[DEV][ROM] RacerMod 1.7 [19/04/2013] CyanogenMod 7.2 port with 2.6.35.7 kernel & CWM Recovery 5.0.2.8

Guest mikeioannina

Another bug: the wifi cannot work fine on racer.

it will forece close. i do not know these bugs if since that i havent wipe date/factory reset. i will do it and reply you soon.

Guest noobzone

well that's odd. I'm still with the keyboard bug. except with 0. calibration on the top of the screen is fine but halfway it get's messy. and if I get closer to the soft keys it gets even crazier. and also wi-fi not working. nothing more to report

Guest mikeioannina

well that's odd. I'm still with the keyboard bug. except with 0. calibration on the top of the screen is fine but halfway it get's messy. and if I get closer to the soft keys it gets even crazier. and also wi-fi not working. nothing more to report

Did you wipe/factory reset?

Guest noobzone

Did you wipe/factory reset?

yes. wipe in the main menu. then went to storage and formatted every single one of them except sd-card of course. installed rom and gapps. tried to log in and bam numbers didn't work o.O

Guest GuyOverThere

I don't know where other racers are getting the wifi errors but in my phone wifi is working fine with the latest build, no fc and connects without issues, the only thing related to wifi I didn't try was tethering since I don't have what to test it with.

Can't comment on the keypad/keyboard bug thing (if it's calibration for instance, since I had to use my kernel when testing it and keypad was working fine, I pressed secuentially 1, 2, 3,... till 0 and all was good)

It's better for those who have issues with wifi or something else to provide at least logcat files, it will (or should) provide more info that just this isn't working or this fc.

Guest Glock24

Hello,

I just installed the ROM v1.2 on my racer, I noticed that the keyboard bug is still present. I did a full wipe and reinstalled just in case, and the bug was still there.

With the previous version I nticed that after a while (several hours) data conectivity was lost. It could be reactivated by either rebooting the phone or enabling and then disabling airplane mode. Will report if that behaviour is still present with v1.2

Some additional bugs found:

- WiFi does not work

- Turning on WiFi, changes network mode to 2G

Don't know if it's related to the ROM update, but V6 supercharger does not work anymore, causes SM to FC. The script worked fine with all previous ROMS.

Edited by Glock24

Guest mikeioannina

I need logcats from all the bugs you have guys, I can't magically solve the problems :/

You don't need a pc to take a logcat, you can use terminal emulator. Type logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt and then send me the logcat.

I need logcats from all the bugs you have guys, I can't magically solve the problems :/

You don't need a pc to take a logcat, you can use terminal emulator. Type logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt and then send me the logcat.

I am sorry . i have install the older roms. And i have delete the RacerMod 1.2. For now i cannot provide the logcat. i have to download the update.zip again. i will provide you the logcat in somedays. So sorry...

Guest -=PAC-MAN=-

I install 20121117 (only wipe davlik)

-----------------

WiFi is not working now

-----------------

keyboard bug remained

-----------------

on/off screen animation works

-----------------

not running a new line in a multiline field (textarea) ex. when i write mail - email.apk

-----------------

logcat2.txt

Edited by -=PAC-MAN=-

Guest GuyOverThere

Given the experimental nature of this rom, I think it's more helpful if it's tested in a clean state, by this I mean full-wipe and install, also, nothing extra installed beyond what's already in the rom except perhaps gapps. If there are leftover files (specially apk files), settings, blobs, whatever on the system before installing the rom it's quite possible to have bugs that are not really part of the original rom/kernel. The same applies for changing settings like CPU clock, compcache, governor, etc... make tests on the rom as it comes by default, if everything is good then setting A and B can be changed and if a problem arose from such change then is easier to backtrace the bug since only those A and B settings were applied before a particular error.

In my case this is what I do for every test I try:

Reboot into recovery.

Backup my current working rom (nandroid).

Factory reset/Data wipe.

Mounts and storage -> format /boot and format /system

Advanced -> wipe dalvik

Install from zip -> chose zip from sdcard -> install rom.

From here on is all tests... first touchscreen (pretty obvious xD), verify scrolling functionallity going from desk 3 to desk 1 to desk 5, then activate wifi and connect to my router, navigate web pages and close, then activate bluetooth and search for devices I know it should report, deactivate gps, reboot, install gapps, install google maps, activate gps, test apps like location, maps, etc... to verify gps status, open up dial, type numbers from 1 to 0, * and # type in and call to the number of other phone I have, check speaker sound, deactivate wifi and verify ril operation by connecting to google maps and web pages with edge and 3g, open up camera, take foto, return to camera and change to video recording mode, record video and close, open up android terminal and type every key, number and symbol, first in portrait mode and then in landscape, change screen brightness, verify accelerometer sensor and rotation animations, change wallpapers from cyanogenmod to live wallpapers, open up music app and play a song, verify sound up and down buttons, close long press power and reboot recovery.

full wipe again, and restore my previous rom. done.

From latest mike's rom the only error I had was magicsmoke which fc everytime.

Also, in case of hardware errors (wifi can't be enable, which is different to wifi not connecting, accelerometer not working, speaker issues, camera, etc...) it'll be useful if dmesg is provided, similar to what mike said about logcat, from terminal emulator just run: dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt and send that when you're able.

Guest mikeioannina

smartassv2 245/672MHz - 2day without recharging

--------------

MagicSmoke has a bug

It's not MagicSmoke bug, it's hardware acceleration that we don't have bug

Guest mikeioannina

Network is broken on Carl nightly, use the Racer one but accelerometer is broken in this one.

EDIT: Many things are broken in the Carl nightly, many graphic bugs and I'm also getting random reboots. I'll investigate this issue.

Edited by mikeioannina

Guest jogjadroid

hi mike, i have installed CM7 carl on freddo

accelerometer could work, albeit a little lag

signal operator error, I have not tries bluetooth

however, thumbs up for you :D

this is my logcat

logcat.txt

Edited by jogjadroid

Guest mikeioannina

Hey guys, I've been doing some work all these days to fix some bugs but it's a big trouble since new bugs appear out of nowhere, for example using the new libsensor breaks the GSM network, USB connection and many many things...

So I reverted my sources to the first nightly and I'm slowly adding the changes to find out first what causes the keyboard numbers bug... when I find it we'll have some progress and then soon a new version

EDIT: I found it! /system/usr/keychars/mooncake-keypad.kcm.bin causes the keyboard numbers bug. I removed it and everything works fine. Can you try this?

Edited by mikeioannina