[RECOVERY]ClockworkMod 6.0.2.7[30/12]

Guest razzmataz1478

Guest jtharmor

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic :P

Looking at getting an Xperia T though.

:) I used the same phone when i lost my skate.......but got it back after 3 weeks....

Guest razzmataz1478

:) I used the same phone when i lost my skate.......but got it back after 3 weeks....

Haha, I couldn't help hacking it with a CFW either :P

Got an Xperia T now though :D

• 2 months later...
Guest Schwedenbitter

Somehow I'm in big trouble right now.

I installed the ColdFusionX 3 ROM for the Skate. It worked well until I tried to change brightness via the new status bar buttons to a black screen. A reboot doesn't change this stupid status. So i tried my luck booting to CWM, which doesn't work either.

I still can boot into CWM holding power and volume '-' the same time. It worked fine the hole day. But now when I could need it the most, it doesn't. The CWM screen appears, but none of the hardware buttons does any reaction. Only pressing the power buttong again lets CWM reboot into either the not useable CWM itself or the unuseable (black screened) ROM.

I think its a bug wihtin the ROM. But it bricks my phone until I can't flash new zips or make at least a factory reset.

Does somebody have any ideas?

Guest marko_serb

Schwedenbitter, you can install a stock ROM using "Image" folder on sd-card and then install a working CWM and restore a previous backup.

Guest Schwedenbitter

Thanks for your hint. Sorry for expressing myself wrong:

CWM 6.0.2.7 works just fine, if there's a ROM installed, which allows to reboot into recovery. In this case the keys work properly. This phenomenon only appears, if I try to boot into recovery by myself - turning on the phone with volume pressed. Then it never works on my phone. I just wanted to know, if someone else does have this problem.

Usually I only need it this way, if i got stuck trying a new ROM. So it doesn't matter, if my settings, apps, etc. are lost.

But I figured out, that one can make a factory reset with specific keys on boot time, CWM starts this way and the keys work. I found this via youtube. Right now I can't exactly say, which keys that are. I went back to ParanoidJelly 2.81 which works perfect for me and I don't want a reboot with factory reset. I tried 4 ROMs with Android 4.2.2, each of them wasn't good enought for daily use.

I won't forget this thread. So if I once will have this problem again, I'll post the keyboard shortcuts for others ... just in their case.

• 2 weeks later...