[Mod] Link2Int v1.1 - [Use 2GB internal as app storage - tested with CM9/CM10/CM10.1] 03/12

Guest Cyda

Guest spicysomtam

Strange, my init scripts stopped working yesterday after upgrading busybox. On boot, the mount for link2int is not setup. If I run it later, no apps are picked up. Anyone know how to fix/debug init.d? :angry2:

Strange, my init scripts stopped working yesterday after upgrading busybox. On boot, the mount for link2int is not setup. If I run it later, no apps are picked up. Anyone know how to fix/debug init.d? :angry2:

You should be able to use Pimpmyrom to fix the init.d support. Make a nandroid first just in case.

https://play.google....mp.my.rom&hl=en

Edited by Cyda

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Liesse

I had some trouble with this mod on Daz's new CM10.1 R3. Maybe user specific, certainly caused by user inattention.

Make sure that you run the installed Link2SD quickly BEFORE the Play store downloads a new version of the app for you.

I happily let mine download without thinking about it the first time before I set the thing up the way I wanted it. Once the new version had downloaded, it kept asking me where it wanted the default scripts placing. I had no idea what to click there, kept getting errors and my happily installing apps gave a load of errors.

A factory reset and reflash later, I remembered to run Link2SD as soon as the phone decided it was usable. No issues at all this time. Google play updated the app which seemed to keep my previous settings without issue.

Edited by Liesse

• 1 month later...
Guest sakana280

This one's an informational post (and also a reference for myself later when i bungle my next OTA).

I just applied an OTA firmware upgrade for CM9 and found that every boot there was an "Android is upgrading" dialog and many apps would crash when started... reinstalling affected apps seemed to work, but i didn't want to do that for all my apps and lose their settings. Various posts online mentioned file permissions and reinstalling Titanium Backup, none of which helped my situation. It eventually twigged that it might be a Link2SD / Link2Int thing, so reading the very first post for this topic, the solution is spelled out very clearly: re-flash Link2Int after any flashing a ROM! After the 2nd reboot, no more "android is upgrading" and no more crashy apps :)

Thank you Cyda for an awesome tool!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest crawlingcity

hey there.

well, for some unknown (yet) reason, the script won't mount on boot. I can mount it manually via adb shell , but , it's not pratical and its not suppose to be this way. still looking into the issue, but it's a pain in the ass so far.

ROM: SlimRom

Guest oldfella

hey there.

well, for some unknown (yet) reason, the script won't mount on boot. I can mount it manually via adb shell , but , it's not pratical and its not suppose to be this way. still looking into the issue, but it's a pain in the ass so far.

ROM: SlimRom

check the rom supports init.d ?

Guest crawlingcity

check the rom supports init.d ?

It does. And it worked previously, i linked several of my apps to the sdext folder. but after i rebooted the mount script stopped working.

Guest crawlingcity

well, i gave up. ended up partioning my sdcard (since i have 8gb having 1gb dedicated to apps is not that much) and i'm using link2sd normally. to bad it won't just "work" out of the box on slimrom.

PS: I'm not blaming cyda or anything, its obviously a rom fault. Just posting incase someone else has the same problem.

Guest Cyda

Anyone know if this can be used on the G510?

I used it on my g300 and miss it so much.

I've not looked at one of those models; it would all depend on if the partitions were numbered the same as on the G300, I'd doubt it though.

Edited by Cyda

Guest moochermick

I've not looked at one of those models; it would all depend on if the partitions were numbered the same as on the G300, I'd doubt it though.

Thanks for the reply, I have looked at the partitions and I think on g510 it is mmcblk0p18 or something.

I created partition on external sd to get install.recovery.sh then edited the file to above block.

It shows the partitions in link2sd but not sure why it still links to /data. Will remove partition on external sd and see what happens.if i figure it out, would it be ok to share it in the g510 section?

Guest derei

Do I still have to follow some steps listed in here , especially for partitioning the external SD ? I flashed the file, I also have Link2SD application installed but I cannot move anything on the internal 2GB partition. It moves either on the SD or on the internal 756MB storage.

I am using a Baidu ROM (a earlier version of this ).

If you need some logs/files/anything, just tell me how to reach them and I will provide.

Guest Cyda

Thanks for the reply, I have looked at the partitions and I think on g510 it is mmcblk0p18 or something.

I created partition on external sd to get install.recovery.sh then edited the file to above block.

It shows the partitions in link2sd but not sure why it still links to /data. Will remove partition on external sd and see what happens.if i figure it out, would it be ok to share it in the g510 section?

If the only difference is that the partition number has changed then you shouldn't need to do anything more than edit the 01link2int_mount file in the Link2Int zip. Double check the partition numbers and make sure that the partiton is mmcblk0p18 and if so then do the following:

Open the link2int zip with 7zip, open the file /data/local/userinit.d/01link2int_mount with notepad++ and change this line:

mount -t vfat -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p19 /data/sdext2 1>>$LOG 2>>$LOG

to

mount -t vfat -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p18 /data/sdext2 1>>$LOG 2>>$LOG

Then save the file and try flashing it (nandroid first of course). As long as you got the partition number correct, and the Settings > Storage > Default is to external then everything should work just as it did on the G300.

And yeah, if this works feel free to share it.

Do I still have to follow some steps listed in here , especially for partitioning the external SD ? I flashed the file, I also have Link2SD application installed but I cannot move anything on the internal 2GB partition. It moves either on the SD or on the internal 756MB storage.

I am using a Baidu ROM (a earlier version of this ).

If you need some logs/files/anything, just tell me how to reach them and I will provide.

The only steps that you need to follow are in the first post, you shouldn't need to do anything else. If it isn't working then it is possible the rom doesn't support init.d, if so then try using this app: https://play.google....niversal.init.d Once that is installed and enabled it should just be a case of flashing the zip from the first post and you should be up and running.

Edited by Cyda

Guest derei

The only steps that you need to follow are in the first post, you shouldn't need to do anything else. If it isn't working then it is possible the rom doesn't support init.d, if so then try using this app: https://play.google....niversal.init.d Once that is installed and enabled it should just be a case of flashing the zip from the first post and you should be up and running.

But in system/etc/init.d I have a file called 90userinit ... shouldn't that mean the rom has init.d support ? Or the presence of the file is not enough ? I will use the app you mentioned and then I will come back with update.

UPDATE

I installed universal init.d enabler, now I DO HAVE init.d support, Link2SD doesn't warn me anymore about missing partition, but still the apps are moved to the EXTERNAL SD, instead on the 2GB internal partition...

I removed the External SD, to see what happens when I try to move something (I tried with dolphin mini browser) and I got this error:

Failure

pkg: /data/app/com.dolphin.browser-1.apk Failure [iNSTALL_FAILED_MEDIA_UNAVAILABLE]

...still need help to "convince" Link2SD to move files where I want to...

Thanks.

Edited by derei

Guest Cyda

But in system/etc/init.d I have a file called 90userinit ... shouldn't that mean the rom has init.d support ? Or the presence of the file is not enough ? I will use the app you mentioned and then I will come back with update.

The fact that the file is there means that the zip installed correctly but there is nothing to say that the rom is actually executing the files, even if you installed this on a rom with no init.d support those files would be there after flashing. Using that app should allow you to at least check if the problem was caused by init.d no being executed.

Guest derei

Using that app should allow you to at least check if the problem was caused by init.d no being executed.

Thank you so far... I used the app and indeed, I hadn't init.d support... but I have now. I updated my earlier post here ... some aspects of it are fixed, but still the apps aren't moved on the internal SD

Guest Cyda

Thank you so far... I used the app and indeed, I hadn't init.d support... but I have now. I updated my earlier post here ... some aspects of it are fixed, but still the apps aren't moved on the internal SD

No idea then, sorry. Must be something with the specific rom.

Guest derei

No idea then, sorry. Must be something with the specific rom.

how I can check which storage is the default one? Now I'm shooting blind... thinking that maybe my storage devices are not configured as they should... and this (Baidu) ROM doesn't seem to have a configuration menu, to decide which one is the default storage...

Guest Cyda

how I can check which storage is the default one? Now I'm shooting blind... thinking that maybe my storage devices are not configured as they should... and this (Baidu) ROM doesn't seem to have a configuration menu, to decide which one is the default storage...

I don't know sorry, I've never used Baidu rom so I don't know any of its settings or features.

Guest derei

This is how my Storage Info looks like from Link2SD ... i know, you said before that you never used Baidu and you may not be able to help me... but still... you are experts... so any clue may be helpful.

I still hope there is a way to make it work... and I hope somebody here will find the solution.

Thanks again.

...the image is composed from two scrolled screens... because the list was longer than a screen.

2w6ys8z.png

Guest Cyda

From the look of that storage info pic everything looks correct and it looks as if Link2Int is installed and working.

Have you tried linking a few different apps? Some apps cannot be linked, so try a few different ones, especially games and see if any work.

Edited by Cyda

Guest NikitoGR

I have installed on Electra v3 rom (10.1) and until now I haven't faced any issues. Is it possible to make the Need for Speed to run from the internal memory?

Guest NikitoGR

I have moved the nfs files in the internal storage, but in the link2SD says that the internal storage has free 2GB while it should show some mb of free. What I did wrong?

Guest Cyda

I have moved the nfs files in the internal storage, but in the link2SD says that the internal storage has free 2GB while it should show some mb of free. What I did wrong?

You misunderstand how Link2Int works - it allows you to move the .apk files NOT the data files of a game. If you want to move the sdcard data files belonging to a game you are using wrong tool.

Try this instead: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192122