[ROM] [JB] Paranoid Android 2.x for the ZTE Crescent!

Guest rymate1234

Guest relaxpn

I have trimmed the rom down a bit, had some problems with the a2sd script among with the minimal gapps not installing the google store application. Also some functions were not working, like lockscreen and the phone was acting a bit strange.

Removed:

Apollo music player,

Language files,

Video editor,

Live wallpapers,

Few notifications and ringtones.

Original size: 129,1mB --->>> trimmed to 111,5mB.

This is the vivacity, tt+ version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?aulhiji8xf4yvhh

So, I have installed the trimmed rom, omx patch from the first page, minimal gapps, a2sd script and everything has worked fine untill now.

Thanks for the awesome rom, will test the battery life once I manage to charge my phone back to 100%.

Edited by relaxpn

Guest cartwheelbob

I have trimmed the rom down a bit, had some problems with the a2sd script among with the minimal gapps not installing the google store application. Also some functions were not working, like lockscreen and the phone was acting a bit strange.

Removed:

Apollo music player,

Language files,

Video editor,

Live wallpapers,

http://www.mediafire...aulhiji8xf4yvhh

So, I have installed the trimmed rom, omx patch from the first page, minimal gapps, a2sd script and everything has worked fine untill now.

Thanks for the awesome rom, will test the battery life once I manage to charge my phone back to 100%.

Thanks - Does the home button work?

Guest cartwheelbob

i've got vivacity and home button does not work along with slide lock. Will try relaxpn's trimmed version tonight

Edited by cartwheelbob

Guest cartwheelbob

okay same problem Tell me what happens

Good News! Everything I need now works. Got my slide lock and home button functioning again. A tip with the weird camera colours and strange goings on - download Camera ICS, seems a lot more stable, a lot less funky colours. I've been able to take normal picks, panoramic pics and video with minimal lag, random colours down the screen or issues.

I'll let you know if I have any issues as I play a bit more with it, but seems stable enough on my TMV!

Guest reedo_17

Good News! Everything I need now works. Got my slide lock and home button functioning again. A tip with the weird camera colours and strange goings on - download Camera ICS, seems a lot more stable, a lot less funky colours. I've been able to take normal picks, panoramic pics and video with minimal lag, random colours down the screen or issues.

I'll let you know if I have any issues as I play a bit more with it, but seems stable enough on my TMV!

So the home button works on the trimmed version

Guest reedo_17

I think its the gapps minimal which is breaking the homebutton and lock button because i just flashed Dazzozo's CM10 and i installed the minimal gapps i had not home button etc and no play store again but ive just reflashed it without gapps and i now have a homebutton weird :S

Guest ruyzalim

I think its the gapps minimal which is breaking the homebutton and lock button because i just flashed Dazzozo's CM10 and i installed the minimal gapps i had not home button etc and no play store again but ive just reflashed it without gapps and i now have a homebutton weird :S

hello i tryed both roms and with minimal gapps or not homebutton works :o dont know whats going on with your phone thats strange :/

edited : tryed the new rom of 30/11/2012 cm10 and have the same problem has you now with or withou gapps installed!

Edited by ruyzalim

Guest cartwheelbob

hello i tryed both roms and with minimal gapps or not homebutton works :o dont know whats going on with your phone thats strange :/

edited : tryed the new rom of 30/11/2012 cm10 and have the same problem has you now with or withou gapps installed!

Stick with this ROM then, it seems stable enough. or does the other cm10 rom have any superior features? If you delete a few apk's from the rom it'll work, either that or flash a different TPT with larger system parition

Guest ruyzalim

Stick with this ROM then, it seems stable enough. or does the other cm10 rom have any superior features? If you delete a few apk's from the rom it'll work, either that or flash a different TPT with larger system parition

i dont know if the other rom have any superior features the version of 30\11\2012 i dicovered that is not released it for the vivacity thats why it dont work on my phone i couldnt test it

Removed:

Apollo music player,

Language files,

Video editor,

Live wallpapers,

http://www.mediafire...aulhiji8xf4yvhh

russian delete ?

Edited by emulov

Guest ruyzalim

hello anyone knows how to flash a TPT on this rom i tryed to press volume + more menu button and doesnt work its doesnt start to flash :( and this rom doesnt have the system update option from the settings menu

thank you

edited: found solution thanks:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/356936-tpt-mode-and-vivacity-capactive-buttons/#entry2012457

Edited by ruyzalim

Guest OuahOuah

What a promising rom :)

Thanks rymate for the work.

Maybe no more update as all seems to work as it is possible.

Video/camera are zte related problems and will never be solved so.. thanks again :)

Will give it a try from FNC7 with a TPT 200 system.

Tried CM10 before but switched back to FNC because of the problems with camera.

Hope it will semms better :)

Also, did you people realizes that even a SG3 have not a 4.2 Jb ? lol

Don't know if any phone have this android version yet.

Officially I think not.

Yeah :)

Hope the "can't install app no more free space" bug like in CM10 is not present.

EDIT :

Finally, flashed it :)

First question :which settings do you use on paranoid ? Because size is not good !

Very small texts :(

What did you change exactly ?

Edited by OuahOuah

Guest gooey1994

Anyone ever get a probelem installing this rom, anyway I have tried to install this rom, I get all the usual messages, finding update package, opening update package, Installing update and after a few minutes, I get a symlink error

symlink: some symlinks failed

E:Error in /sdcard/pa_blade2-2.99-19Nov12-073914.zip (Status 7)

Installation aborted.

I have searched google about this and have found no solutions, does anyone on here know. This also appears to be a problem with the latest versions of Paranoid Android.

Thanks

Guest S3RiOUSS

Hey guys i just flashed and everything is working great but with this rom i am unable to connect to wi fi or use bluetooth....i dont really care about bluetooth but i need WiFi.Any way to fix this?

In about phone it says Wi-Fi MAC Adress - Unavaible

Also everytime i launch appstore screen flicker and shut down appstore....

Edited by S3RiOUSS

Guest S3RiOUSS

Ok i reflashed,this time without int2ext+ and appstore works now,but still no Wi Fi...... :(

Alsoi must say camera surprised me pleasantly.

This is the only ROM that allowed me to successfully record video in 800x480 resolution using lg camera.

But failed to record in h264 codec.

I tryed many roms and if anyone is interested here are my results:

MAX Settings i achieved:

This rom - 800x480,h263 at 5mbps

Fish N Chips,CM7 - 640x480,h263 at 3mbps

Kick Ass Rom,GB Stock - 640x480,h264/mp4 at 5 mbps

All roms were limited to 15 fps no matter what quality settings atre......:(

I dont know why some roms record fine in h264 while other fails......

Video playback works smooth with NO glitches what so ever.Settings are:

800x480 Resolution,h264 codec at 5 mbps and mp3 at 128 kbps

Edited by S3RiOUSS

Guest Fighttack

The ROM works fine!

But one question: When I got a SMS, in the Fish and Chips ROM the LED blinks orange (SMS program was GO SMS Pro). Now, no LED blinks when getting a SMS (SMS program is GO SMS Pro with the same preferences like on Fish and Chips ROM)

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...