

Guest mikeioannina

Guest mikeioannina

I don't know where that msm7k.gralloc error is comming from but the interesting part is that I don't have any mooncake.gralloc information logs regarding graphics, since you're building it from source, could it be related to the screen issue?

Yes I built gralloc & copybit from source. msm7k.gralloc is the prebuilt you use but I use source-built mooncake.gralloc instead. I was suspicious that the screen issue came from gralloc but I couldn't find any info on the internet about this error.

The interesting part is that in your logcat there is "msm7k.gralloc( 878): RGB565" which means the screen uses RGB565 format, I'll check if my sources use this format too.

Guest GuyOverThere

Yes I built gralloc & copybit from source. msm7k.gralloc is the prebuilt you use but I use source-built mooncake.gralloc instead. I was suspicious that the screen issue came from gralloc but I couldn't find any info on the internet about this error.

The interesting part is that in your logcat there is "msm7k.gralloc( 878): RGB565" which means the screen uses RGB565 format, I'll check if my sources use this format too.

But I don't even have a "msm7k.gralloc" prebuilt, mine is gralloc.mooncake.so unless 'msm7k.gralloc' is the internal name on the prebuilt =S

Edit://

Well I can tell you that the disorted screen issue doesn't seem to be kernel problem, I compiled a new kernel with your sources, only changed defconfig since everything else is pretty much the same (few things differ in board-zte-mooncake and board-zte-mooncake-keypad but nothing important right now) and the screen isn't disorted, still have the weird flickering/refresh thing and power button doesn't work and wifi dead same as mine, but no disorted screen.

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest GuyOverThere

how about the libs that were released by the manufacturer? I remember those didn't work but as it's a different kernel...

Which one? the 4.0 libs?

Guest GuyOverThere

Well, for anyone interested, the test I've being able to make indicates the following:

- Touchscreen kinda works. It has a flicker/refresh perphaps related to some buffer thing since sometimes you can see an old view from a previous activity to appear (like a buffer that hasn't been cleaned from memory). This flicker happens for almost every touch so it makes the screen difficult to work with. Calibration is ok though.

- Wifi is dead, using the good old mooncake ar6000.ko or using blade's ar6000.ko (they are different) and related wifi files doesn't matter, android is unable to load wifi, no wlan0 to be found.

- Camera doesn't work

- Power button doesn't work (don't really get it, the leds react to it if pressed but it doesn't do anything else);

- Copybits fail but I don't know what exactly is failing, all it says is: copyBits failed (Invalid argument), also:

[ 10-27 19:09:45.740 878:0x376 E/copybit ]

copyBits failed (Invalid argument)

[ 10-27 19:09:45.740 878:0x376 E/libagl ]

copybit failed (Unknown error: -22)

- Keypad (end, home, back), vol+, vol-, call and end call buttons are working

- sdcard access, usb mount and battery charging works

- Audio works

- Bluetooth works

- Ril seems to work ok

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest GuyOverThere

Update on progress...

- Screen flickering/refresh is gone it seems :) The problem was caused by copybit (what part of it I don't know since racer's prebuilt), using copybit from blade is enough to have the screen working alright.

- Camera is working now, possibly previous errors where because of a miss-selection during menuconfig (well, at least model MT9T11X, this is not brazilian racer phones, not sure if that is MT9D115 or other, there are several currently enable on the kernel)

Wifi still dead, no matter what I test, I'm even making sure to have the correct name for the kernel (2.6.35.7-perf+ as it's hardcoded in ar6000.ko), power button still dead as well, I really really don't understand that one :(

This are the current kernels I have:

Gen1: http://www.mediafire...q653lws6z2fogij

Gen2: http://www.mediafire...8242i1xcr7d1mne

For the screen to work alright with this kernels you need blade's copybit: http://www.mediafire...e5kpsz8hmp7tz76

This are for testing only, this are working on my rom which is compiled from CM7 sources and mooncake devices files from my repo, nothing extra or special is added in my rom so in theory it should work with other CM7 roms you've downloaded from here, I do know however that at least for people with Zte Carl there are problems (apparently with libs) but mikeioannina is the only one currently testing that.

If anyone want to try this kernels and report back anything else beyond wifi and power button dead it would really help us :)

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest zecinikolaz

i try for gen1 this test kernel on miui patch rom from equlium, and must say that there is no lag with this new kernel, except camera is not responding, actualy its responding, but there is only white color on it, i gona flash phone properly and then make some conklusion

Guest GuyOverThere

i try for gen1 this test kernel on miui patch rom from equlium, and must say that there is no lag with this new kernel, except camera is not responding, actualy its responding, but there is only white color on it, i gona flash phone properly and then make some conklusion

What phone is this? if it's racer where it was sold? (different camera drivers are used in different countries =/)

As for the copybit thing, for now the best way is to use adb to create a backup of your current copybit:

adb shell mv /system/lib/hw/copybit.mooncake.so /system/lib/hw/copybit.mooncake.so.racer

and then push the copybit.mooncake.so you get from the zip file

adb push whatever_you_put_it/copybit.mooncake.so /system/lib/hw/copybit.mooncake.so

After testing just rename again copybit.mooncake.so.racer to copybit.mooncake.so

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest mikeioannina

- Screen flickering/refresh is gone it seems :) The problem was caused by copybit (what part of it I don't know since racer's prebuilt), using copybit from blade is enough to have the screen working alright.

Wifi still dead, no matter what I test, I'm even making sure to have the correct name for the kernel (2.6.35.7-perf+ as it's hardcoded in ar6000.ko), power button still dead as well, I really really don't understand that one :(

I don't understand how it works, copybit is built from source on blade, I built from source too but screen doesn't work. I'll check & fix all the device folder sources tomorrow

About the power button check if the key uses the correct keycode in /system/usr/keylayout/mooncake-keypal.kl

Guest GuyOverThere

I don't understand how it works, copybit is built from source on blade, I built from source too but screen doesn't work. I'll check & fix all the device folder sources tomorrow

Not sure about that one sorry =/ I tried 3 libs: the current one (racer prebuilt) = flickering screen, blade-aosp rom = good, blade-cm7 rom = good; I don't know if aosp and cm7 build copybits with different options and settings but the flickering only stopped using prebuilt copybit from blade

About the power button check if the key uses the correct keycode in /system/usr/keylayout/mooncake-keypal.kl

This is what makes me don't understand this thing, mooncake-keypad.kl doesn't conflict with the driver in .32 kernel which is the same board-zte-mooncake-keypad.c that I'm using with .35 kernel :-\ also power key is defined in 7k_handset.kl not mooncake-keypad but I'm going to remove both .kl files to test and see if that stops this madness xD

Edit:// Aha!!!!! 7k_handset.kl was indeed conflicting ¬¬ I don't understand why it didn't create problems with .32 kernel but doesn't matter, thanks mike! :D

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest noobzone

in theory it should work with other CM7 roms you've downloaded from here,...

in theory. but in practice, unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't get it to work on latest nightly from equilim. even did a clean install. my problem starts right when trying to boot. press the power button, green android shows up and red led lights up to. nice nice. then the red led lights off, green android fades away (yes fading not disappearing like in normal boot) screen back light stays on and. done. no more booting. as I'm tipping this I'm saving the logcat and this is what it says http://pastebin.com/hZXhsZWa yes I know "RACER-MIUI-CM-7.2.0-RC2" I was testing this one to because of the other post where zecinikolaz said it was working...

Guest mikeioannina

Not sure about that one sorry =/ I tried 3 libs: the current one (racer prebuilt) = flickering screen, blade-aosp rom = good, blade-cm7 rom = good; I don't know if aosp and cm7 build copybits with different options and settings but the flickering only stopped using prebuilt copybit from blade

Edit:// Aha!!!!! 7k_handset.kl was indeed conflicting ¬¬ I don't understand why it didn't create problems with .32 kernel but doesn't matter, thanks mike! :D

Are you using prebuilt gralloc from your device folder in github?

Guest GuyOverThere

in theory. but in practice, unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't get it to work on latest nightly from equilim. even did a clean install. my problem starts right when trying to boot. press the power button, green android shows up and red led lights up to. nice nice. then the red led lights off, green android fades away (yes fading not disappearing like in normal boot) screen back light stays on and. done. no more booting. as I'm tipping this I'm saving the logcat and this is what it says http://pastebin.com/hZXhsZWa yes I know "RACER-MIUI-CM-7.2.0-RC2" I was testing this one to because of the other post where zecinikolaz said it was working...

Yeah, that's why "in theory" is bolded ;)

You tested two different roms right? equiliym nightly and mui?

From logcat, gralloc issue, could you try using gralloc lib from blade?

This is the code responsable for it:

ramebufferNativeWindow::FramebufferNativeWindow()

: BASE(), fbDev(0), grDev(0), mUpdateOnDemand(false)

{

hw_module_t const* module;

if (hw_get_module(GRALLOC_HARDWARE_MODULE_ID, &module) == 0) {

int stride;

int err;

#ifdef OMAP_ENHANCEMENT

int i;

#endif

err = framebuffer_open(module, &fbDev);

LOGE_IF(err, "couldn't open framebuffer HAL (%s)", strerror(-err));

Are you using prebuilt gralloc from your device folder in github?

Had to :-\ since I had to use copybit I try with blade gralloc but the screen went dead (turned on but black)

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest noobzone

Yeah, that's why "in theory" is bolded ;)

You tested two different roms right? equiliym nightly and mui?

From logcat, gralloc issue, could you try using gralloc lib from blade?

This is the code responsable for it:

ramebufferNativeWindow::FramebufferNativeWindow()

: BASE(), fbDev(0), grDev(0), mUpdateOnDemand(false)

{

hw_module_t const* module;

if (hw_get_module(GRALLOC_HARDWARE_MODULE_ID, &module) == 0) {

int stride;

int err;

#ifdef OMAP_ENHANCEMENT

int i;

#endif

err = framebuffer_open(module, &fbDev);

LOGE_IF(err, "couldn't open framebuffer HAL (%s)", strerror(-err));

yes I tested 2 roms. now with the blade gralloc (I guess you meant gralloc.mooncake.so that comes from gralloc.blade.so and gralloc.default.so) well replaced one and same thing. replaced both and same thing happened. logcat still the same

I/AKMD2   (  203): AK8973/S for Android v0.9.0.601 (Lib : v2.0.0.119) started.

E/AKMD2   (  203): akmd2 : Device can't be opened.

I/AKMD2   (  203): AK8973/S for Android end.

D/DHCP    (  201): failed to set ip addr for wlan0 to 0.0.0.0: No such device

I/Zygote  (  195): Preloading classes...

E/Zygote  (  195): setreuid() failed. errno: 2

I/SurfaceFlinger(  281): SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run. Initializing graphics H/W...

E/FramebufferNativeWindow(  281): couldn't open framebuffer HAL (No such file or directory)

I/DEBUG   (  193): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

same errors except the second one witch evolved from an "E/Zygote ( 172): Couldn't find preloaded-classes." thing :S

Guest mikeioannina

Had to :-\ since I had to use copybit I try with blade gralloc but the screen went dead (turned on but black)

Well I built again with prebuilt gralloc and screen still doesn't work (distorted).

Is the device folder in your github updated? I want to build again using your device folder to see if it works for me

Guest GuyOverThere

yes I tested 2 roms. now with the blade gralloc (I guess you meant gralloc.mooncake.so that comes from gralloc.blade.so and gralloc.default.so) well replaced one and same thing. replaced both and same thing happened. logcat still the same

I/AKMD2 ( 203): AK8973/S for Android v0.9.0.601 (Lib : v2.0.0.119) started.

E/AKMD2 ( 203): akmd2 : Device can't be opened.

I/AKMD2 ( 203): AK8973/S for Android end.

D/DHCP ( 201): failed to set ip addr for wlan0 to 0.0.0.0: No such device

I/Zygote ( 195): Preloading classes...

E/Zygote ( 195): setreuid() failed. errno: 2

I/SurfaceFlinger( 281): SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run. Initializing graphics H/W...

E/FramebufferNativeWindow( 281): couldn't open framebuffer HAL (No such file or directory)

I/DEBUG ( 193): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

same errors except the second one witch evolved from an "E/Zygote ( 172): Couldn't find preloaded-classes." thing :S

Yeah, that's what I meant, but only for gralloc.mooncake.so, gralloc.default.so doesn't need to be changed (I think =/).

akmd2 is the compass and known error but since it hasn't worked since 2.3 roms it can be attended to later, also this error isn't fatal, it should boot alright still.

The preloading clases thing also non fatal, I'm also seeing it but I don't have any idea what's that about, not sure if is only a rom thing

Note taken for the fb device though, this fb fails the same way in both roms right? also, have you seen any error saying "couldn't open gralloc HAL"?

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest GuyOverThere

Well I built again with prebuilt gralloc and screen still doesn't work (distorted).

Is the device folder in your github updated? I want to build again using your device folder to see if it works for me

Yep, those are the ones I used for my current rom, I would avoid passing the .kl files though :P also check for any modifications that you don't want or need.

Guest noobzone

the gralloc only makes this appearance "I/DEBUG ( 193): 44b65d18 80603e75 /system/lib/hw/gralloc.mooncake.so" then it loops

it also made the appearance only when I replaced the files

Guest GuyOverThere

the gralloc only makes this appearance "I/DEBUG ( 193): 44b65d18 80603e75 /system/lib/hw/gralloc.mooncake.so" then it loops

it also made the appearance only when I replaced the files

Can you provide me the link of the mui rom you're using?

I'll check one of the equiliym's nightly later today and see what I can come up with

Guest mikeioannina

Yep, those are the ones I used for my current rom, I would avoid passing the .kl files though :P also check for any modifications that you don't want or need.

I built CM7 with your device folder and screen works now!

Guest GuyOverThere

I built CM7 with your device folder and screen works now!

Weird stuff indeed :-\ could it be a density setting wrong or hdpi resolution from an overlay or something?

This is my update-35.7-t3.zip and copybit from blade running racerboy's ICS-v5 mod rom

post-984787-0-41366200-1351459105.png

This is equilyim's nightly 0624, again with update-35.7-t3.zip and copybit from blade

post-984787-0-68569100-1351460152.png

Either I've the best zte phone ever that accepts anything I put in it or I don't know =/ if I can't reproduce the errors I'm pretty much blocked.

I'll test the mui rom if noobzone or someone else pass me the link (I want the same one that has been reported having issues)

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest mikeioannina

Weird stuff indeed :-\ could it be a density setting wrong or hdpi resolution from an overlay or something?

Don't know how it works, now I'm making changes to my device folder to be similar to yours and see if it still works

Guest noobzone

you really have a phone witch accepts everything. I can't even boot with the one you posted there o.O ics v5 and copybit. same thing as before. I have all the roms in a folder in my pc but it was the RC2(no updates so rc2.0) from the first release http://www.modaco.co...i-patchrom-rc2/ this one if I'm not mistaken.

could you upload an zipped backup of the rom + kernel just to see if that works? I really don't know what the hell is wrong. even tested gen 2 (just covering all the options) and still nothing. o.O

Edited by noobzone