[RECOVERY]ClockworkMod 6.0.2.7[30/12]

Guest razzmataz1478

Guest razzmataz1478

I bealive questioning about root is security mesure, what about battery stats? same?

Koush removed it because it didn't make any difference and was utterly pointless.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Does anyone have a zip file so i can just upgrade to this recovery trough CWM 4.0.1.5?

I had a simple .zip a while back where i could just change the recovery.img and flash it. Because everytime i do a TPT i cant restore a nandroid because the nandroid was made with a newer version then 4.0.1.5

Thanks in advance :)

Guest omegavesko
Does anyone have a zip file so i can just upgrade to this recovery trough CWM 4.0.1.5?

I had a simple .zip a while back where i could just change the recovery.img and flash it. Because everytime i do a TPT i cant restore a nandroid because the nandroid was made with a newer version then 4.0.1.5

Thanks in advance :)

Pretty sure it's impossible to flash a recovery using a zip. Maybe you modified a TPT or something?

Guest plegdroid

flash via terminal emulator :)

su

flash image recovery /sdcard /recovery.img

just place the img on the root of your sdcard, and use the above commands.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Wacky.ddw

i know i have it flashed that way rightnow, but when i use tpt helper im stuck without a rom normally i flash this trough 4.0.1.5 but the zip is on a pc i cant acces now

Guest almera8
i know i have it flashed that way rightnow, but when i use tpt helper im stuck without a rom normally i flash this trough 4.0.1.5 but the zip is on a pc i cant acces now

Yes it is possible, I have posted a link to such a zip in the cwm sticky thread, it should be on the last page of that thread.

Edit: Here is the link to my post:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/344820-09-Aug:-ClockworkMod-Recovery-4.0.1.4-(unofficial-MoDaCo-edition)-for-the-ZTE-Skate#entry2080748

Edited by almera8

Guest Wacky.ddw

Thanks that was exactly what i was looking for :) This way i can:

Install rom > look at its system size > make tpt > make nandroid backup > flash tpt > flash new recovery > restore nandroid

It worked like a charm thanks :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

I have to ask,does this recovery has some improvements compared old ver. 4?In other words why install this recovery rather than last one?This not cynical question ,i m realy interested for that :) .

I have to ask,does this recovery has some improvements compared old ver. 4?In other words why install this recovery rather than last one?This not cynical question ,i m realy interested for that :) .

Backup of sd-ext (formated with ext3 and mounteed as ext4) works with this version. And so does restore! I tested it.

Guest Redstarr1

Backup of sd-ext (formated with ext3 and mounteed as ext4) works with this version. And so does restore! I tested it.

Yeah but backing up sd-ext worked with CWM4 as well, sd-ext issues were with TWRP and maybe CWM5 afaik. I don't see anything different aside from the removal of some useless options (clearing battery stats for example). Maybe backups are a bit more compact, that would explain why they're not compatible with previous versions.

Yeah but backing up sd-ext worked with CWM4 as well, sd-ext issues were with TWRP and maybe CWM5 afaik. I don't see anything different aside from the removal of some useless options (clearing battery stats for example). Maybe backups are a bit more compact, that would explain why they're not compatible with previous versions.

I could never backup my sd-ext with CWM4.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest silverchair

Pretty sure it's impossible to flash a recovery using a zip. Maybe you modified a TPT or something?

Pretty sure you are WRONG, see this thread:

I've used the flashable .zip on my blade and it works like a charm, so yes there can be a flashable CWM, but somebody has to do it ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trueno2k

Just wanted to voice my opinions about CWM... The following link shows you a custom version of 5.0.2.7 that I love and still use on my Wildfire because the functions on there are brilliant and have their reasons for being there... Here is a link to the thread on XDA --> http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1112971 would be so brilliant if more of these functions such as "Turn device off", ext2/3/4 partitioning, etc etc be included in future releases of CWM for the Skate...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest trueno2k
All these functions are already in CWM6 as well...
Just checked CWM 6.0.2.7 and no where it asks which type of ext partition to format nor does it have an option to turn off device, both of which functions used with CWM 5.0.2.7 in my Wildfire is always used...

Guest razzmataz1478

Just checked CWM 6.0.2.7 and no where it asks which type of ext partition to format nor does it have an option to turn off device, both of which functions used with CWM 5.0.2.7 in my Wildfire is always used...

Hm..ok. I couldn't check because my Skate's died.

Guest razzmataz1478

@razzmataz

if sadly RIP skate, what new phone do you use?

have a nice day

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic :P

Looking at getting an Xperia T though.